Christian moral relativism

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ghada

Jul 13, 2023
Damascus
Faith
Christian
Country
Syrian Arab Republic
Some Christians preach moral relativism, when it comes to sinning against God.

One moral relevance is separating sinning by frequency.

Against thee, thee only, have I sinned, and done this evil in thy sight: that thou mightest be justified when thou speakest, and be clear when thou judgest.

David is speaking of one specific sin as being against God.

And if ye call on the Father, who without respect of persons judgeth according to every man's work, pass the time of your sojourning here in fear:

The Father judges man's works, which includes each and every work done at the time.

The Christian moral relevance of sinning frequency is taught that one sinning is not of the devil, but only frequent sinning is against God, and 'proves' lack of saving faith.

Another moral relevance of some Christians, is that of the 'quality' or nature of sinning.

They speak of their own sinning as merely mistakes and blunders and such, but not really sinning with the devil against God. And the most heinous part of this Christian moral relevance of sinning, is that it's only their sinning that is not as bad and evil and ungodly as the world's.

And what's this Christian moral relevance based upon? They are believers and others are not. They teach sinning becomes different in quality of God's judgment, between Christians sinning and other sinners of the world and it's religions.

It's also the basis for their first moral relevance of frequency of sinning. Their own sinning 'from time to time' is never too frequent for themselves to be saved, but only the frequency of others more often or worse in nature than their own.

And so, in the end the Christian moral relevance is the same as the worlds. It's all subjective based upon personal judgment alone: It's only bad or too often for others, but never for themselves.

My sins are mistakes, but their's are evil. My sinning is not as often as their's.

P.s. The only Christian sinners, that do not preach this moral relevance, say that all the world is or will be saved, and no sinning is against God nor too does it matter how often. They are the only ones sincerely preaching the gospel of being saved entirely by faith alone, which has nothing to do with how they live.

They are sincerely wrong, of course, but at least sincere and not duplicitous in their doctrine. They don't believe they have any need to justify themselves, while playing the judge with others.

Reactions: Wynona

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This morning, a friend said about Christianity, "Its about a relationship not rules." It's both.

1 John 2:3

3 And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.

There is no relationshion with Jesus, no knowing Him, without obedience. Unfortunately, she is being taught the same hyper-grace nonsense I was taught.

Reactions: Wrangler

Ghada

Jul 13, 2023
Damascus
Faith
Christian
Country
Syrian Arab Republic
This morning, a friend said about Christianity, "Its about a relationship not rules." It's both.

1 John 2:3

3 And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.

There is no relationshion with Jesus, no knowing Him, without obedience. Unfortunately, she is being taught the same hyper-grace nonsense I was taught.
And of course our relationships are entirely subjective and selective, based upon what we think about it at the moment.

It's all relative to how we feel at the time.

I believe God is not taken seriously as a person on earth, because they see Him as a Spirit only, and not as a man on earth, even after coming in the flesh to dwell with man. He's more like some big fluffy white cloud in the sky, than the judge of all the earth to be taken more seriously than any thoughts, intents, rules, and doctrines we have in mind.

We forget all that stuff ends in the grave.

Reactions: Wynona