Christian Movies

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i have never seen The Chosen series it does sound intresting though
Oh my... I hope you will watch the series soon. When/if you do, please let me know how you like it. :) They are unlike any Bible based movies I've ever seen. You will see humor and the humanity aspect of Christ as well.

Reactions: shortangel

shortangel

Aug 23, 2020
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
here's some faith based movies that i like

The Chroncles Of Narnia,

The Lord of the Rings & The Hobbit,

the 3 part miniseries Jesus Of Nazereth, - this might be on streaming platforms,

The Bible Series

Reactions: historyb and TLHKAJ

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Risen - not strictly biblical but Christian and thought provoking.

The Passion of the Christ. (and apparently there is a sequel in the making called The Resurrection.)

The War Room.

Paul.

Reactions: TLHKAJ

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Risen - not strictly biblical but Christian and thought provoking.

The Passion of the Christ. (and apparently there is a sequel in the making called The Resurrection.)

The War Room.

Paul.
I enjoyed War Room. :)

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There was a movie ....very poorly acted but very thought provoking...called "Remember." It has a very End Times theme. In it, children are removed from the home as soon as they're born and raised by the government with no knowledge they have parents, and parents are given a pill every day to make them forget they had children. Government controls every aspect of life ...etc. It has a good ending ....the central message is based on this verse:

“And he shall turn the heart of the fathers to the children, and the heart of the children to their fathers, lest I come and smite the earth with a curse.” — Malachi 4:6 (KJV)

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Have you seen any of the others?
I've not seen Paul or Risen. I'll have to look into those. :)

I watched some of the Passion of Christ. I have never been a huge fan of hollywood Bible movies, but I tried because everyone was so in to it. It had an off kind of feeling about it and I never finished watching it. That's not to criticize those who watched it and liked it though. I'm very spiritually sensitive. I think that's part of why I could never watch hollywood Bible movies, even as a child.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I've not seen Paul or Risen. I'll have to look into those. :)

I watched some of the Passion of Christ. I have never been a huge fan of hollywood Bible movies, but I tried because everyone was so in to it. It had an off kind of feeling about it and I never finished watching it. That's not to criticize those who watched it and liked it though. I'm very spiritually sensitive. I think that's part of why I could never watch hollywood Bible movies, even as a child.
The Passion of the Christ mad us both cry when we watched it; to think that Jesus went through that and worse for us.

And Risen is about a Roman officer whose men were given the responsibility of guarding the tomb of Jesus. Of course we all know that they didn't succeed in preventing an empty tomb. The officer is then tasked with finding the body - but of course there is no body to find - and it makes him think. It's very good. The film about Paul I wasn't thrilled about.

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
So there are:
Bible story movies,
Documentaries,
Inspirational movies

But there are very few original stories like Chronicles of Narnia. And I'm not terribly impressed by it. Seems like the story was forced around the Christian Narrative.

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So there are:
Bible story movies,
Documentaries,
Inspirational movies

But there are very few original stories like Chronicles of Narnia. And I'm not terribly impressed by it. Seems like the story was forced around the Christian Narrative.
Thank you for bringing that up. I have never been a fan of the Chronicles of Narnia, never had a great feeling about C.S. Lewis and his work. I don't say it a lot because I get a ton of flack for it.

Have you ever watched any of "The Chosen" movies?

What about the Bible based cartoons by Nest Entertainment for children?
I think they're really good aside from the fact Jesus is portrayed as looking pretty "white." (Don't really want to go there too much, bc the cartoons are really great for children.)

Last edited:

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
Thank you for belonging that up. I have never been a fan of the Chronicles of Narnia, never had a great feeling about C.S. Lewis and his work. I don't say it a lot because I get a ton of flack for it.

I think they're really good aside from the fact Jesus is portrayed as looking pretty "white." (Don't really want to go there too much, bc the cartoons are really great for children.)

Never actually saw them, will have to look.

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
Thank you for belonging that up. I have never been a fan of the Chronicles of Narnia, never had a great feeling about C.S. Lewis and his work. I don't say it a lot because I get a ton of flack for it.

I really would like to see a good Christian themed fictional story or novel. Something that really feels truely inspired, and loaded with metaphors. The issue is you can't compete with the greatest story of all time.

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I really would like to see a good Christian themed fictional story or novel. Something that really feels truely inspired, and loaded with metaphors. The issue is you can't compete with the greatest story of all time.
Just saw a typo in my post...kinda irritates me. I'm not sure how that happened. lol

Anyway, I agree. I like a good Christian fiction or novel, but it's hard to find ones that at least stick to sound doctrine.

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
Just saw a typo in my post...kinda irritates me. I'm not sure how that happened. lol

Anyway, I agree. I like a good Christian fiction or novel, but it's hard to find ones that at least stick to sound doctrine.
That is a danger too, introducing false doctrines advertantly or not.

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is a danger too, introducing false doctrines advertantly or not.
Yes, and I don't say this to most people, but I have seen some subtle indication of occult influence, even in Christian movies. Someone who wasn't raised with my background wouldn't notice it ...even if in their spirit, they sensed something was off, they may easily dismiss it because it's so hidden.

Example...(in a very popular movie) a woman often goes into her "prayer closet" ...she gazes up to a small octagonal window every time she prays. There is an unusual focus on that window that is never addressed in the entire movie.

BUT ...did you know that the octagon and the number 8 are often used in the cult in relation to the antichrist?
Consider the Al Aqsa Mosque, the Vatican .....and this....

“And the beast that was, and is not, even he is the eighth, and is of the seven, and goeth into perdition.” — Revelation 17:11 (KJV)

The cult loves to hide things in plain sight.
Understanding MPD/DID

Last edited: