Christian Movies

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I believe that whoever wrote the script for that movie knew some things about how the elites are getting a lot of their "intel" from fallen ones.

Idk how I could better explain, than the words I already used. Maybe you could share what exactly you're looking for. Or .... we could just go back to sharing Christian movies. Lol :)
Personally I don't think demons (fallen angels) cohabited with humans producing offspring but it is not an issue I would create a division over. Fallen ones however is the term used for angels that sided with Lucifer. They influence all whom they can....knowingly or unknowingly, governments and individuals alike but they are not alone in influence.....Gods angels are also amongst men.

I think a tipping point will be reached where God's angels will be withdrawn from the influences they exert in society because society at large will have spurned things pertaining to life.....then we will know a time of trouble which has never before been....then we will see the mask evil wears of 'righteousness' pulled off and its unrestrained influence unleashed.

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Fallen ones however is the term used for angels that sided with Lucifer.
Yes, I understand this. And their offspring (with human women) were/are nephilim. I understand your belief, but if you had seen nephilim, and/or were a woman who this happened to, you'd have a different perspective.

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Flywheel"
"The Shack"
"Soul Surfer"
"Courageous"
"War Room"
"Fireproof"

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Yes, I understand this. And their offspring (with human women) were/are nephilim. I understand your belief, but if you had seen nephilim, and/or were a woman who this happened to, you'd have a different perspective.
for what this is worth.....angels don't marry according to Jesus and it is my guess it is because they are sexless; in other words they don't have genitals because they don't reproduce.....or, have you heard of baby angels, good or bad or angels with breasts?

I think defining nephilim as a hybrid is an error.

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
for what this is worth.....angels don't marry according to Jesus and it is my guess it is because they are sexless; in other words they don't have genitals because they don't reproduce.....or, have you heard of baby angels, good or bad or angels with breasts?

Taking all of scripture as a whole, we get a fuller and more complete picture. Jesus said that angels in heaven do not marry. The book of Jude tells us that they left their heavenly estate and engaged in sinful acts.

“And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day.” — Jude 1:6 (KJV)

Brother, read this in context, because the following verse tells what their sin was.

“Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire.” — Jude 1:7 (KJV)

Now ...if you think this can't happen again, you'd be wrong because Jesus said those days would come again, "as the days of Noah were..." And I have witnessed it.

I don't need convincing ...I've seen and experienced it. And scripture bears out what I've seen and experienced.

The word that is translated "habitation" is this...

G3613 Greek: οἰκητήριον Transliteration: oikētḗrion Pronunciation: oy-kay-tay'-ree-on ---------- Description: neuter of a presumed derivative of οἰκέω(G3611) (equivalent to οἴκημα(G3612)); a residence (literally or figuratively): Translation: habitation, house. KJV usage: house (1x), habitation (1x).

It is the same word used here in this verse (translated, "house") where plainly, it is referring to our heavenly body.

“For in this we groan, earnestly desiring to be clothed upon with our house which is from heaven:” — 2 Corinthians 5:2 (KJV)

Good night.

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Just putting this out there ... There have never been any female angels. All of the angels mentioned in the Bible have been male. The woman is the glory of man as mentioned in 1 Corinthians 11 - Eve came from Adam.

This is a big subject common for those of us who do wear a head covering, despite the talk of it being cultural at that time to not be confused with a prostitute. That isn't what Paul said. He said it was a sign of authority on our heads because of the angels. (Which eliminates the possibility of it being cultural or for a time. Remember the old giant hats the women would wear in church on Sunday?

We didn't stop until 150 years ago as the new wave of feminism (the kind we have today) progressed and then we just flat out removed it ignoring Paul's statement "If anyone wants to be contentious about this, we have no other practice-nor do the churches of God." *Meaning, it was a practice that was practiced.*

So we see it as as an act of obedience (not the answer to salvation) as a sign to the angels that we are in obedience to God's natural order and not in rebellion from the beginning of Eve, and avoiding bringing shame to the men - by exalting their glory in the presence of Christ and if you believe that a woman's hair is her glory, then by covering her hair before she comes before the throne she willingly does what the fallen angels would not.

The reason I bring that up, is to clear up the confusion before I bring this mess in. So a lot of women believe that the covering is to hide your hair to protect the angels from lusting after you like in Genesis. That's just not true, and insulting in my opinion. That whole thing wasn't even mentioned in 1 Cor 11, but I think the practice in 1 Cor 11, and Eve being formed from Adam in Genesis, makes it evident that the form of the woman is an earth thing, and not a heaven thing.

But the mention of Nephilim is in Genesis 6 and all of the way back to the Geneva 1599 it is usually stated as "giants." The term Nephilim is believed to be derived from the Hebrew word "naphal" leaning towards "the fallen". I don't know if that would make them considered a supernatural "hybrid" or a genetic irregularity cause all those women were messing around with the "sons of God." That wouldn't be normal human DNA.

However, really tall men were rare in those times so tall men would have potentially been seen, at least by the pagans, as being "supernatural."

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Taking all of scripture as a whole, we get a fuller and more complete picture. Jesus said that angels in heaven do not marry. The book of Jude tells us that they left their heavenly estate and engaged in sinful acts.

“And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day.” — Jude 1:6 (KJV)

Brother, read this in context, because the following verse tells what their sin was.

“Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire.” — Jude 1:7 (KJV)

Now ...if you think this can't happen again, you'd be wrong because Jesus said those days would come again, "as the days of Noah were..." And I have witnessed it.

I don't need convincing ...I've seen and experienced it. And scripture bears out what I've seen and experienced.

The word that is translated "habitation" is this...

G3613 Greek: οἰκητήριον Transliteration: oikētḗrion Pronunciation: oy-kay-tay'-ree-on ---------- Description: neuter of a presumed derivative of οἰκέω(G3611) (equivalent to οἴκημα(G3612)); a residence (literally or figuratively): Translation: habitation, house. KJV usage: house (1x), habitation (1x).

It is the same word used here in this verse (translated, "house") where plainly, it is referring to our heavenly body.

“For in this we groan, earnestly desiring to be clothed upon with our house which is from heaven:” — 2 Corinthians 5:2 (KJV)

Good night.
1...The house angels inhabit is holiness. To leave their habitation means none other than siding with rebellion.
2...Fornication is an uncommitted union....this is understood even in the secular world.
3...Strange flesh is none other than adultery in a committed relationship or beastiality. This expression is common in the German language to describe adultery.

Transposing the texts you have cited to mean cohabitation of fallen angels with human women to produce offspring (hybrid creatures) is attempting to draw a bow that is too long.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Just putting this out there ... There have never been any female angels. All of the angels mentioned in the Bible have been male. The woman is the glory of man as mentioned in 1 Corinthians 11 - Eve came from Adam.

This is a big subject common for those of us who do wear a head covering, despite the talk of it being cultural at that time to not be confused with a prostitute. That isn't what Paul said. He said it was a sign of authority on our heads because of the angels. (Which eliminates the possibility of it being cultural or for a time. Remember the old giant hats the women would wear in church on Sunday?

We didn't stop until 150 years ago as the new wave of feminism (the kind we have today) progressed and then we just flat out removed it ignoring Paul's statement "If anyone wants to be contentious about this, we have no other practice-nor do the churches of God." *Meaning, it was a practice that was practiced.*

So we see it as as an act of obedience (not the answer to salvation) as a sign to the angels that we are in obedience to God's natural order and not in rebellion from the beginning of Eve, and avoiding bringing shame to the men - by exalting their glory in the presence of Christ and if you believe that a woman's hair is her glory, then by covering her hair before she comes before the throne she willingly does what the fallen angels would not.

The reason I bring that up, is to clear up the confusion before I bring this mess in. So a lot of women believe that the covering is to hide your hair to protect the angels from lusting after you like in Genesis. That's just not true, and insulting in my opinion. That whole thing wasn't even mentioned in 1 Cor 11, but I think the practice in 1 Cor 11, and Eve being formed from Adam in Genesis, makes it evident that the form of the woman is an earth thing, and not a heaven thing.

But the mention of Nephilim is in Genesis 6 and all of the way back to the Geneva 1599 it is usually stated as "giants." The term Nephilim is believed to be derived from the Hebrew word "naphal" leaning towards "the fallen". I don't know if that would make them considered a supernatural "hybrid" or a genetic irregularity cause all those women were messing around with the "sons of God." That wouldn't be normal human DNA.

However, really tall men were rare in those times so tall men would have potentially been seen, at least by the pagans, as being "supernatural."
The expressions 'sons of God' and 'sons of men' in my view designate the dividing line between God's people and those who aren't.
There are sufficient stories of righteous men being lured by the seductions of 'easy' women. On a national level the story of the Moabite women seducing the Israelite men is a case in point or the story of Samson and Delilah another.

Using the expressions 'sons of God' and 'sons of men' to mean other than human unions crosses the line into myth.

Reactions: DuckieLady

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1...The house angels inhabit is holiness. To leave their habitation means none other than siding with rebellion.
2...Fornication is an uncommitted union....this is understood even in the secular world.
3...Strange flesh is none other than adultery in a committed relationship or beastiality. This expression is common in the German language to describe adultery.

Transposing the texts you have cited to mean cohabitation of fallen angels with human women to produce offspring (hybrid creatures) is attempting to draw a bow that is too long.

Possibly. I would even consider that possibly they were simply unbelievers, but it's difficult to say if you read the whole text. For example...

"When human beings began to increase in number on the earth and daughters were born to them, the sons of God saw that the daughters of humans were beautiful, and they married any of them they chose. (This is where I would consider unbelievers.) Then the Lord said, 'My Spirit will not contend with humans forever, for they are mortal; their days will be a hundred and twenty years.'"

Doesn't make sense to me that other humans would be thinking about "the daughters of humans." Instead of "so and so's daughters." And it seems that as wickedness grows in the humans God becomes more infuriated. It's clear that it is giants at the very least. Giants doesn't necessarily mean not human, if you consider Goliath.

So the modern day translations state..

Genesis 6:4 The Nephilim were on the earth in those days—and also afterward—when the sons of God went to the daughters of humans and had children by them. They were the heroes of old, men of renown.

But the Geneva 1599 reads only as...

Genesis 6:4 There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.

giphy.gif

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But remember, the scriptures were written by holy men, inspired by Holy Spirit. So we should take what the scriptures say about them. And btw ...did you ever hear about the giant of Kandahar?

You've inserted your own conclusions without a scriptural basis and you are fighting against scripture.

Now...since we have it straight that we disagree, we should get back to the original topic. :)

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The only "Christian" movie I liked recently was Hacksaw Ridge...

The guy made a vow to God and kept it even though circumstances made it almost impossible to keep.
He wasn't a coward or an enemy sympathizer as people kept trying to label him. He had made a good, solid vow to God.
He did face down the worst and most frightening scenarios to accomplish good.

He meant what he said and said what he meant...a very unusual person to begin with.
I seriously doubt we could find half a dozen members of this forum that are that way.

Reactions: TLHKAJ and Taken

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But remember, the scriptures were written by holy men, inspired by Holy Spirit. So we should take what the scriptures say about them. And btw ...did you ever hear about the giant of Kandahar?

Never heard of the giant of Kandahar! I looked it up, but it immediately came up as a hoax. But we still have giants in our time. We've had Robert Wadlow, Andre the Giant, Sultan Kösen, but usually these are caused by pituitary issues like a tumor.

Btw, the only few Christian movies I can remember liking were probably Fireproof (haven't seen it in like 10+ years though) and Belle And The Beast, which was just the equivalent of a cheesy Hallmark romance.

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Possibly. I would even consider that possibly they were simply unbelievers, but it's difficult to say if you read the whole text. For example...

"When human beings began to increase in number on the earth and daughters were born to them, the sons of God saw that the daughters of humans were beautiful, and they married any of them they chose. (This is where I would consider unbelievers.) Then the Lord said, 'My Spirit will not contend with humans forever, for they are mortal; their days will be a hundred and twenty years.'"

Doesn't make sense to me that other humans would be thinking about "the daughters of humans." Instead of "so and so's daughters." And it seems that as wickedness grows in the humans God becomes more infuriated. It's clear that it is giants at the very least. Giants doesn't necessarily mean not human, if you consider Goliath.

So the modern day translations state..

Genesis 6:4 The Nephilim were on the earth in those days—and also afterward—when the sons of God went to the daughters of humans and had children by them. They were the heroes of old, men of renown.

But the Geneva 1599 reads only as...

Genesis 6:4 There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.

giphy.gif
Take scripture as it is stated. You're correct...why would they have to specify that these are "daughters of men" or "human" ...that should be a given. lol But in reality, the angels who left their own habitation (body) went after "strange flesh" just like the book of Jude says. And in these last days, these things are happening again...just like Jesus said it would. In the days of Noah, God sent a flood. But it won't be too long and he will make a full end of this wickedness with fire.

Never heard of the giant of Kandahar! I looked it up, but it immediately came up as a hoax. But we still have giants in our time. We've had Robert Wadlow, Andre the Giant, Sultan Kösen, but usually these are caused by pituitary issues like a tumor.

Btw, the only few Christian movies I can remember liking were probably Fireproof (haven't seen it in like 10+ years though) and Belle And The Beast, which was just the equivalent of a cheesy Hallmark romance.
I did like Fireproof. :)
I don't believe the Kandahar giant was a hoax. But even if it was, I have seen enough nephilim in my lifetime, and witnessed the rituals where they were present, and modern day incursions. I was used on the altars as a child for that purpose.

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But we still have giants in our time. We've had Robert Wadlow, Andre the Giant, Sultan Kösen, but usually these are caused by pituitary issues like a tumor
Those weren't nephilim giants. The ones you named were born with a pituitary condition and their gigantism resulted in their deaths. Not so with nephilim giants. And not all nephilim are very tall in stature.

Jesus said that in the last days we would see a return of the days of Noah. We are there now.

Reactions: NayborBear

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This isn't a "movie" but it fits along with the last several posts.