Christian Music vs Worship Music

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

B

brakelite

2nd chapter of acts!!! Lol. Now I feel ancient. They, and some of their contemporaries such as Barry McGuire and Larry Norman were for me borderline... But I loved Andre Crouch, the Gaithers (still do) Chuck Girard, and Keith Greene

Reactions: Nancy
B

brakelite

Keith Greene to me was a great lyracist. Redeemed some of his more rocky songs:)

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2nd chapter of acts!!! Lol. Now I feel ancient. They, and some of their contemporaries such as Barry McGuire and Larry Norman were for me borderline... But I loved Andre Crouch, the Gaithers (still do) Chuck Girard, and Keith Greene

Im gunna take a gander here and say that I bet you also liked Phil Keaggy? :)

Reactions: Jane_Doe22

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am torn between 2 places of worship. Both Church's have awesome, biblical messages. No fluff but. I so love the reverential worship at the one Church but not so much the other. The other is like a secular concert. Tough one, huh? lol.
So, anyhow, at the one Church that I love the worship music, they take all the songs seriously. They really try to keep out all the "I's" me's and my's" of the songs...it seems to make a lot of difference to me. I do understand that many Church's today are trying to attract a younger generation, and that is fine and good. I have my favorite Christian/Jesus music stations on Pandora and listen to them all the time but...it is different as I might be doing something around the house while listening rather than lifting my arms in praise (although, there are some songs that will inspire me to do that while doing chores, lol) We have a Wesleyan Church near me, they have two services...one in the small building which is all traditional music and then the main chapel is the more contemporary.
So, am I being judgmental, or should we consider culture?

I am not a church goer, so can't comment on what particular churches do.

On the broader side; I have never liked music for the purpose of giving Praise to the Lord, "in a fashion" that is geared more like "entertaining" the congregation, which I tend to lean toward, being popular in "modern" churches.

God Bless,
Taken

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I am not a church goer, so can't comment on what particular churches do.

On the broader side; I have never liked music for the purpose of giving Praise to the Lord, "in a fashion" that is geared more like "entertaining" the congregation, which I tend to lean toward, being popular in "modern" churches.

God Bless,
Taken
Worship really is Godward, first and foremost. The Psalms are ample proof of this. John 4.24 shows worship must be 'in spirit and in truth', in the words of the Lord Jesus.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Worship really is Godward, first and foremost. The Psalms are ample proof of this. John 4.24 shows worship must be 'in spirit and in truth', in the words of the Lord Jesus.

Ofcourse.

Glory to God,
Taken

Reactions: farouk