Christian Pro Wrestling?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Edifier

Oct 22, 2008
Now, some might be a bit skeptical of Christian Pro Wrestling, but I think it's a great outreach to the youth of today. Back when I was younger if you wanted me to find Jesus then you would've had to come on WCW Monday Night Nitro (A wrestling program,) to reach me. I wrote a song with a friend, Derek Otey called "Carry Our Cross." You can google "Carry Our Cross by Derek Otey," and you'll find the song and be able to hear it for free... But anyway, we wrote this song specifically for a Christian wrestling promotion out in Texas ran by Mark Von Erich. They do storylines that are good vs evil, but have a good Biblical message and good always wins. At the end of every show they do an alter call and many people respond to this call. This is an amazing thing, and I'm just blessed to be a small part of it with the song.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(Edifier;61366)
Now, some might be a bit skeptical of Christian Pro Wrestling, but I think it's a great outreach to the youth of today. Back when I was younger if you wanted me to find Jesus then you would've had to come on WCW Monday Night Nitro (A wrestling program,) to reach me. I wrote a song with a friend, Derek Otey called "Carry Our Cross." You can google "Carry Our Cross by Derek Otey," and you'll find the song and be able to hear it for free... But anyway, we wrote this song specifically for a Christian wrestling promotion out in Texas ran by Mark Von Erich. They do storylines that are good vs evil, but have a good Biblical message and good always wins. At the end of every show they do an alter call and many people respond to this call. This is an amazing thing, and I'm just blessed to be a small part of it with the song.
In my honest opinion I don't think Pro-Wrestling is exactly Christian, whether it was WCW (World Championship Wrestling), WWF/E (World Wrestling Federation / Entertainment), ECW (Extreme Championship Wrestling) etc.As an Atheist, I love wrestling...Now as a Christian, it bothers my soul my soul tremendously. Because my guts told me it was based on lust. YUCK!There a wrestling shirt that reminds of what is going to happen in the future to come.
9a5b_1.JPG
For those who knows what I am talking about, feel free to post, if you want.EDIT: Before you guys get in a rant. I don't think wrestling is bad. I don't lump High School Wrestling with Pro Wrestling.

Dragon

Jun 11, 2007
(Edifier;61366)
Two things:1) I hope you didn't stay on the WCW bandwagon for long, as it was only a matter of time before WWF/E was going to prevail over them and watch them self destruct LOL.2) Is Mike Von Erich related to the famous Von Eric family for real, or is he just using the name? I know that the Von Erichs were based out of Texas.It's cool that you write music, especially for pro wrestling. Speaking of pro-wrestling and Christianity, Isn't it about time Shawn Michaels got new music? Ever think of writing one?As a side note, I don't think pro wrestling is anti-Christian, I just think alot of the fans might be. I just think that pro wrestling is a little ignorant to Christianity, but not willingly. Sometimes they'll do Christian based storylines but get things mixed up or wrong. I think that's one of the few flaws of pro wrestling.

sunflower1984

Jul 31, 2008
In theory, it seems like a good idea...but unfortunately if it were striving to be big like the WWE, I think the story lines would not appeal to the fans. I agree that a lot of pro wrestling fans might be Christians, but the pro wrestling as an industry is anything but Christian.