Christianese.......Micha Tyler

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Keturah

Dec 19, 2022
Here
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is how " Christians " act today.........get this & get the book for " Christian Dummies"

Reactions: shortangel

Keturah

Dec 19, 2022
Here
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sound familiar?
What is happening to the faithful?.... To the believers ?

Do we need the garbage of the " world" called christianese?

The self-righteous, think so!
The no earthly good bc they're sooooo heavenly minded folks, think so !

What about you ?
Is the TRUTH too solid for you?

Set your affections on things above where none can corrupt.
Get your mind out of the PC, don't want to offend, I'm right YOU'RE WRONG SATANIC THINKING .

Get right with God before your today is ALL you HAD left !

Rita

Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry but I found this video made me laugh ……I mean ‘ get Rosetta Stone and learn how you should speak, ect ect. Learn from man , but you have to buy it !! ‘
In reality if you walk close to the Lord and rely on his Holy Spirit and follow the example of how Jesus interacted ( his attitudes when he spoke to others ) then you should be able to work out how you should speak to others……….
I do understand that Christian’s do often speak another language with others, I remember when I came to faith and other Christian’s would use words I had never heard before , let alone understand them !
We do forget so easily that things sometimes need to be explained in much easier ways if a person doesn’t have much contact with Christian’s.

Do you remember some years ago when the WWJD bracelets were in fashion well instead of ‘ What would Jesus do ‘ perhaps we need a ‘ What would Jesus say ‘ or ‘ How would Jesus say ‘ bracelet today. ………..….

Keturah

Dec 19, 2022
Here
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry but I found this video made me laugh ……I mean ‘ get Rosetta Stone and learn how you should speak, ect ect. Learn from man , but you have to buy it !! ‘
In reality if you walk close to the Lord and rely on his Holy Spirit and follow the example of how Jesus interacted ( his attitudes when he spoke to others ) then you should be able to work out how you should speak to others……….
I do understand that Christian’s do often speak another language with others, I remember when I came to faith and other Christian’s would use words I had never heard before , let alone understand them !
We do forget so easily that things sometimes need to be explained in much easier ways if a person doesn’t have much contact with Christian’s.

Do you remember some years ago when the WWJD bracelets were in fashion well instead of ‘ What would Jesus do ‘ perhaps we need a ‘ What would Jesus say ‘ or ‘ How would Jesus say ‘ bracelet today. ………..….
Yes Micha meant it in jest but some folks are extremest.

I find they try to SPEAK above us poor peasant believers. Lol.

WWJD bracelets were the rage: on all kinds of arms but few actually applied the fact.

WWJS works for me since so many are now hipping & hollering .....that's NOT what he meant, even when it's written in black and sometimes red against white.

The just CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH IN THEIR _ _ _ _ _ _ _ white uniforms....... Lol.
( Movie time re-call; A Few Good Men)

Keturah

Dec 19, 2022
Here
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I wish, wish, wish.....I could love my own post.....lol

Reactions: Rita

Rita

Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Oh , so it was meant to be funny, that’s a relief as it gave me my morning chuckle xx

• Haha
Reactions: Keturah

Keturah

Dec 19, 2022
Here
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My grands get offended when I play it; 25 & down.

Rita

Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I have to say that I dislike some of his choices for humour( my sons ) , think it crosses some lines. However he dislikes the humour that I grew up with and most of that would not be allowed today. ( very sexists ect )
At the time it was just part of our culture and I must admit that when I see a clip from Benny Hill I cringe myself !

• Haha
Reactions: Keturah

Keturah

Dec 19, 2022
Here
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have to say that I dislike some of his choices for humour( my sons ) , think it crosses some lines. However he dislikes the humour that I grew up with and most of that would not be allowed today. ( very sexists ect )
At the time it was just part of our culture and I must admit that when I see a clip from Benny Hill I cringe myself !
Oh how time be changing.....lol.

I love words,definitions, learning how to use them, reading them and studying the word.

I used to pick up my baby girl grand after school until she started driving.

I drove her crazy..... I'd talk in big sometimes archaic words
She'd say huh? What's that mean.

My intended response would always be ....look it up ! Lol.

She's first yr college and now comes over to get me to help with her literature project ...still doesn't understand words coming out of folk's mouths.

Her B' day is in March will be 20. I told her I'm buying her a thesaurus.......she said " what's that?"
Lol lol lol gotta love them babies !