Christianities Greatest Enemy

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe the churches as seven...

1. Ephesus – Apostolic
2. Smyrnaean – Martyrs (Foxes has the Roman persecutions as ten)
3. Pergamean – Orthodox age - A pygros is a tower, needed for the dark ages
4. Thaytira – Catholic age – The spirit of Jezebel is to control and to dominate
5. Sardis – Sardius is a gem – Elegant yet hard – Protestant age.
6. Philadelphian – Brotherly Love – The Wesleyan age
7. Laodicean – Rich and increased with goods and have need of nothing?

Revelation 1:20
The mystery of the seven stars which thou sawest in my right hand, and the seven golden candlesticks. The seven stars are the angels of the seven churches: and the seven candlesticks which thou sawest are the seven churches.

The majority of Christians are stars that keep the candlesticks of previous church ages burning. Which I have no problem with. In the time of the middle ages control and domination was a big thing. But as the ages have progressed the iron grip over the church has lessened.

I think that in this Laodicean church age the issues are no longer with our fellow brethren. Christianities greatest enemy is in the day and the time. Which if we are not careful we all have the temptation to get worldly, lukewarm, lazy, and sloppy for Christ. Our own lukewarmness is our worst enemy.

RANDOR

Fishin Everyday
Apr 13, 2014
HEAVEN
I'm afraid Chrisitianities greatest enemy...as of today.......is itself.......and of course all the others you mentioned.

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My great grandmother was raised in Floyd County VA, took care of her civil war era parents, got married, and passed the ways into my grandmother, who lived to be a ripe old age. I remember when I first moved here...

1. Blue laws - There were no places of business opened on Sunday
2. Revivals - Would go for weeks - Lots of good evangelists in our conference.
3. Lifestyle - People would work hard Mo-Fr, town on Saturday, church on Sunday.

In my area all the good evangelist died away, there are no more revivals, and one day out of the week is the same as all the rest. Our Pentecostal Holiness denomination followed the Methodist in going from hot--->lukewarm---cold.

Some Lutherans bought an abandoned Methodist church and the first step is to put some Sardisean decency into the run down church. I would say, 150 years ago, that this church was a lively one for Christ.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWfO3wsygTg

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
We are lukewarm because we are fat and lazy

We are fat and lazy because we are a christian country who embraced hard work and free enterprise

It is still much better than being a starving christian within an athiest communist dictatorship.

heretoeternity

Oct 11, 2014
Asia/Pacific
The greatest enemy to christians is the false doctrines floating around for seventeen hundred years..like the
fourth commandment does not have to be followed..what? suddenly one of God's commandments does not have to be
kept? The Bible does not teach that, but the false religion teaches that..so watch out for that false religion, it is leading at least 1.5 billion "christians" astray...Rev 17, Matthew 24

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Our false self

Born_Again

Nov 5, 2014
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
aspen said:
Our false self
This is true. Look at all the different denominations. They seem to critique the scripture to meet their needs. That is a huge reason why I don't have a church currently. Eventually we will be so far from the truth we could very well end up damning ourselves...... God, almighty, help us....

Xhavon

Oct 21, 2014
Born_Again said:
This is true. Look at all the different denominations. They seem to critique the scripture to meet their needs. That is a huge reason why I don't have a church currently. Eventually we will be so far from the truth we could very well end up damning ourselves...... God, almighty, help us....
He will help everyone who asks. Draw near to Him and He will draw near to you.

Trekson

Jul 24, 2012
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think the greatest enemy to Christianity is our lack of spiritual knowledge and our identity in Christ. We have the same power and authority as He does, yet we fail to exercise it. We fail to engage in spiritual warfare. We wrongly believe that we are helpless and powerless against the devil but as we submit ourselves unto God, we can resist him and he will flee.

For heretoeternity: " your words: "like the fourth commandment does not have to be followed..what? suddenly one of God's commandments does not have to be kept?"

Yes, we are no longer required to keep a "lawful" sabbath. Instead, as believers, every day is a sabbath day. We no longer have to use a high priest to gain access to God because Christ is our High Priest. When the temple veil was torn at His crucifixion that symbolized the death of the old way to God and the birth of the new covenant. Now Christ lives within us and not in a temple made with hands, as such, we are with Christ 24/7/365 and no longer need to set aside a day to honor Him. That is done every day (or at least it should be) or as Heb. 4:10 puts it, "Today"!

Reactions: Born_Again

Born_Again

Nov 5, 2014
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Trekson said:
I think the greatest enemy to Christianity is our lack of spiritual knowledge and our identity in Christ. We have the same power and authority as He does, yet we fail to exercise it. We fail to engage in spiritual warfare. We wrongly believe that we are helpless and powerless against the devil but as we submit ourselves unto God, we can resist him and he will flee.

For heretoeternity: " your words: "like the fourth commandment does not have to be followed..what? suddenly one of God's commandments does not have to be kept?"

Yes, we are no longer required to keep a "lawful" sabbath. Instead, as believers, every day is a sabbath day. We no longer have to use a high priest to gain access to God because Christ is our High Priest. When the temple veil was torn at His crucifixion that symbolized the death of the old way to God and the birth of the new covenant. Now Christ lives within us and not in a temple made with hands, as such, we are with Christ 24/7/365 and no longer need to set aside a day to honor Him. That is done every day (or at least it should be) or as Heb. 4:10 puts it, "Today"!
I had to give you a "vote up"! That was good evidence for your argument!! Well done!

heretoeternity

Oct 11, 2014
Asia/Pacific

Your false statements about God's Holy seventh day Sabbath confirm my point exactly. You are following satan's works which try to turn people away from the Commandments, which God Himself wrote on the stone Tablets...and now the false teachers, who are obviously under satan's influence say one or more of His commandment is abolished and does not have to be kept..remember God does not change..when He says somethng..that is it, unless you are following false gods, which is the case for those who would twist scripture to follow another day, which God, did not
command bless or sanctify...satan has indeed deceived the whole world, and the vast majority of the "christian" movement..

Trekson

Jul 24, 2012
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi hereforeternity, Your words: "one or more of His commandment is abolished and does not have to be kept..."

I never said it was abolished and I never said it didn't need to be 'kept". We just keep it differently, in a non-lawful way, because we want to, not because we have to. If one "keeps" the sabbath because they're trying to obey the law, then they put themselves under the WHOLE law and grace is no longer available. Keeping a "lawful" sabbath just because it is a part of the law is what is errant and of satan. That is what Christ's warnings about Judaizers was all about.

heretoeternity

Oct 11, 2014
Asia/Pacific
Haha...Trekkson...God puts a law in the ten commandments, and you try to refute it? hmmm..ther you have the answer to the greatest enemy of christianity...too many people who claim to be "christian" try to twist the law of God
based on something they have been told, rather than just doing it...do you realize the seventh day rest (Sabbath) was created by God on the seventh (last) day of creation week? don't you realize it is an integral part of Creation? Six days God created everything, then He actually celebrated by creating a gift for humankind to enjoy every seventh day..a day of complete physical, psychological, rest, so we can celebrate Creation with Him, our Creator,and spend a whole day rejuvenating our spiritual connection with God...He blessed the day, and sanctified (set aside for Holy purposes) this special day...as you should be able to see, the seventh day Sabbath is as much a part of God's Creation as we are...
But the "enlightened christians" would sooner follow satan, the great deceiver..and therein lies the problem with mainstream "christianity"..satan has them so confused and deceived, he has led the vast majority astray, just like Eve in the garden...

Please remember to follow the Son of God, His days and commandments, and NOT the sun god/satan and his days of sunday, dec 25th and easter, all of which are pagan based and non Biblical!

Trekson

Jul 24, 2012
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Here, I'm re-posting an article I wrote that clarifies my viewpoint on sabbath-keeping better instead of hijacking the original OP. You may respond there if you like.

heretoeternity

Oct 11, 2014
Asia/Pacific
So if what you say is true Trekson and we don't have to follow the fouth commandment, then we don't have to keep any of them right? At least according to your logic!

Trekson

Jul 24, 2012
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Here, I'll re-post another one I did on the law, in general for your benefit.

heretoeternity

Oct 11, 2014
Asia/Pacific
Not for my benefit for your own benefit..you cut and paste a bunch of old repeat items from satanic filled followers of Rome, which means nothing in Biblical terms, but is false teaching and false doctrine...but go for it, God gave us free will, to follow His commandments or not follow His commandments, and the vast majority of "christian" churches chose NOT to follow His commandments..therein lies the problem with the so called "christian" churces today..comfortable, lazy and disobedient...

Remember Salvation is by following the Son of God, His days and commandments, and NOT the sun god/satan and his days of sunday, dec 25th and easter, all of which are pagan based and non Biblical!

haz

Feb 17, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
I understand the lukewarm to be those who mix works of the law, with grace.

We cannot mix works with grace, Rom 11:6. And we see many scriptures confirming that once under grace we should not turn back to the law.

Sadly we are seeing many today professing to know God, but in their works of the law (instead of faith) they deny Him, Tit 1:16

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hetero - why don't you go start an adoration thread devoted to your false prophet Ellen White, and stop regurgitating her garbage laden beliefs about the Catholic Church.......it is so tired and predictable

heretoeternity

Oct 11, 2014
Asia/Pacific
Aspen your attitude is symptomatic of todays society and "christianity" and shows what is wrong with these two factions...You chose to assume if one follows the Bible, and the seventh day Sabbath they are SDA or other denomination..you are wrong dead wrong..denominations are from satan, divide and conquer mentality...Ellen White and the SDA did not invent the Sabbath..God made it part of Creation, and commanded this day...it's a pity you are too blinded to see that.
As a Biblical follower of Jesus, I can find no denominations which follow the word of God, the Holy Bible completely..most denominations are based on the pagan based Roman church which has led the vast majority away from salvation, and put them on the broad way to destruction, as Jesus described.
I thank God that He answered my prayers and opened my eyes, heart and mind to His true teachings.

Remember salvation is through the Son of God, His days and Commandments, and NOT the sun god/satan and his days of sunday, dec 25th and easter, all of which are pagan based and non Biblical.