Christianity and Clubbing?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gods_lady89

Feb 26, 2013
Is it ok for Christians to go to the club? Or is it an
inappropriate setting for Christians? Pls share your comments and opinions. The
following video by Step Out Time talks about this issue please watch and share
your thoughts:

biggandyy

I am here to help...
Oct 11, 2011
SWPA
I DJ, usually at special events at large venues, but I have done clubs before as well. If you behave accordingly to both the local jurisdiction and according to Christian principles there is no problem.

I have sat in churches next to "christians" engaged in the most hurtful gossip spreading you can imagine and I have sat in clubs where people were having a fun time dancing, laughing, and making memories they will keep most of their lives.

Sin is a decision, not some diabolical external villain plotting all matter of woe against your innate Christian purity. The sooner we learn that simple fact the sooner we will stop tilting at the boogieman of "fun" and concern ourselves with the weightier matters of the Word.

Also, a little research as led me to see that you've posted this exact post with at least 6 other sites word for word and the same video. You may even be a bot. Just checking.

KCKID

Feb 14, 2013
Townsville, QLD. Australia
I find it quite worrysome that some people don't want for themselves or for anyone else to place one foot in front of the other without first consulting the Bible. For crying out loud. if one needs to consult a book of rules to determone what is 'fun' and what is not then one may have a problem they're unaware of that needs attention. I personally don't care for night clubs, rap music, excessive alcohol, etc. simply because I don't like them. I didn't consult the Bible first!

Stephen100

Dec 12, 2011
Clubs are a bad environment for Christians. Why would a follower of Christ think there's nothing wrong with it? A place that serves alcohol where many people go to get drunk and commit fornication or even adultery. Yer, sounds like a place Jesus would hang out in. NOT!

KCKID

Feb 14, 2013
Stephen100 said:
Clubs are a bad environment for Christians. Why would a follower of Christ think there's nothing wrong with it? A place that serves alcohol where many people go to get drunk and commit fornication or even adultery. Yer, sounds like a place Jesus would hang out in. NOT!
Actually, a night club may WELL BE where one might find Jesus. "Sinners" were those Jesus chose to mix with. The so-called righteous ones were the one's who peed Him off. I think the last place one would find Jesus would be a church ...!

Stephen100

Dec 12, 2011
KCKID said:
Actually, a night club may WELL BE where one might find Jesus. "Sinners" were those Jesus chose to mix with. The so-called righteous ones were the one's who peed Him off. I think the last place one would find Jesus would be a church ...!
And how many people go to clubs to preach? Clubs are no place for Christians to go to, unless they wanted to preach. But going to a club to have a "good time" is not ideal for Christians, considering the environment.

biggandyy

I am here to help...
Oct 11, 2011
SWPA
Steph, by your standards you can't go to a sporting event, the mall, or even a gas station bathroom ;)

Stephen100

Dec 12, 2011
BiggAndyy said:
Steph, by your standards you can't go to a sporting event, the mall, or even a gas station bathroom ;)
Believe what you want. It's God we will all have to answer to on judgment day. And I believe 100% that Christians should not go into clubs, considering the environment.

KCKID

Feb 14, 2013
Stephen100 said:
Believe what you want. It's God we will all have to answer to on judgment day. And I believe 100% that Christians should not go into clubs, considering the environment.
So, don't go to clubs then. I don't because clubs are not my scene but it's none of my business what others choose to do.

Stephen100

Dec 12, 2011
KCKID said:
So, don't go to clubs then. I don't because clubs are not my scene but it's none of my business what others choose to do.
Yes, but the OP was asking for our opinion. That's all I did--give my opinion.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I agree that clubs are not a good environment for Christians to frequent. Christianity means to be a follower of Christ. I am sure that if Jesus went to a club today, his purpose would be for the salvation of souls and not for personal entertainment and fun...he had a mission, so should we if we go to places like that...JMHO :huh:

PS: I can always tell when friends have either spent their time in the word and when they have spent their time out clubbing and associating in secular leisure or pursuits...their countenance changes!

Shalom!

Reactions: MyAngelsB4U

Groundzero

Not Afraid To Stand
Jul 20, 2011
Australia
KCKID said:
Correction: Jesus was in church quite a bit. At age 12 he was at the synagogue talking with the religious leaders dumbfounding them. And we read time and time again that he was teaching at a synagogue. Jesus did go to the worship places of his day, and quite frequently - but he also mingled with the outcasts of society.

Btw, I'm going to a club tonite . . . friend's birthday party. There we are. Now you may call fire down from heaven onto me. :p

biggandyy

I am here to help...
Oct 11, 2011
SWPA
I don't think Jesus went to the wedding to evangelize or spread the good news. He was having fun and even contributed to the merriment of the weekend.

astonished-kid-big_620x350.jpg

YES, I SAID IT... Jesus had FUN!!

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ok so now I've learned from this thread is to be afraid of malls and stadiums :)

I was already afraid of gas station bathrooms.....no place for any good Christian - only the most desperate.

Reactions: biggandyy

Rex

Oct 17, 2012
Kingman AZ
Just do a Google search for "youtube wild clubs" or wild night clubs or something similar and you tell me

I'm not going to post any of them here

Stephen100

Dec 12, 2011
BiggAndyy said:
I don't think Jesus went to the wedding to evangelize or spread the good news. He was having fun and even contributed to the merriment of the weekend.

BiggAndyy said:

Do you not know the difference between a wedding and a night club? Give me strength!

Warrior

Apr 18, 2012
It's ok as long as you don't act worldly...What I mean Is It's Ok to hang out with friends and chill for a while, Just watch out for bad influences, Raging men, Drugs and too much alcohol.

Status
Not open for further replies.