Christianity and Clubbing?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

IAmAWitness

Nov 7, 2012
Stephen100 said:
And
how many people go to clubs to preach? Clubs are no place for
Christians to go to, unless they wanted to preach. But going to a club
to have a "good time" is not ideal for Christians, considering the
environment.

BiggAndyy said:
Steph, by your standards you can't go to a sporting event, the mall, or even a gas station bathroom ;)
What's a better reading of what he is saying is that if it is not being used to further the Gospel then it is not useful. Presumably if there was that opportunity in the club then it would be okay if done for that purpose. But since it is not a place where generally that opportunity is there, that he is skeptical of, then it is not useful.

My suggestion is that no one intentionally goes to that place to further such a purpose but that if you find yourself in such a place and the opportunity presents itself then you need to take it and do what the Lord would have you do.

I was at a concert on a New Year's Eve night, a heavy metal concert. The Lord allowed me to speak with a pagan/witch that night and it wasn't for me to help him. The pagan showed me some things and confirmed some things about his fellow worshipers that I needed to hear from a witch. It was the hand of God moving that night and I was blessed from talking to him. It should have been about December 31, 2007, or 2008.

KCKID

Feb 14, 2013
Townsville, QLD. Australia
Stephen100 said:
No I didn't, liar.
I'll ignore that you called me a liar even though it's not very Christian to do so. In your Post #8 you went on to imply that those who attend nightclubs will have to account to God on Judgment Day. That sounds like preaching to me.

meshak

Mar 18, 2013
KCKID said:
I'll ignore that you called me a liar even though it's not very Christian to do so. In your Post #8 you went on to imply that those who attend nightclubs will have to account to God on Judgment Day. That sounds like preaching to me.
This is a christian forum. I believe all Christians preaches in Christians forum. It is the nature of the Christian forum friend.

I was at religious forum which was mostly secular and their one of very strict rule was "not to preach". They had problem with just about every comments I made and they end up banned me after only a few weeks.

I am reading the Bible daily, so I dont know how to talk without preaching when it comes to faith.

KCKID

Feb 14, 2013
meshak said:
This is a christian forum. I believe all Christians preaches in Christians forum. It is the nature of the Christian forum friend.
I don't want to be preached to. The preaching by most Christians often contains narcisistic self-agendas and often LITTLE to do with Jesus. Not interested.

meshak said:
I was at religious forum which was mostly secular and their one of very strict rule was "not to preach". They had problem with just about every comments I made and they end up banned me after only a few weeks.
I know the forum you're referring to and am a current member, even though I haven't participated in it for a while. But it IS a debate forum and they're very strict on their 'no preaching' policy, as you say. Most of the Christians on that forum accept this and are given the opportunity to back up their beliefs with more than just religious opinions. That is actually a very good policy since it makes everybody accountable for any belief or statement or opinion they might have, be they Christian or not. This keeps people on their toes and a number of the Christians there take advantage of the 'debate' policy and do a pretty good job 'defending' their faith. I DO find it rather harsh, though, for the mods to have banned you for 'preaching'. That said, it IS an infringement of their rules and I guess they gave you ample warning before taking the drastic step to ban you. Were you not placed on 'probation' first? Or, if you were, did you blow that also?

meshak said:
I am reading the Bible daily, so I dont know how to talk without preaching when it comes to faith.
The problem is ...I don't know how many Christian denominations we presently have that have sprung up from people 'reading the Bible.' While the Gospel message is a simple one the Bible as a whole is a very complex book and hardly relative to modern society. This is why we should stick to Jesus, not the Old Testament, not Paul, etc.

And, meshak, is it not you who stands your ground with regard to NOT preaching to the world? So, who are you preaching to?

meshak

Mar 18, 2013
KCKID said:
I don't want to be preached to. The preaching by most Christians often contains narcisistic self-agendas and often LITTLE to do with Jesus. Not interested.

I know the forum you're referring to and am a current member, even though I haven't participated in it for a while. But it IS a debate forum and they're very strict on their 'no preaching' policy, as you say. Most of the Christians on that forum accept this and are given the opportunity to back up their beliefs with more than just religious opinions. That is actually a very good policy since it makes everybody accountable for any belief or statement or opinion they might have, be they Christian or not. This keeps people on their toes and a number of the Christians there take advantage of the 'debate' policy and do a pretty good job 'defending' their faith. I DO find it rather harsh, though, for the mods to have banned you for 'preaching'. That said, it IS an infringement of their rules and I guess they gave you ample warning before taking the drastic step to ban you. Were you not placed on 'probation' first? Or, if you were, did you blow that also?

The problem is ...I don't know how many Christian denominations we presently have that have sprung up from people 'reading the Bible.' While the Gospel message is a simple one the Bible as a whole is a very complex book and hardly relative to modern society. This is why we should stick to Jesus, not the Old Testament, not Paul, etc.

And, meshak, is it not you who stands your ground with regard to NOT preaching to the world? So, who are you preaching to?
Like I said, I did my best not to preach, in fact I dont even know what preaching is. I asked them to just let me have just one thread and I wont post or reply to any other thread but they refused and banned me.

Nope, I am not in that forum you are talking about. I am still in that forum, they dont ban me or give me warnings. I guess they have different definition of "preaching". Most of the members of that forum is an atheists. They have many probates and I dont know why. I never got any warning there.

I got banned two religious forums because they say I am preaching.. I was only talking about what Jesus teaches. And they say talking about Jesus' teachings is preaching. sheesh.

Rex

Oct 17, 2012
Kingman AZ
KCKID said:
Then please feel free to head on out to the nearest love and bubbles church. They'll preach what your inching ears long to hear and leave those alone that understand being a follower of Christ was never an easy proposition. Plenty of churches that let you eat and keep your cake both, I'll bet aspen could recommend one. The broadway you so desire is a couple of doors down ---->>>

meshak

Mar 18, 2013
KCKID said:

I spread Jesus' love messages to the world which most trinity churches are distorting and misrepresenting. I did this at religious forum and was told I am preachings.

So your last comment is not appropriate.

KCKID

Feb 14, 2013
Rex said:
Then please feel free to head on out to the nearest love and bubbles church. They'll preach what your inching ears long to hear and leave those alone that understand being a follower of Christ was never an easy proposition. Plenty of churches that let you eat and keep your cake both, I'll bet aspen could recommend one. The broadway you so desire is a couple of doors down ---->>>
You just don't understand a word I say, do you, Rex? Love and bubbles and itching ears that long to hear what they want to hear and broadway that 'I so desire' are not accurate descriptions of me at all. I'm sorry that I appear to have come across that way to you. I don't know what else to say.

meshak said:
I spread Jesus' love messages to the world which most trinity churches are distorting and misrepresenting. I did this at religious forum and was told I am preachings.
Some of the Christian site owners are quite hard-line and their feathers can become quite ruffled if one doesn't toe the party line. For instance, some Christians don't agree with the writings of Paul ...they believe that his epistles to the Churches are contrary to the teaching of Jesus. And, they might (hopefully WILL) give their reasons for believing the way they do. On the other hand, some Churches are VERY 'Pauline' and would regard any criticisms of Paul (whether valid or not) to be an affront to God. So, criticize Paul and you're gone the way of the dodo. A hard-line Seventh-day Adventist whose desire is to promote the 7th-day Sabbath on a predominantly Sunday-worshipping Christian forum (thereby implying that all Sunday-worshippers are supporting a bogus 'sabbath' and are therefore associated with the Mark of the Beast) would possibly be banned also ...even though they might be scripturally justified for presenting this belief. After all, the 4th-command of the Big Ten DOES say to 'Remember' the Sabbath. Also, as you say, disbelief in the Trinity (even though this is not scriptural) might result in being banned if the point is pushed enough. One's beliefs and those that don't share those beliefs can result in much hostility.

It often comes back to if you don't believe MY interpretation of scriptures - even though YOUR interpretation might be just as valid as mine - then I don't want to hear it. In fact I'll either cover my ears and make a loud noise so that I can't hear you ...or, better yet, I'll ban you so that I won't have to listen to you. Also, banning you will mean that others on the forum won't be corrupted by your interpretation of the scriptures because THEY all agree with mine. Christian Fundamentalism can be and is very damaging because it frequently believes that if the God of the Bible appears to support MY belief and appears to reject YOUR belief then I can too, often in the nastiest manner. The next step is to actually condemn the person that doesn't agree with me. Horrible! Religiosity is not and never WAS of Jesus.

meshak said:
So your last comment is not appropriate.
What, that you chide others for their peaching to the world? If so, then why would you preach to Christians? That's okay, you don't need to respond. I don't want to make a thing of it.

Rex

Oct 17, 2012
Kingman AZ
KCKID said:
You just don't understand a word I say, do you, Rex? Love and bubbles and itching ears that long to hear what they want to hear and broadway that 'I so desire' are not accurate descriptions of me at all. I'm sorry that I appear to have come across that way to you. I don't know what else to say.
Here's the difference KID, you see I'm under no illusion about myself or God. I'm a man and I find it difficult to not have have sexual thoughts about women.
But here's what I don't do, I don't do down to the river at spring break and sit with a beer in my hand watching nearly naked women prance up and down the river. Nor do I go to night clubs to watch people do the booty bump or any number of other sexual enactments. It is offensive to the Spirit and I certainly don't then presume to call it non sinful or fun or acceptable behavior or something Jesus would do.

What ever your problem is with homosexuality it's not going to be resolved by saying its not wrong or a quenching of the Spirit.
I'm not perfect but I'm aware of who I am and I'm aware of God and His Spirit.
So Please feel free to admit that homosexuality is not holy behavior then maybe you can see what it is I see. All I see in you is a man in denial about the attributes of God.

KCKID

Feb 14, 2013
Rex said:
Here's the difference KID, you see I'm under no illusion about myself or God. I'm a man and I find it difficult to not have have sexual thoughts about women.
But here's what I don't do, I don't do down to the river at spring break and sit with a beer in my hand watching nearly naked women prance up and down the river. Nor do I go to night clubs to watch people do the booty bump or any number of other sexual enactments. It is offensive to the Spirit and I certainly don't then presume to call it non sinful or fun or acceptable behavior or something Jesus would do.

What ever your problem is with homosexuality it's not going to be resolved by saying its not wrong or a quenching of the Spirit.
I'm not perfect but I'm aware of who I am and I'm aware of God and His Spirit.
So Please feel free to admit that homosexuality is not holy behavior then maybe you can see what it is I see. All I see in you is a man in denial about the attributes of God.

Um ...where did I raise the topic of homosexuality? Isn't this a thread about clubbing and whether or not it's appropriate to support clubbing from a Christian perspective?

By the way, I've stated several times on this thread that I have no interest in night clubs, nor alcohol, nor smoking, nor the taking of drugs, etc. etc. In fact, I'm almost a candidate for the Monastery. :) So, why are you regarding me as someone that I'm not? Am I causing you to be a little uptight? Sure seems like it.

By the way, Jesus said that having sexual thoughts about women is tantamount to adultery. Thought that I'd throw that in ...just to be ornery . . . ;)

Another by the way, "I" don't have a problem with homosexuality ...YOU do, remember? I'm simply addressing your above post and have no intent to derail.

Rex

Oct 17, 2012
Kingman AZ
KCKID said:
Um ...where did I raise the topic of homosexuality? Isn't this a thread about clubbing and whether or not it's appropriate to support clubbing from a Christian perspective?

By the way, I've stated several times on this thread that I have no interest in night clubs, nor alcohol, nor smoking, nor the taking of drugs, etc. etc. In fact, I'm almost a candidate for the Monastery. :) So, why are you regarding me as someone that I'm not? Am I causing you to be a little uptight? Sure seems like it.

By the way, Jesus said that having sexual thoughts about women is tantamount to adultery. Thought that I'd throw that in ...just to be ornery . . . ;)
Oh please what kind of a cameleon game do you think your playing? LOL your not fooling anyone the first 96 of your first 100 post here were spent trying to convince everyone homosexuality is not a sin. I suspect the last 50 or so have been spent doing the same in the thread entitled Australia bans same sex marriage

Classic manipulator he can even be truthful about what he has said on this forum let alone be truthful before God.
You know that is what God really wants from people, to just come and be real about themselves, you should try it sometime, and the monastery thing, probably not a good idea unless your looking for underage boys to molest as well. But you'll be in good company about homosexuality not being a sin, because God never used the word homosexual in the bible LOL latter cameleon KID

KCKID said:
By the way, Jesus said that having
sexual thoughts about women is tantamount to adultery. Thought that I'd
throw that in ...just to be ornery . . .
;)
Wow your brutal, I do remember saying something to the effect of
Here's the difference KID, you see I'm under no illusion about myself or God.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
If believer's want to go clubbing for the purpose of having fun, that is their choice. The key here is "purpose." Clubbing is a secular form of entertainment and people go out clubbing mainly to party, drink alcohol and meet members of the opposite sex.

If you want to go out and have fun like the rest of the world does, that's fine but don't try to make out that it's an acceptable form of entertainment in God's eyes in general, because if it were, your Pastor would be organizing the young people to go out in bus loads to the clubs [as a form of entertainment] rather than Christian Youth camps...and no God led Church on the planet has ever done that yet [although there is still time <sigh>]

The thing is... that some Christian believer's have not let go of some of their worldy "oldman" pursuits [after they got saved] because they don't want to or because they have not been convicted of it yet...but they will be... :huh:

Ephesians 4
17 This I say, therefore, and testify in the Lord, that you should no longer walk as the rest of the Gentiles walk, in the futility of their mind, 18 having their understanding darkened, being alienated from the life of God, because of the ignorance that is in them, because of the blindness of their heart; 19 who, being past feeling, have given themselves over to lewdness, to work all uncleanness with greediness.
20 But you have not so learned Christ, 21 if indeed you have heard Him and have been taught by Him, as the truth is in Jesus: 22 that you put off, concerning your former conduct, the old man which grows corrupt according to the deceitful lusts, 23 and be renewed in the spirit of your mind, 24 and that you put on the new man which was created according to God, in true righteousness and holiness.

It is not a good witness and we are supposedly, representatives of Christ in the world.

Matthew 5:13
“You are the salt of the earth; but if the salt loses its flavor, how shall it be seasoned? It is then good for nothing but to be thrown out and trampled underfoot by men.

Matthew 5:16
Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven.

2 Corinthians 5
17 So if anyone is in Christ, there is a new creation: everything old has passed away; see, everything has become new! 18 All this is from God, who reconciled us to himself through Christ, and has given us the ministry of reconciliation; 19 that is, in Christ God was reconciling the world to himself, not counting their trespasses against them, and entrusting the message of reconciliation to us. 20 So we are ambassadors for Christ, since God is making his appeal through us; we entreat you on behalf of Christ, be reconciled to God.

Galatians 5
13 You, my brothers and sisters, were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the flesh; rather, serve one another humbly in love.

Blessings!

KCKID

Feb 14, 2013
Rex said:
Oh please what kind of a cameleon game do you think your playing? LOL your not fooling anyone the first 96 of your first 100 post here were spent trying to convince everyone homosexuality is not a sin. I suspect the last 50 or so have been spent doing the same in the thread entitled Australia bans same sex marriage
Rex, you're now ranting. I seem to have gotten under your skin. Do yourself a favor. Take a break from me.

Rex said:
Classic manipulator he can even be truthful about what he has said on this forum let alone be truthful before God.
You know that is what God really wants from people, to just come and be real about themselves, you should try it sometime, and the monastery thing, probably not a good idea unless your looking for underage boys to molest as well. But you'll be in good company about homosexuality not being a sin, because God never used the word homosexual in the bible LOL latter cameleon KID
????

Rex said:
I was just joshin' with ya, Rex. That's what the 'winking smiley' was for.

And, you said ..."Here's the difference KID, you see I'm under no illusion about myself and God." I'm not sure what that's supposed to mean ...that you can lust after women just as long as you're under no illusion about yourself and God, I guess. As you were. ;)

I'm just joshin' with ya again, Rex.

Stephen100

Dec 12, 2011
KCKID said:
To call someone a liar when they have lied is very Christian. Jesus had some strong words to say against such people.

KCKID said:

KCKID said:

You're clearly "Anti Bible." Are you another one of those liberals who distorts the scriptures and just cherry picks? You sound nothing like a Christian.

Rex said:

If he's trying to convince people that homosexuality is not a sin, then he's a wolf in sheep's clothing. People like this are very dangerous. Jesus said you will know a tree by its fruit, so don't be afraid to rebuke a wolf in the church. I once heard some years ago that atheists would go to church and pretend to be Christians, all for the purpose of causing problems, i.e trying to convince Christians that abortion, homosexuality, pornography, etc are not sinful. Beware of these wolves. They try to take other people to hell with them.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
This has been an interesting discussion indeed and I commend the O/Poster for bringing such a relevant topic to our attention. It is a shame however, that a few members have taken the opportunity [ not only on this thread] to argue about other personal offenses and issues that have nothing to do with the O/P.

I have asked members to keep to the O/P and it seems that it has been ignored - Topic locked.

BB

Status
Not open for further replies.