Christianity as a Closed System

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is that true?
Seems to me that trillions have gone to the afterlife hearing nothing about Jesus, or the Gospel.
Hold on. Would God be fair to judge someone who never heard about Jesus? He judges them based on what they know.
"For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of people who suppress the truth in unrighteousness, 19 because that which is known about God is evident within them; for God made it evident to them. 20 For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes, that is, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, being understood by what has been made, so that they are without excuse." Romans 1:18-20

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hold on.qould God be fair to judge someone who never heard about Jesus? He judges them based on what they know.
Is that correct…? God will Judge people based on what they know?

I know a lot of people believe it but don’t say it but you kind of just said the quiet part out loud…

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Hmm... I don't recall that one. Reference please. thanks

19Though I am free of obligation to anyone, I make myself a slave to everyone, to win as many as possible.
20To the Jews I became like a Jew, to win the Jews. To those under the law I became like one under the law (though I myself am not under the law), to win those under the law.
21To those without the law I became like one without the law (though I am not outside the law of God but am under the law of Christ), to win those without the law.
22To the weak I became weak, to win the weak. I have become all things to all people so that by all possible means I might save some.
23I do all this for the sake of the gospel, so that I may share in its blessings

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
He doesn't exclude you, you do
word
1 Cor 12:3 Therefore I make known to you that no one speaking by the Spirit of God says, “Jesus is accursed”; and no one can say, “Jesus is Lord,” except by the Holy Spirit.

And interesting thing about the above verse, is the all-inclusive aspect of it. "Jesus is Lord", whether people want to recognize it or not! The person preaching exclusiveness, is not actually preaching "Jesus Christ is Lord", but rather is saying that He is only their Lord and missing the meaning behind the verse. So they are not saying Jesus Christ is Lord, but only their Lord, thus they are saying Jesus Christ is accursed and not over all things! So they don't even know Him as their Lord, otherwise they would understand that He is over all things!! They are in fact involved in a vain thing
could you rephrase this pls ty

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Read what you wrote, didn't help.
If anyone is predestined for life, the rest are predestined for death.

Smart enough to consign some for life (for no apparent reason) and the rest for death (for no apparent reason).
imo whenever you encounter ppl preaching predestination, beware
ignore everyone there, even me, and come to your own conclusions
i say this bc the uber-prevalent cult of sol desire to become an immortal after one dies will color the interpretation
yes, some choose to overcome, and others choose to od on fentanyl
perhaps

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Don't need to. It is throughout Scripture. In Genesis. God chooses a special people to be his people. This is an exclusive categorization. In Exodus 20, who do the 10 Commandments apply to? Only to those who were delivered from the land of Egypt. What God's are they to put first in their life? Only that God, who rescued them from Egypt ... an only begotten son means there is no other son.

It is not that exclusivity and closed is not part of the Bible, it's that you are in denial of the concepts.
Wrangler, you are going to be so embarrassed, imo, when you discover that those concepts are transcendental, and might apply to Hindus, Buddhists, anyone. And it is only your exclusive interpretation of those universal principles that is causing that, wadr.
Do you think Muslims cannot be saved, too?
Then that is bc you have an interpretation of “saved” that may not comport with the Bible, imo

Who do the ten commandments apply to? Well, half of them came from Hammurabi, the king of Babylon…
shall i continue

Reactions: stunnedbygrace

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Misguided?
As in, "I got mine, to hell with everyone else." ???
Yeah…similar to when people find a wonderful place to live near a bay and buy a new house in a subdivision there and then immediately begin to sign petitions to block builders from building any more houses there or any more stores or fast food places from going in and other people from coming to live there.

• Love
Reactions: St. SteVen

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
man, im sure i used to search it that way too, "when in Rome," but now i get led to Acts 22, which isnt it
ill recall a phrase eventually, but its basically Paul exhorting believers to do as the locals do, and use locals' speech, etc, in order to "win them over" i think it is...dang, still not searching lol
Oh…that he becomes all things for all men if he might win some? Is that it?
edit: never mind I see you found it in post #67.

Last edited:

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wrangler, you are going to be so embarrassed, imo, when you discover that those concepts are transcendental, and might apply to Hindus, Buddhists, anyone. And it is only your exclusive interpretation of those universal principles that is causing that, wadr.
Do you think Muslims cannot be saved, too?
Then that is bc you have an interpretation of “saved” that may not comport with the Bible, imo

Who do the ten commandments apply to? Well, half of them came from Hammurabi, the king of Babylon…
shall i continue
This is very good! But I don’t understand the last paragraph.
To use your earlier words, zing, huh?