Christianity Board Maintenance Tonight (05/13)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Folks, we're going to be doing some work on the website tonight that will require us to temporarily put a halt to all posting and registration.During this time, we'll be updating the forums here to the latest and greatest software versions. On top of this, we'll be tweaking the site. This includes a brand new design that we are working on. The hope is to finish with a design that will be fast-loading and centered around the forum content.Total downtime will be a few hours. I'll go ahead and say that we may be down for a twelve hour window although I certainly do not expect it to last that long.This all will begin at 6PM EDT, here in a few hours. In the meantime, I'll be happy to answer any questions.I hope you all like what we have in store.

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, the upgrade was successful. We still have to restore a few of the features, but we went ahead and launched the site so you all can get back to posting. Hope you like it!

tim_from_pa

Jul 11, 2007
Yes, I like the color scheme better. I realize that you once said that blue was a common color background on many web pages. However, I always thought it was a little "too blue" and dark. It kinda strained the eyes of this aging crony.
biggrin.gif

RaddSpencer

Mar 28, 2008
Fatal error: ... (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in ...Sweet, its running Linux too. I love Linux
biggrin.gif

RaddSpencer

Mar 28, 2008
(Denver;49262)
Where did you see that at, Radd?
There was an error message when I tried to log into the website earlier this morning.That is just part of it. Something about an error via php etc...

tim_from_pa

Jul 11, 2007
Soon, very soon, I'm going to try Knoppix live DVD. Recently, I changed my CD burner for a DVD player/burner so I could run it, but I've been very busy lately and stopped short of actually trying it out yet before I was done reading the book. If I like it, then I will permanently install Knoppix. I had limited experience with Linux before (in classes and where I used to work) and I'm getting a little suspicious of Microsoft. I may want to go all Linux a few short years from now as XP dies out---- I don't want to go any further with Microsoft.It will be interesting to see what adjustments I will have to make to get the thing compatible with everything else.

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well I'm running Vista and XP myself...if you can get away from Windows do it. I would in a heartbeat if it weren't for compatibility. Virtualization has helped that, and it continues to improve, but just this past week I was going to go Fedora but a couple programs prevented me from doing so. As far as servers go, it's nothing but Linux for me.

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks Radd, by the way.If you come across error messages, please copy and paste them here. For example, our registration system stopped working because of a change with the new software. However, anyone who tried to sign up would obviously fail...yet you think anyone let me know? Of course not.

tim_from_pa

Jul 11, 2007
(Denver;49400)
Well I'm running Vista and XP myself...if you can get away from Windows do it. I would in a heartbeat if it weren't for compatibility. Virtualization has helped that, and it continues to improve, but just this past week I was going to go Fedora but a couple programs prevented me from doing so. As far as servers go, it's nothing but Linux for me.
Denver---- Why not go dual boot? That's what I intend to do. An old crony like me basically uses the computer for Internet research, directions and forums, and check my emails once in awhile. And that much I know that Linux can easily handle. But for the certain programs that you may use once in while use the Windows, unless you use them a lot while doing other things (multitasking) then dual boot may be a pain.Case in point---- I been using Mozilla for a few years now and love it. But there's always those sites that kiss up to Microsoft's browser and it works best with them, so for those few times I use IE. As for servers, yes, I can see your point there. Wasn't the whole Internet based on Unix/Linux whatever?

treeoflife

Apr 30, 2008
Ah... newly upgraded... It's nice. I just have to remember to use dark colors and not light colors when I go to highlight text
tongue.gif

David161099

Nov 19, 2007
Hmmm...maybe there is something wrong with mine because it all looks hideous.The white background is harder on the eyes, but the font is all weird.It's much harder to read.

Lookin4wardtoHeaven

Jul 17, 2007
((( Denver))), I thought I was on the wrong site at first . Now that I know, I am trying to get used to the new look. I like what I see so far. God :blessyou: