Christianity vs America and the world

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
JimParker said:
So follow your own advice and quit being a greedy lover of money, sell your computer, your cell phone, your car, your house, your furniture, your TVs, your appliances, your toys, etc., repent from being an envier of the rich and go preach the gospel in word and deed like st. Francis of Assisi or Mother Theresa. (MORE of those damn KATH-licks you despise.)
But doesn't computers and cars help spread the Word?

JimParker

Mar 31, 2015
Las Vegas, NV
ATP said:
But doesn't computers and cars help spread the Word?
Sell everything you have; give the money to the poor, follow Jesus.

Most of the poor of the world do not have computers, or clean water, or a toilet, or shoes, or enough to eat, ....

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
JimParker said:
Sell everything you have; give the money to the poor, follow Jesus.

Most of the poor of the world do not have computers, or clean water, or a toilet, or shoes, or enough to eat, ....
But if I sold everything I had, wouldn't I be like the poor. I don't think Jesus is saying for us to live poor.

JimParker

Mar 31, 2015
Las Vegas, NV
ATP said:
But if I sold everything I had, wouldn't I be like the poor. I don't think Jesus is saying for us to live poor.
I was responding to what whoever (?) said that it was what Jesus told all rich people to do.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
DOJ777, you are correct that the Ten Commandments are upheld by Jesus, as well as the rest of the N.T. I have repeatedly challenged our misguided brethren here who claim that the Ten Commandments no longer apply to Christians to publicly state that we may freely break them, from the first one to the last one.

So far, these gutless wonders have chosen to refrain from making such a public proclamation, while we who oppose their false doctrine have from the beginning boldly proclaimed from the Scriptures God's requirement that His Ten Eternal Commandments "stand fast forever and ever". The Sabbath, as well as the other nine commandments, are only burdensome to them who do not love God or the children of God (1 John 5:2-3 KJV).