Christians are the true Jews!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

John839

Sep 9, 2023
Earth
Faith
Christian
Country
Austria
Romans 2:28-29
For he is not a Jew who is one outwardly, nor is circumcision that which is outward in the flesh. But he is a Jew who is one inwardly; and circumcision is of the heart, by the Spirit, not by the letter; and his praise is not from people, but from God.
A true Jew is not one who is ethnically descended from Abraham, a true Jew is one who is spiritually descended from Abraham. For truly, there are two bodies that a person has, the fleshly body and the spiritual body. God is not interested in the origin of the fleshly body. God is only interested in the origin of the spiritual body (Philippians 3:3). What does being spiritually descended from Abraham mean? Jesus gives us the answer in John 8:39, where he explains to the ethnic Jews who reject him that they are not descendants of Abraham unless they do the works of Abraham. So you are not a descendant of Abraham until you do the works of Abraham. So what did Abraham do? James 2:23 gives us the answer: Abraham believed God. So Jesus meant that to imitate Abraham's works is to follow God, and whoever does this is truly a descendant of Abraham. But who is God? God is Jesus Christ (John 20:28). So to follow God is to follow Jesus. Whoever follows Jesus (whether Gentiles or ethnic Jews) is a true descendant of Abraham and inherits the promises of Abraham, this is also confirmed by Galatians 3:28-29 and 4:31.

Do you understand? A true descendant of Abraham, a true Jew, is a Christian. Christianity is the true Judaism. The prophets of the Old Testament were all Christians. For to be a Christian is to follow Jesus, and the prophets of the OT followed Yahweh, who is Jesus Himself.

The ethnic Jews who reject Jesus, (which is the majority, because only a few ethnic Jews have accepted Jesus (Romans 9:27)), are not true Jews because they reject Jesus. Jesus called these ethnic Jews children of the devil (John 8:44) who belong to the synagogue of Satan (Rev 2:9).

Moreover, the word "Jew" means "praise Yahweh!". Those who praise Yahweh are the Christians! They are the holy chosen people of God (1 Peter 2:9).

Thank you for reading this far. This knowledge was given to me by Jesus Christ. All praise is due to Him.

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Don't try to judge God's chosen people ==count the cost!!!
  • Romans 11:25-30 All Israel Will Be Saved 25 I do not want you to be ignorant of this mystery, brothers and sisters, so that you may not be conceited: Israel has experienced a hardening in part until the full number of the Gentiles has come in, 26 and in this way all Israel will be saved.

Reactions: marks

John839

Sep 9, 2023
Earth
Faith
Christian
Country
Austria
  • Romans 11:25-30 All Israel Will Be Saved 25 I do not want you to be ignorant of this mystery, brothers and sisters, so that you may not be conceited: Israel has experienced a hardening in part until the full number of the Gentiles has come in, 26 and in this way all Israel will be saved.
How can you believe that all Jews will be saved if not all have believed?

Chapter 11 of Romans should not be understood literally. Otherwise, you will truly come to absurdities.

Paul was a follower of fulfillment theology (others call it replacement theology). He believed that the Jews have lost the kingdom of God, because Jesus also taught this in Matthew 21:43. The true Jews, according to Paul, are the Christians (Galatians 3:29).

The ethnic Jews are not the holy people of God because they do not believe. There are very few who follow Jesus, but that is only a fraction of Israel (Rom 9:27).

Truly, Paul's words are sometimes very bizarre and contradictory at first glance, so one must be very careful. To really confirm a teaching, at least two different chapters should be taken from the OT and two from the NT, in total four. Dispensationalists always take only Romans 11 to prove that carnal Israel is still God's people. This is very weak.

Romans 11 does not teach that ethnic Jews are still God's people. I must admit at first glance it seems that way, but first glance can be deceiving and in this case it is deceiving because it contradicts the context of the Bible.

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

John839

Sep 9, 2023
Earth
Faith
Christian
Country
Austria
What is also contradictory, for example, is Romans 11:11, where Paul says that salvation came to the Gentiles through the fall of Israel. What does he mean by this? Is he saying that Gentiles would otherwise be lost if the Jews had not crucified Jesus? If we follow this interpretation, then we encounter a clear contradiction. Because according to the Bible, Gentiles can convert to Judaism. In fact, even in Jesus' family tree there are converted Gentiles like Rahab and Ruth. In the Old Testament, there is even a call from God to the Gentiles to join Judaism.

It was indeed possible for a Gentile to convert to Judaism. Thus, it was possible for Gentiles to be saved before Jesus.

So did Paul wrongly believe that Gentiles cannot convert? Never. That means the passage is misinterpreted.

Peter said that the wicked will misunderstand Paul's words because they are too difficult to understand. Peter meant the dispensationalists who misuse Paul's words to justify their Zionism. Paul called the Zionists dogs in Philippians 3:2 and explains in context that it is not the flesh that counts but the Spirit. The Zionists pay attention to the flesh because they honor carnal Israel.

Not only the dispensationalists, but also the charismatics misuse Paul's words. Speaking in tongues in the Bible was speaking foreign languages. But the charismatics think that it means some meaningless talk that only God understands. Anyone who speaks in tongues is for sure mentally ill and not a Christian.

Truly, the Zionists and the charismatics are both totally misguided. The curse of God is on them.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romans 11 does not teach that ethnic Jews are still God's people. I must admit at first glance it seems that way, but first glance can be deceiving and in this case it is deceiving because it contradicts the context of the Bible.
This is just one of many places where God assures that Israel will remain, the ethnic nation from ancient times. The absurdity is if you don't believe Him when He gives His promise.

Jeremiah 31:35-37 KJV
35) Thus saith the LORD, which giveth the sun for a light by day, and the ordinances of the moon and of the stars for a light by night, which divideth the sea when the waves thereof roar; The LORD of hosts is his name:
36) If those ordinances depart from before me, saith the LORD, then the seed of Israel also shall cease from being a nation before me for ever.
37) Thus saith the LORD; If heaven above can be measured, and the foundations of the earth searched out beneath, I will also cast off all the seed of Israel for all that they have done, saith the LORD.

Much love!

John839

Sep 9, 2023
Earth
Faith
Christian
Country
Austria
Abraham was a Gentile.
_
This is absolutely wrong. Abraham was the first Jew.

He was the first to whom God gave the Jewish promises. The promise of the land, the people and the blessing. The Jews are the ones who inherit it from Abraham. The line of promise continues through Isaac and then to Jacob. Thus, the second Jew was Isaac and the third Jew was Jacob.

John839

Sep 9, 2023
Earth
Faith
Christian
Country
Austria
This is just one of many places where God assures that Israel will remain, the ethnic nation from ancient times. The absurdity is if you don't believe Him when He gives His promise.

35) Thus saith the LORD, which giveth the sun for a light by day, and the ordinances of the moon and of the stars for a light by night, which divideth the sea when the waves thereof roar; The LORD of hosts is his name:
36) If those ordinances depart from before me, saith the LORD, then the seed of Israel also shall cease from being a nation before me for ever.
37) Thus saith the LORD; If heaven above can be measured, and the foundations of the earth searched out beneath, I will also cast off all the seed of Israel for all that they have done, saith the LORD.

Much love!
Please consider the context. Jeremiah 31:31 makes it clear that it is talking about the spiritual Israel, the Christians.

The New Covenant is the covenant of Christ (Luke 22:20). Only Christians are in Christ's covenant and they inherit the promises (Galatians 3:29).

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Please consider the context. Jeremiah 31:31 makes it clear that it is talking about the spiritual Israel, the Christians.

The New Covenant is the covenant of Christ (Luke 22:20). Only Christians are in Christ's covenant and they inherit the promises (Galatians 3:29).
I pay attention to what is said here.

This is the nation of Israel, as it was understood in Jeremiah's day.

For what reason would they be cast off? They remain a nation before God today. The seed of Israel. It was not the church that this promise was made to, it was the children of Jacob, Israel.

Jeremiah 31:31 KJV
Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:

Ezekiel 39:25-29 KJV
25) Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD; Now will I bring again the captivity of Jacob, and have mercy upon the whole house of Israel, and will be jealous for my holy name;
26) After that they have borne their shame, and all their trespasses whereby they have trespassed against me, when they dwelt safely in their land, and none made them afraid.
27) When I have brought them again from the people, and gathered them out of their enemies' lands, and am sanctified in them in the sight of many nations;
28) Then shall they know that I am the LORD their God, which caused them to be led into captivity among the heathen: but I have gathered them unto their own land, and have left none of them any more there.
29) Neither will I hide my face any more from them: for I have poured out my spirit upon the house of Israel, saith the Lord GOD.

There are many many passages like this . . .

Much love!

John839

Sep 9, 2023
Earth
Faith
Christian
Country
Austria
I pay attention to what is said here.

This is the nation of Israel, as it was understood in Jeremiah's day.

For what reason would they be cast off? They remain a nation before God today. The seed of Israel. It was not the church that this promise was made to, it was the children of Jacob, Israel.
Christian scholars confirm that Jeremiah 31 is about the spiritual Israel, that is the church:
Kretzmann's Popular Commentary of the Bible
The entire passage is evidently figurative, the purpose being to set forth the increase and the glory of the New Testament Church, especially in its final perfection. It is proper that this description of Jehovah's Church should form the conclusion of the prophecy concerning the restoration of the Lord's people, since it includes both the redemption through the Messiah and the establishment of the holy Christian Church in its beginning here on earth and in its glorification in heaven.
Henry's Complete Commentary on the Bible
with the house of Israel and Judah, with the gospel church, the Israel of God on which peace shall be (Galatians 6:16), with the spiritual seed of believing Abraham and praying Jacob.
Benson's Commentary of the Old and New Testament
Israel and Judah stand here for the true people or church of God, especially the gospel church.
Romans 9:6-8 clearly states that the true Israel is not the fleshly descendants but the spiritual ones. The spiritual descendants are the Christians.
Ezekiel 39:25-29 KJV
25) Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD; Now will I bring again the captivity of Jacob, and have mercy upon the whole house of Israel, and will be jealous for my holy name;
26) After that they have borne their shame, and all their trespasses whereby they have trespassed against me, when they dwelt safely in their land, and none made them afraid.
27) When I have brought them again from the people, and gathered them out of their enemies' lands, and am sanctified in them in the sight of many nations;
28) Then shall they know that I am the LORD their God, which caused them to be led into captivity among the heathen: but I have gathered them unto their own land, and have left none of them any more there.
29) Neither will I hide my face any more from them: for I have poured out my spirit upon the house of Israel, saith the Lord GOD.
This passage refers to the return of the Jews after Babylonian exile. That time has long since passed. The Jews, however, broke the covenant once and for all, which is why they were driven out again by the Romans. Jesus declared that carnal Israel had finally lost their relationship with God (Matthew 21:43).

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is absolutely wrong. Abraham was the first Jew.

He was the first to whom God gave the Jewish promises. The promise of the land, the people and the blessing. The Jews are the ones who inherit it from Abraham. The line of promise continues through Isaac and then to Jacob. Thus, the second Jew was Isaac and the third Jew was Jacob.
How could God give Abraham Jewish promises if there were no Jews yet?

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christian scholars confirm that Jeremiah 31 is about the spiritual Israel, that is the church:
Don't let a commentary tell you to disbelieve God's promise. The passage is plain. But there are many who do not believe it.

Much love!

Reactions: lforrest

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romans 9:6-8 clearly states that the true Israel is not the fleshly descendants but the spiritual ones. The spiritual descendants are the Christians.
That's not what it says. Would you like to look at it together?

Please post the particular verses which say this, and highlight where it's said, and we can talk about it.

Romans 9 teaches is that not all of Abraham's children are counted, only those of the child of promise. And not all of Isaac's children are counted, but only those of election. And not all of Jacob's children are counted, but those who believe.

This is not saying that since Ishmael is not counted as Abraham's seed, that we can include others who were not born of Abraham. And it's not saying that since Esau is not counted as Isaac's seed, that we can go out and gather in some who were not born of Isaac.

This passage is not adding to those who are called Israel, it's taking away, first, those not born from Abraham by promise (Ishmael is taken away), secondly, those not born from God's choosing (Esau is taken away), thirdly, those who do not believe (unbelieving Jews are taken away).

Romans 9:6-8 KJV
6) Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel:
7) Neither, because they are the seed of Abraham, are they all children: but, In Isaac shall thy seed be called.
8) That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed.

This is a passage which limits, not expands, who is called Israel.

Much love!

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Those tat try to deny the truth of God's Word fall into great error and allow satan to use them===BELIEVE THE WORD OF GOD===

Reactions: marks

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This passage refers to the return of the Jews after Babylonian exile. That time has long since passed. The Jews, however, broke the covenant once and for all, which is why they were driven out again by the Romans. Jesus declared that carnal Israel had finally lost their relationship with God (Matthew 21:43).

The time frame for this promise is not the Babylonian captivity, it's as long as the sun and moon rise and set. So did the sun rise today? Yes it did. Is Israel (the nation Jeremiah knew) still a nation before God? Yes.

Did Israel do something that God would cast them off? Have you measured the universe with a ruler? Been to see the core of the earth? No? Then neither did God cast off Israel, the nation that Jeremiah prophesied to.

Much love!

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A true Jew is not one who is ethnically descended from Abraham, a true Jew is one who is spiritually descended from Abraham. For truly, there are two bodies that a person has, the fleshly body and the spiritual body. God is not interested in the origin of the fleshly body. God is only interested in the origin of the spiritual body (Philippians 3:3). What does being spiritually descended from Abraham mean? Jesus gives us the answer in John 8:39, where he explains to the ethnic Jews who reject him that they are not descendants of Abraham unless they do the works of Abraham. So you are not a descendant of Abraham until you do the works of Abraham. So what did Abraham do? James 2:23 gives us the answer: Abraham believed God. So Jesus meant that to imitate Abraham's works is to follow God, and whoever does this is truly a descendant of Abraham. But who is God? God is Jesus Christ (John 20:28). So to follow God is to follow Jesus. Whoever follows Jesus (whether Gentiles or ethnic Jews) is a true descendant of Abraham and inherits the promises of Abraham, this is also confirmed by Galatians 3:28-29 and 4:31.

Do you understand? A true descendant of Abraham, a true Jew, is a Christian. Christianity is the true Judaism. The prophets of the Old Testament were all Christians. For to be a Christian is to follow Jesus, and the prophets of the OT followed Yahweh, who is Jesus Himself.

The ethnic Jews who reject Jesus, (which is the majority, because only a few ethnic Jews have accepted Jesus (Romans 9:27)), are not true Jews because they reject Jesus. Jesus called these ethnic Jews children of the devil (John 8:44) who belong to the synagogue of Satan (Rev 2:9).

Moreover, the word "Jew" means "praise Yahweh!". Those who praise Yahweh are the Christians! They are the holy chosen people of God (1 Peter 2:9).

Thank you for reading this far. This knowledge was given to me by Jesus Christ. All praise is due to Him.
Are you also a member of Christogenea forum?

John839

Sep 9, 2023
Earth
Faith
Christian
Country
Austria

The time frame for this promise is not the Babylonian captivity, it's as long as the sun and moon rise and set. So did the sun rise today? Yes it did. Is Israel (the nation Jeremiah knew) still a nation before God? Yes.

Did Israel do something that God would cast them off? Have you measured the universe with a ruler? Been to see the core of the earth? No? Then neither did God cast off Israel, the nation that Jeremiah prophesied to.

Much love!
Are you kidding me? The answer of mine, to which you responded, was to Ezekiel 39:25-29 and not to Jeremiah 31.

Are you trying to twist things here?