Christians are the true Jews!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus is a Jew as are the God inspired writters of the Bible.

You can contradict the rest of scripture, up to you. But scripture clearly states that the differences that can be and once were considered an issue, no longer are.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you kidding me? The answer of mine, to which you responded, was to Ezekiel 39:25-29 and not to Jeremiah 31.

Are you trying to twist things here?
Sorry! No, I'm not someone to twist things. Jeremiah on the brain . . .

OK. Ezekiel,

This passage refers to the return of the Jews after Babylonian exile. That time has long since passed. The Jews, however, broke the covenant once and for all, which is why they were driven out again by the Romans. Jesus declared that carnal Israel had finally lost their relationship with God (Matthew 21:43).
Ezekiel 39:25-29 KJV
25) Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD; Now will I bring again the captivity of Jacob, and have mercy upon the whole house of Israel, and will be jealous for my holy name;
26) After that they have borne their shame, and all their trespasses whereby they have trespassed against me, when they dwelt safely in their land, and none made them afraid.
27) When I have brought them again from the people, and gathered them out of their enemies' lands, and am sanctified in them in the sight of many nations;
28) Then shall they know that I am the LORD their God, which caused them to be led into captivity among the heathen: but I have gathered them unto their own land, and have left none of them any more there.
29) Neither will I hide my face any more from them: for I have poured out my spirit upon the house of Israel, saith the Lord GOD.

While there is much I could point to in disagreement with you, this one part is sufficient. It has not been yet fulfilled.

Ezekiel 36:33-38 KJV
33) Thus saith the Lord GOD; In the day that I shall have cleansed you from all your iniquities I will also cause you to dwell in the cities, and the wastes shall be builded.
34) And the desolate land shall be tilled, whereas it lay desolate in the sight of all that passed by.
35) And they shall say, This land that was desolate is become like the garden of Eden; and the waste and desolate and ruined cities are become fenced, and are inhabited.
36) Then the heathen that are left round about you shall know that I the LORD build the ruined places, and plant that that was desolate: I the LORD have spoken it, and I will do it.
37) Thus saith the Lord GOD; I will yet for this be enquired of by the house of Israel, to do it for them; I will increase them with men like a flock.
38) As the holy flock, as the flock of Jerusalem in her solemn feasts; so shall the waste cities be filled with flocks of men: and they shall know that I am the LORD.

This will be fulfilled.

Much love!

John839

Sep 9, 2023
Earth
Faith
Christian
Country
Austria
28) Then shall they know that I am the LORD their God, which caused them to be led into captivity among the heathen: but I have gathered them unto their own land, and have left none of them any more there.
29) Neither will I hide my face any more from them: for I have poured out my spirit upon the house of Israel, saith the Lord GOD.

While there is much I could point to in disagreement with you, this one part is sufficient. It has not been yet fulfilled.
It was fulfilled in the return after the Babylonian exile. Ezra 2:70 confirms that all Israel returned.

Albert Barnes, a well-known scholar, says to Ezra 2:70:
All Israel - That the Israelites of the ten tribes returned to Palestine with Zerubbabel is apparent:
(1) from 1 Chronicles 9:3;

(2) from the enumeration of twelve chiefs (Nehemiah 7:7; 1 Esd. 5:8); and

(3) from various expressions in Ezra Ezr 2:2, Ezra 2:59; Ezra 3:1.
Enough now. You were refuted at Jeremiah 31 and now you have been refuted at Ezekiel 39. But your heart is hardened. You cannot and will not accept the truth. Too bad. You love carnal Israel, so may you suffer the same fate as carnal Israel. May you go the way of those you honor.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But your heart is hardened. You cannot and will not accept the truth.
Well, you've just disqualified yourself.

Is that your standard response to disagreement, just spew what's in your heart? But that's how it works. That's how we know what is in another's heart, by what comes from their mouth. Or in this case keystrokes. You even have opprotunity to rethink before posting.

Or is the point to just run others off your thread by the way you speak? No matter how you cut it, very poor showing of Christianity.

Much love!

Last edited:

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ezekiel 36:24-28 KJV
24) For I will take you from among the heathen, and gather you out of all countries, and will bring you into your own land.
25) Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you.
26) A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.
27) And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.
28) And ye shall dwell in the land that I gave to your fathers; and ye shall be my people, and I will be your God.

This has not been fulfilled.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Isaiah 59:20-21 KJV
20) And the Redeemer shall come to Zion, and unto them that turn from transgression in Jacob, saith the LORD.
21) As for me, this is my covenant with them, saith the LORD; My spirit that is upon thee, and my words which I have put in thy mouth, shall not depart out of thy mouth, nor out of the mouth of thy seed, nor out of the mouth of thy seed's seed, saith the LORD, from henceforth and for ever.

Not yet . . .

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Joel 3:1-2 KJV
1) For, behold, in those days, and in that time, when I shall bring again the captivity of Judah and Jerusalem,
2) I will also gather all nations, and will bring them down into the valley of Jehoshaphat, and will plead with them there for my people and for my heritage Israel, whom they have scattered among the nations, and parted my land.

The choice is to either believe these prophecies or not. Have you decided God is done with Israel? Cast them off? Then you will have to figure out how these passages can be true without actually being true. The historical way has been to decide that when God said Israel, that what He REALLY meant was . . . someone else. It's just disbelief. Commentaries aside. There were many commentators who made the same error, thinking God was done with Israel because they couldn't see the nation returning to their homeland.

Well, surprise!

Much love!

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God's love for His chosen people the Jews is eternal.
The twelve gates in Revelation 21 belong to the New Jerusalem, which comes down from heaven to the new earth (verse 10), shining with the glory of God (verse 11). John describes the city: “It had a great, high wall with twelve gates, and with twelve angels at the gates. On the gates were written the names of the twelve tribes of Israel”
The gates of the New Jerusalem are inscribed with the names of the twelve tribes of Israel. Israel was chosen by God to be a light to all nations (Isaiah 49:5–7; Romans 9:23–25), and God will never revoke Israel’s status as His chosen people (see Romans 11:29). The New Jerusalem thus contains a tribute to the patriarchs of Israel. It also contains a tribute to the apostles (Revelation 21:14), so both Old Testament and New Testament are represented in the city—the New Jerusalem is filled with the elect of God from all eras.

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am a member of Christianity.
I am a son of the scholars.
I am a son of Apostle Paul.
I do not follow my own mind.
I follow the mind of God.
Is that a yes?
You are a member here. How about at Christogenea?
Christianity for the thinking Christian.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Don't try to judge God's chosen people ==count the cost!!!
  • Romans 11:25-30 All Israel Will Be Saved 25 I do not want you to be ignorant of this mystery, brothers and sisters, so that you may not be conceited: Israel has experienced a hardening in part until the full number of the Gentiles has come in, 26 and in this way all Israel will be saved.

There is indeed a great mystery to understand in what you have posted.

Why did Paul say "all Israel" (would be saved) rather than "all the children of Jacob?"

It is because all the children of Jacob will not all "be saved"...and yet it would seem that all the children of Jacob are all the same children of Israel. But they are here [notably] not. What then is the difference? The difference and the mystery, is that God has distinguished between the unsaved and the saved by name in changing Jacob's name to Israel.

What change?

Salvation.

Meaning...that only the saved of God are saved. Therefore, Paul also said, "there is neither Jew or Greek...etc.", for that is not what causes one to be saved.

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Born-again believers are "spiritual" Jews but know God has eternal love for physical Jews too.

Webers_Home

Apr 12, 2012
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A Hebrew word for "Jew" doesn't show up in the Bible until 2Kings 16:6

The word is a derivative of Judah's name; Jacob's third son by his wife Leah.

It was thru Judah that Messiah would come into the world. (Gen 49:8-10)
_

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A true Jew is not one who is ethnically descended from Abraham, a true Jew is one who is spiritually descended from Abraham. For truly, there are two bodies that a person has, the fleshly body and the spiritual body. God is not interested in the origin of the fleshly body. God is only interested in the origin of the spiritual body (Philippians 3:3). What does being spiritually descended from Abraham mean? Jesus gives us the answer in John 8:39, where he explains to the ethnic Jews who reject him that they are not descendants of Abraham unless they do the works of Abraham. So you are not a descendant of Abraham until you do the works of Abraham. So what did Abraham do? James 2:23 gives us the answer: Abraham believed God. So Jesus meant that to imitate Abraham's works is to follow God, and whoever does this is truly a descendant of Abraham. But who is God? God is Jesus Christ (John 20:28). So to follow God is to follow Jesus. Whoever follows Jesus (whether Gentiles or ethnic Jews) is a true descendant of Abraham and inherits the promises of Abraham, this is also confirmed by Galatians 3:28-29 and 4:31.

Do you understand? A true descendant of Abraham, a true Jew, is a Christian. Christianity is the true Judaism. The prophets of the Old Testament were all Christians. For to be a Christian is to follow Jesus, and the prophets of the OT followed Yahweh, who is Jesus Himself.

The ethnic Jews who reject Jesus, (which is the majority, because only a few ethnic Jews have accepted Jesus (Romans 9:27)), are not true Jews because they reject Jesus. Jesus called these ethnic Jews children of the devil (John 8:44) who belong to the synagogue of Satan (Rev 2:9).

Moreover, the word "Jew" means "praise Yahweh!". Those who praise Yahweh are the Christians! They are the holy chosen people of God (1 Peter 2:9).

Thank you for reading this far. This knowledge was given to me by Jesus Christ. All praise is due to Him.
Your explanation misses a piece of critical information. What you say would be true if Paul was talking about people in general but he is not. The topic of his argument comes from two explicit statements: 1) "But if you bear the name "Jew" (vs 17) and 2) For indeed circumcision is of value if you practice the law . . . (vs 25) Our understanding of 2:28-29 is informed by the two given provisos.

Thus, the scope of his statement is limited to those who bear the name "Jew" and also practice the law. Regarding this specific category of people, a Jew is one inwardly etc.

He would never say to a Gentile, for instance, that circumcision is of value. As he says, it only has value if you practice the law and only those under the law are obligated to practice the law.

Does God circumcise the hearts of Gentiles? Certainly. The Holy Spirit circumcises the hearts of Jews and Gentiles alike. But Paul is not suggesting that we should refer to a "heart-circumcised Gentile" as a Jew.

Webers_Home

Apr 12, 2012
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Born-again believers are "spiritual" Jews

Abraham's seed per Gal 3:29 are neither Jews nor Gentiles; they are in fact an
entirely new human race. (Eph 2:15)

Paul instructed his listeners to make the new race a reality in their lives. (Eph 4:24)
_

Last edited: