Christmas-Easter Lutherans

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I own two homes in which I let family live in the other. My old neighbors Mike and Angie are Lutheran but I have never seen them go to church. We had a Lutheran sister drive by Mike and Angie's and then stopped by to give my dad some kind of present and an invitation to church, which will start regular services again in May. I commented that I did not know Mike and Angie were Lutheran. My dad commented that they were "Christmas-Easter Lutheran" in which you may see them in church a few times in a year.

Christmas-Easter Lutherans.... Normally professional type good people who you don't see in church a whole lot.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey rockytopva, heard something about christmas and easter are the two biggest holidays that brings in the most people into a church, which only happens to be twice a year.

What do you think about that?

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey rockytopva, heard something about christmas and easter are the two biggest holidays that brings in the most people into a church, which only happens to be twice a year.

What do you think about that?

I know these people as good people and I have been to that church and like the sanctuary and the way they do communion (which is a lot more than those tiny wafer/grape juice packs). It is surprising that they do not attend church more often. A whole lot of Americans I believe are that way.

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, Rockytopva.... I am sure you've been around long enough ro know my thoughts on Easter and Christmas, but thats not really the point.

Its about not being 100% all the time. And yes, alot of Americans are that way but so are a lot of non Americans. I suppose its not even about attending Church, which I believe is ultra important.

Its about Jesus being in the forefront of your mind always... 24/7! Now even that is an impossible task. There are times I think about my job, cycling, beer, food, pretty girls (other than my wife... Yeah... I said it!) And a bunch of other stuff!

So despite my views on Easter and Christmas... If you only are caring twice a year... Why even bother? Are you doing God a favor? As if he needs it?