Christmas Isn't Over

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

sdcougar

Mar 17, 2010
South Dakota
Saw this Peanuts cartoon where Lucy whines that for three months she has been counting the weeks till Christmas and for one month she has been counting the days till Christmas and for one day she has been counting the hours till Christmas. Then she screams, "AND NOW IT'S ALL OVER!"

Too bad she did not know about the 12 days of Christmas.

"Epiphany is the climax of the Advent/Christmas Season and the Twelve Days of Christmas, which are usually counted from the evening of December 25th until the morning of January 6th, which is the Twelfth Day. In following this older custom of counting the days beginning at sundown, the evening of January 5th is the Twelfth Night."

http://www.crivoice.org/cyepiph.html

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks sdcougar... My family basically celebrates Christmas for seven days between Christmas eve and New Years eve. I love taking nieces and nephews to Pigeon Forge, TN and catching all the drama the week after Christmas!

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I hear Passion and Resurrection songs all year in Church and on the radio, so why not songs/hymns/chants etc. on the Incarnation?