Christmas Times a Comin' !!!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My granny would actually clog to this...

t7707.gif
Can't walk fer running! Christmas times a coming! Who-Hoo!

tim_from_pa

Jul 11, 2007
Being into "time" (a Gnomonist), I loved the regulator clock over the fireplace at 1:30 into the clip. I have a few clocks I collected, some work, although I don't repair them. I'm more into sundials. Kind of like being a family practice doctor is not the same as a dentist, but the disciplines cross and I know the theory behind "clock time".

The thing about Christmas is the very thing ancient cultures celebrates about it: the birth of the sun. Practically speaking, I miss the sun this time of the year (it's a good time for a "vertical" sundial, though :lol: ). The sun is so low and the days are short. In the summer, I strip off my shirt, with nothing on and work an hour or two in the sun very often. I don't have to take vitamin D3 that day. Right now, the sun is too low and not powerful enough to have the body manufacture vitamin D3 which is why people are often more sick in the winter time. The two most important ingredients the body can't get enough of is cholesterol and sunlight. Those two prevent illness, heart disease, cancer, etc etc.