Church sans Tribulation

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
We understand the prophecy in the light of fulfillment. No gap between Daniel's 69th and 70th week shows Christ cause the sacrifice to cease by offering him self on the cross. In the time of the Roman Empire.

Thanks, David.

I see that this verse differently in that it is referring to the Little Horn in the first instance in that the little horn is the prince who is to come with an army to decimate and desolate Jerusalem in the previous verse 26b, or to Satan, as Satan is the one who make desolate and is the one who is punished at the end of the verse. If we also look at the Hebrew in this verse, it is my understanding that the verse could be translated as, "The insolent one, וְהִגְבִּ֥יר, will make a solemn Covenant, בְּרִ֛ית with many, לָרַבִּ֖ים, for one week, שָׁב֣וּעַ אֶחָ֑ד".

It is also my view that Christ did not come to change or make a new salvation covenant with the nations/people of the earth, but rather came to change the process through which the Salvation covenant would operate from the time that He died on the cross.

It is my view that Christ's purpose during the First Advent, was to refresh or make like new again the original Salvation Covenant with all of mankind as promised in verse 24b.

Shalom.

D

Dave L

Thanks, David.

I see that this verse differently in that it is referring to the Little Horn in the first instance in that the little horn is the prince who is to come with an army to decimate and desolate Jerusalem in the previous verse 26b, or to Satan, as Satan is the one who make desolate and is the one who is punished at the end of the verse. If we also look at the Hebrew in this verse, it is my understanding that the verse could be translated as, "The insolent one, וְהִגְבִּ֥יר, will make a solemn Covenant, בְּרִ֛ית with many, לָרַבִּ֖ים, for one week, שָׁב֣וּעַ אֶחָ֑ד".

It is also my view that Christ did not come to change or make a new salvation covenant with the nations/people of the earth, but rather came to change the process through which the Salvation covenant would operate from the time that He died on the cross.

It is my view that Christ's purpose during the First Advent, was to refresh or make like new again the original Salvation Covenant with all of mankind as promised in verse 24b.

Shalom.
If we break it into little bites, Jesus fulfilled the middle 70th week on the cross as scheduled. The little horn as I recall was the Antichrist John and Paul (man of sin) spoke of. And he appeared first as Nero and then as the Papacy who wore out the saints of the most high. Luther and Calvin expected Islam to hold the office too.