Churches set ablaze in Canada

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm mixed in feeling about this and simply reporting for those of us that were unaware:

At least 9 Canadian churches set ablaze amid indigenous anger over residential schools

At least nine Catholic and Anglican churches across Canada have gone up in flames amid a backlash over the country's use of church-run residential schools to forcibly assimilate indigenous children from the late 19th century until the 1970s.

The majority of the church fires occurred on indigenous First Nations land. The recent discoveries of hundreds of unmarked graves at former residential schools within the last month appear to have made churches a target.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
From what I have been reading, the US residential schools were no hair better.
I haven't seen that on the news yet. I grew up going to an Indian school here in Washington state on the reservation. That was in the 70's and nothing abnormal there that I remember. But it wasn't Catholic.

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I'm mixed in feeling about this and simply reporting for those of us that were unaware:

At least 9 Canadian churches set ablaze amid indigenous anger over residential schools

At least nine Catholic and Anglican churches across Canada have gone up in flames amid a backlash over the country's use of church-run residential schools to forcibly assimilate indigenous children from the late 19th century until the 1970s.

The majority of the church fires occurred on indigenous First Nations land. The recent discoveries of hundreds of unmarked graves at former residential schools within the last month appear to have made churches a target.

Your heading caught my eye and when I found out what it was about, I was wishing that the item was for another reason why the churches were on fire as in tongues as of fire.

Reactions: dev553344