Clay and Butter

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As clay and butter are placed in the sun and the one melts while the other hardens, so too the same grace of God that melts the heart of the repentant sinner will harden the heart of them who stubbornly refuse to repent. Neither the Sun nor the Lord are to blame - but the material upon which they act.
I think there is wisdom here, for God’s grace falls equally on both the righteous and unrighteous…..

Many blessings as we grow into Him, Not me

Reactions: Phoneman777

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Different words are used that are all translated "hardened", so it's harder to see what it's saying in these chapters. I think it's worth anyone's while to read through these with some study helps to let you know which word you are looking at.

To me it reads like, Pharoah made his heart hard, and God made his heart stone, something like that. Like in John, maybe 8, or 10, the Pharisees, "they did not believe", and a few verses later, "they could not believe". Or Thessalonians 2, first, they did not receive the love for the truth, then, given over to strong delusion to believe the lie and be condemned.

Much love!
Interesting point...although I still say God never forces anyone to do or be anything. How can we be so sure? Jesus.

"He that hath seen Me hath seen the Father. How sayest thou then, Show us the Father? Believest thou not that I am in the Father and the Father in Me?"

Jesus never compelled anyone to feel one way or another - by His character and His arguments alone did He either draw or repel.
I can be sure by the saying of Scripture. Exodus, concerning Pharaoh, 2 Thessalonians, Romans 1, all speak of those whom God has hardened, given over, deluded that they would be condemned. In fact there are and will be those whom God has judged to condemnation even while alive in this world.

Much love!
Honest scholars know there's two ways to consider how God hardened Pharaoh's heart - by His "word" or by His "nature".

If by His word, then, the verse lends support to the idea that God predestines the fate of each one of us.
If by His nature, then the verse is no proof at all for this.

We need only look to Jesus to answer the question: did Jesus ever force anyone to do or feel anything?

Reactions: Cassandra

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God judges, and some are condemned. Plain and simple.

Much love!
Did Jesus ever force anyone to do or to feel a certain way? Then why would you think THIS SAME JESUS WHO IS THE GOD OF THE OLD TESTAMENT would force Pharaoh to feel a certain way? Just asking.

Reactions: Cassandra

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did Jesus ever force anyone to do or to feel a certain way? Then why would you think THIS SAME JESUS WHO IS THE GOD OF THE OLD TESTAMENT would force Pharaoh to feel a certain way? Just asking.
Asked and answered.

Much love!