Cloud of witnesses - and the blessing God gives us!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Karl Peters - What is wrong with you? Why do you deny the truth? Why do you belittle me and my testimony? No. Do not bother to answer as I just know it will be negative.

What is wrong with me? and "Why do I deny the truth?

Jesus Christ is the truth, not you!! Your saying you know Him but failing to actually listen to Him shows up in what you post, and futhermore it shows up when I listen to Jesus Christ "The Truth"

When I pointed out in the OP that there is a cloud of witnesses and we will be part of that some day you responded by writing:

"it doesn't say the cloud of witnesses can see us. Just that they surround us."

Which of course makes no sense, because for some to be a "witness", they have to be able to "witness" what they are seeing. Therefore you conclusion is 'nonsense', and not from the truth!!

You did not get that comment from Him! So you did not listen to Him!! That does not mean you have never heard from Him but you didn't hear from Him then! So where did that comment, which was wrong come from?

What you fail to understand is that we 'including you' all have battles with the dark forces of this world! I understand it, because I understand about the battle going on in all of us! Yet pride gets in our way of seeing that. Therefore I understand we need to keep turning by to Jesus Christ our Lord, and listen to Him!! That message is the message He has me bring, but people don't want to receive it. Which is why you wrote above "Do not bother to answer as I just know it will be negative."

So one pointing us to Jesus Christ and getting us to listen to Him should never be consider a negative thing!!! But it is considered "negative" if we don't want to listen to Him!! And His people have always tended to not want to listen to Him!! Do you understand this??

It applies to both you, me, and every other person!! I understand it, but do you?? If you don't understand it, then you will tend to seek glory from other people instead of our Lord alone!! And that is what we tend to do, and is what we saw in this thread.

Pearl, you don't get it. God talks to Karl, but not to either of us. We both need to go back and sit down.

Ah right, so he is one of those. No probs. Thanks for the info.

We both look to God @Karl Peters - so you are a bit wrong there. And guess what? He speaks to us because we are His. Which is absolutely wonderful. To be the beloved child of Almighty God and able to call Jesus our brother.

In the above quotes we find a number of wrong conclusions, and they all come from thinking that someone telling us to listen to Him is a negative thing, and they are also very common thinking cause by the wrong spirit, those dark forces, that we battle with. So they are not the truth!

First, Cassandra thinks that I believe God talks to me but not them. And Pearl agrees with that, but both are completely wrong. In fact, if the really knew me they would find out how incredibly wrong they are, because I not only believe that they hear from Him, but that every one who is anyone hears from Him!! I am totally and completely convinced of it!! I absolutely believe they both hear from Him!! The problem is not that we people (all people!!) don't hear from Him, but rather that we people (all people) don't want to listen to Him!! That includes me, Cassandra, Peral, and everyone one else!!

It is why Jesus had John write for Him:

REv 3:19 -22 ‘Those whom I love, I reprove and discipline; therefore be zealous and repent.
‘Behold, I stand at the door and knock; if anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and will dine with him, and he with Me.
‘He who overcomes, I will grant to him to sit down with Me on My throne, as I also overcame and sat down with My Father on His throne.
‘He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches.’”

It is not that He is not talking so that they/we can hear Him, but rather that we don't want to listen, so we don't want that reproof and discipline so as to repent of our ways and turn to Him and let Him in so we can talk back and forth with Him who is the Truth!!

Oh to be sure, we want to say we know Him, and say we once heard from Him, but we don't overcome those dark forces who try to keep all of us from using our spiritual ear and actually hear what the Spirit is trying to say to us!!

And that friends, shows up when we say we are of the Truth, but say things like witnesses can not see to witness, and that me and my friend can hear but other can't! So we wind up being 'elites', 'Pharisees', and just plain religious people, as opposed to actually seeking the Lord so that indeed one day we will be part of that cloud of witnesses, and we believe it because we actually did hear Him tell us that, like I testified to in the OP.

So Pearl writes "Why do you belittle me and my testimony?" -- What testimony??? I didn't find where you actually testified to something God said to you! Do you mean you testimony that you have heard from Him? Oh, I fully believe that! That is not the issue! The issue is that you did not hear from Him when you thought the cloud of witnesses can not see, resulting in their not being able to witness. Also your agreeing with Casandra's totally wrong conclusion that I think I can hear but you two can't, shows clearly that you did not listen to the Truth, Jesus Christ, who is standing at the door so that "anyone", as in everyone, is hearing from Him so the question is about who opens the door not whether they can hear, but whether they are hearing?

And I also understand that you don't want the reproof, and that is the reason you don't open up to Him. I get it. I also sometimes don't want the reproof that I don't always listen to Him either, but that is what we need to hear from Him!!! So it is written:

Heb 3:7 Therefore, just as the Holy Spirit says,
“TODAY IF YOU HEAR HIS VOICE,

and

Heb 3:10 “THEREFORE I WAS ANGRY WITH THIS GENERATION,
AND SAID, ‘THEY ALWAYS GO ASTRAY IN THEIR HEART,
AND THEY DID NOT KNOW MY WAYS’;

and

Heb 3:13 But encourage one another day after day, as long as it is still called “Today,” so that none of you will be hardened by the deceitfulness of sin.

The OP was meant to encourage people, and especially those Christians posting on this Christian site, to actually turn to Him and let Him into their lives TODAY, so it was an actual testimony to what He told me that day and He told me to post it. Yet some do not want to think about the cloud of witnesses seeing them. Yet if you want that you will listen to Him Today and then be part of that cloud someday! The fact you heard someday in the past is not you hearing Today! Accept that, and you will turn back to Him. It is not me who is denying the Truth, like Pearl concluded in her judgmental question to me: "Why do you deny the truth? - but again, as you judge so shall you be judged! Pearl, you are denying the Truth, like you want to judge me. He is there to talk to Today, And I fully believe you can hear Him and open up to Him, but you have to want the reproof that comes with being a disciple of His!

So turn to Him and He won't tell me to keep writing! He wants you to know His ways - meaning we need to actually listen Today!

And me writing that should not be considered a negative thing to you!! We all need to hear it!

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
People - everyone:

We all need to listen to the Lord more!! That means we all don't listen to Him as much as we should. That is what sin really is, because all unrighteousness is sin, and the only way to know what the right thing to do at all times is to listen to Him who alone knows what the right thing to do is.

So I had just finished a post and was in the kitchen when He told me to go back and post this information.

Now I am not the Word of God, but I am Karl and you are you. But each of us can seek Him and listen to Him and try to do what He tells us to do or not listen to Him and instead lean on our own understanding (the wrong thing to do)!

And lets be honest with ourselves! We spend most of our time leaning on our own understanding, so we are not the Word of God, but we can still listen and do what He asks sometimes, right? And the more the better, right?

Try doing that Today and any day called Today, and He is Understanding. That is one of His names. He will reckon you to be righteous just because you try and turn to Him and listen Today!

Gen 15:6,7 And He took him outside and said, “Now look toward the heavens, and count the stars, if you are able to count them.” And He said to him, “So shall your descendants be.”
Then he believed in the LORD; and He reckoned it to him as righteousness.

Do we not understand that we hear the Lord, believe it is Him, and that is reckoned to us as righteousness.
And we are doing that Today, right?

Reactions: Ziggy