COALS OF FIRE

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have often been bothered by this verse
Romans 12:20 " To the contrary, "if your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him something to drink; for by so doing you will heap burning coals on his head.

I read a commentary by Dave Guzik on this verse, and I love his thoughts:

"Is the heaping coals of fire on his head something good in the eyes of our enemy or is it something bad? It most likely refers to a “burning conviction” that our kindness places on our enemy. Or, some think it refers to the practice of lending coals from a fire to help a neighbor start their own – an appreciated act of kindness.

Nevertheless, we see that we can destroy our enemy by making him our friend."

Thoughts?

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Romans 12:20 " To the contrary, "if your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him something to drink; for by so doing you will heap burning coals on his head.

"Is the heaping coals of fire on his head something good in the eyes of our enemy or is it something bad? It most likely refers to a “burning conviction” that our kindness places on our enemy. Or, some think it refers to the practice of lending coals from a fire to help a neighbor start their own – an appreciated act of kindness.

Thoughts?
Love is a burning fire.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Thoughts?
When Jesus returns it'll be in flaming fire with all his angels.
Revelation 6:12-17 tell us the wicked will perceive it as wrath. Thats what the devil has done in their heads. Thats what the devil did in the heads of those who murdered Jesus. His kindness to all was seen as a threat.......but now, when he is seen coming on the clouds, death is preferable; they call for the rocks and the mountains to fall on them.

This same fire draws his people to him.....both the living and the dead.