Day of Retribution

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Romans 1:18-20 Divine Retribution will be seen by all, falling from heaven on all the impiety and wickedness of men and women who deny the truth. 1 Samuel 2:10
For all that can be known about God lies plain before their eyes. His invisible power and divine nature are knowable to any reasonable mind, so all are without excuse and their conduct is indefensible. Hebrews 11:6

Romans 1:21-32 These ungodly people know that there must be a Creator, but they refuse to acknowledge or give thanks to Him. So now, their thinking has become futile and their misguided minds are plunged into darkness. They claim to be wise, but they have just made fools of themselves. Psalms 14:1-3
Therefore God has given them over to all kinds of perversions and idolatries, while actually knowing God’s righteous decree that those who behave like this deserve to die, but they continue in their depravity and approve of the same conduct in others. Job 22:12-13

Romans 2:5-11 God’s kindness and patience is allowing us time to come to repentance, but if people refuse His gift of salvation, then on the Day of Retribution, all will be justly judged according to their deeds. His wrath awaits those who are governed by selfish ambition, who refuse obedience to the truth and who take evil for their guide. Isaiah 2:12, Isaiah 29:19-21, Isaiah 65:11-12
To both the Israelites and Gentiles who pursue glory, honour and immortality by living a righteous life, God will reward them with eternal life. Hosea 2:19 God has no favourites.

2 Thessalonians 1:6-10 It is just that God should pay back those godless peoples and give the righteous relief. This will happen when [the power of] the Lord Jesus is seen in the sky in a blazing fire, punishment will fall upon all who do not obey the gospel and they will suffer the penalty of eternal destruction, separated from His presence. Isaiah 59:18
On that great Day, Jesus will come and reveal His glory amongst all believers in Him.
Only revealed to His believers. Jeremiah 31:2-3, Revelation 14:1

Hebrews 10:26-27 For those who deliberately persist in sin while knowing the truth, there remains only the terrifying expectation of God’s judgement, of a fierce fire that will consume His enemies. Habakkuk 3:12, Malachi 4:1

2 Peter 3:7 & 10 On that Day, the Lord will come as a thief, the sky will disappear with a great roar and the earth will be devastated by fire. Zephaniah 3:8, Isaiah 34:2-4, Isaiah 66:15-17, Revelation 6:14, Jeremiah 30:23-24
Reference: REB. Some verses abridged and paraphrased.

None of these Bible quotes fit with or refer to the Return of Jesus in His glory, seen by all mankind, at the commencement of His Millennium reign. Revelation 19:11, Zechariah 14:3-4
It is an event before that, where the Lord makes ‘fire fall from heaven’, His great Day of Retribution against His enemies’. It is the Lord’s Day of vengeance and wrath, the next prophesied event that we can expect. It is a terrible punishment by fire, that will punish the ungodly, a massive explosion of the suns surface, which will firstly devastate the Middle East, but also dramatically affect the whole world. Psalms 83, Micah 4:1
It will be the forthcoming Sixth Seal worldwide disaster, which will commence all the end time Prophesies.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

Hebrews 11:6​

6 And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him. NIV

@Keraz Which version did you use?
For all that can be known about God lies plain before their eyes. His invisible power and divine nature are knowable to any reasonable mind, so all are without excuse and their conduct is indefensible. Hebrews 11:6

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
@Keraz Which version did you use?

That quote is, of course; Romans 1:19-20. I put in Hebrews 11:6 as another supporting verse.

I use as my main source, the Revised English Bible 1987 Oxford Press.
It is the version most used by the Wickliffe translators. An accurate and modern; complete re-translation from hundreds of ancient docos.
See my website.

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Luke 17:29-30 On the day that Sodom was destroyed, fire and sulphur rained upon them and killed them all. It will be like that again when the Son of Man is revealed. Amos 4:11-12
Matthew 24:37-42 As it was in the days of Noah, so will it be when the Son of Man comes. In the days before the flood, they ate, drank and married until the day that Noah entered the ark, they knew nothing until the flood came and swept them all away. That is how it will be again when the Son of Man comes. In His vengeance and wrath, not in His glory.
Genesis 9:11-14 My covenant to never again destroy all living creatures by a flood is confirmed by the sign of the rainbow.
Deuteronomy 32:22 & 34-35 I have sealed in My storehouse, ready for the Day of punishment and vengeance, a fire that will be set ablaze by My anger. It will envelope the world in flames, burning to the depths of the earth. Jeremiah 50:25
Psalm 110:1-6....I shall make Your enemies Your footstool....In glorious majesty, You judge the nations, shattering the wicked throughout the world.

Isaiah 24:18-23 On that Day, the Lord will punish in heaven the host of heaven and on earth the leaders of the nations are caught and punished. The sun and moon will be darkened, for the glory of the Lord will be in Jerusalem and is revealed to the elders of His people.
2 Peter 3:5-7 & 10....the world before Noah was destroyed by a great flood. Now, by God’s Word the present heavens and earth are reserved for burning, kept for the Day of judgement when the godless will be destroyed. That Day will come unexpectedly, the sky will dissipate with a great noise and the earth will be enveloped in flames. All its inhabitants will be tested.
Isaiah 66:1-6 My people are oppressed and afflicted and evil people displease Me, they say: Let the Lord come, we do not believe in Him. Therefore, the noise you can hear is the Lord dealing retribution to His foes. Romans 1:18, Hebrews 10:27
Matthew 24:40-44 There will be two men in a field, one will be taken the other left, two women at the mill, one will be taken, the other left. Keep awake, therefore for the Lord will come unexpectedly.
Isaiah 63:1-6 The Lord comes from the godless nations, in His power and majesty, He tramples them in His fury, their blood spills out and splashes His garments.

At the Return He comes in blood splashed garments. As Almighty God, Revelation 16:14
2 Thessalonians 1:6-10...the Day the Lord Jesus is revealed from heaven in flaming fire….He will reveal His glory among all believers. Revelation 14:1
What we can understand from the above Bible passages, is that the Day of the Lord, when the Son of Man takes action, is not Jesus’ Return as the King of Kings, for the Millennium reign. At the Return: ‘all will see Him’, not as in this Lord’s Day of vengeance and wrath, where He is not seen: Psalms 18:11, Luke 3:17, but ‘His glory will be revealed to all believers’. 2 Thessalonians 1:10
God promised to ‘never again flood the earth’, but He has ‘stored up a fire that will envelope the earth in flames’, a worldwide judgement/punishment, vividly described by all the prophets.
This terrible fire and devastation will come upon the world unexpectedly, ‘While they are saying: All is peaceful, all secure, then destruction is upon them’. 1 Thess. 5:3 Huge numbers will be killed by the fire, earthquakes and the resulting famines afterward. Jeremiah 9:22, Isaiah 34:1-8, Ezekiel 30:2-5
The Lord is not seen on that Day, but His people are saved and protected, [not raptured] Isaiah 30:26b, Isaiah 43:2, Zechariah 9:5-16
Then, as in Ezekiel 20:33-38...by My outpoured wrath, [The Day of wrath] I shall bring you out of the nations and gather you back to Israel. The Lord is: ‘Waiting to show you His favour’, and to bless His true believing people as they fulfill the promises to the Patriarchs and their destiny: ‘to be a light to the nations’. Isaiah 49:8, Matthew 5:4-16