Col 2:1-23

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

B

brakelite

kjw47 said:
Christians do as Christ did and does--Jesus serves his Father as God--so do his followers. John 20:17, rev 3:12---- why is it so hard for one to believe Jesus over men?

Trinity translations erred at John 1:1---- In the beginning the word was, and the word was with-HO THEOS- and the word was Theos---this is correct.

You see the word is not being called THE GOD---just god( small g) ---an a belongs in the last line of John 1:1---many translations in history had it there. Subtle errors to mislead one into believing the Catholicism council made up trinity.
I know KJW is no longer with us, but for anyone else who is interested.....

και in the αρχη beginning ην was ο the λογος word και and ο the λογος word ην was προς τον with θ εον God κα ι and θεος God ην wa s ο the λογος word.
clark thompson said:
Colossians 2:16
King James Version (KJV)

[SIZE=small]16 [/SIZE]Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:

[SIZE=28pt]An American English Bible[/SIZE] With Old Testament based on the Greek Septuagint

[SIZE=8pt]16[/SIZE] So, don’t let anyone judge you when it comes to [what you] eat or drink, or over your views of the festivals, such as the New Moons or Sabbaths;

[SIZE=medium]These are my thoughts.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]We all will be found guilty under the law but we will be judged by if we have Jesus or not.[/SIZE]
Let us not get confused over the Sabbaths. The Sabbaths mentioned above were not the weekly Sabbaths, but the yearly or annual feast days of thge Jewish religious calender. This can be seen by the context and the following verse which says, "which are shadows...etc". The weekly Sabbath was not nor is it a shadow of anything to come, buyt rather always was a celebration or memorial first of creation and after Israel's deliverance from Egypt, also a celebration of deliverance. The early church never stopped observing the weekly Sabbath.

Feb 12, 2013
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Colossians 2:18King James Version (KJV)
[SIZE=small]18 [/SIZE]Let no man beguile you of your reward in a voluntary humility and worshipping of angels, intruding into those things which he hath not seen, vainly puffed up by his fleshly mind,
[SIZE=28pt]An American English Bible [/SIZE]With Old Testament based on the Greek Septuagint

[SIZE=8pt]18[/SIZE] And don’t allow anyone to steal your prize by suggesting some lowly form of bowing to the angels and by making strong claims of things that he has seen. For, [this man has become] overly impressed with something he just imagined in the flesh,

These are my thoughts.
There are those who put on act of serving the Lord but let us truly serve Him and have no act involved.

shturt678

Feb 9, 2013
South Point, Hawaii (Big Island)
Thank you folks for caring!

Only because I've went around and around and around with others regarding Col.2:18 long ago, ie, ol' memories, and my lower paygrade renditon with a conclusion.

Col.2:18, "Let no one deny you the prize..." being the 2nd half of Paul's warning. So also the 1st imperative is geneal: "Let nobody whatever judge you," ie, do you disregard anybody who arrogates to himself the right in any way to dictate to you about eating, etc. The 2nd imperative is special: the self-appointed judge may approve or condemn, the self-appointed referee or judge in a contest is described as doing only the latter to the Colossians: "let no one deny you the prize" in such a way as is here stated by the modifiers. My end point:

This is that dangerous, morbid piety, which was fought so strenuously by Mr. Luther, which despises the robust Christian life of living the gospel in daily labor: the workman in his trade, the housewife in tending her home and her children (Lk.3:10-14).

Old Jack's opinion

Reactions: clark thompson
Feb 12, 2013
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Colossians 2:19King James Version (KJV)
19 And not holding the Head, from which all the body by joints and bands having nourishment ministered, and knit together, increaseth with the increase of God.

American English Bible

19 and he’s not hanging onto the head… he who holds the whole body together with its joints and ligaments, so that it keeps growing with the [type of] growth that comes from God.

These are my thoughts.
True increase comes from God.

Feb 12, 2013
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Colossians 2:20King James Version (KJV)
[SIZE=small]20 [/SIZE]Wherefore if ye be dead with Christ from the rudiments of the world, why, as though living in the world, are ye subject to ordinances,
An American English Bible With Old Testament based on the Greek Septuagint

[SIZE=8pt]20[/SIZE] So, if you’ve already died to the base things of this world along with the Anointed One; then, why do you (as though you’re still living in this world) put yourself under such laws as,

[SIZE=medium]We should be focused on the world as much as we are with God; we are free from the world.[/SIZE]

Feb 12, 2013
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mark 2:21King James Version (KJV)
[SIZE=small]21 [/SIZE]No man also seweth a piece of new cloth on an old garment: else the new piece that filled it up taketh away from the old, and the rent is made worse.

[SIZE=large]American English Bible[/SIZE]

[SIZE=large]21 ‘don’t feel it,’ ‘don’t taste it,’ or ‘don’t touch it’ …[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]There are things the Lord does not want us to do, He knows best.[/SIZE]

shturt678s

Apr 16, 2014
clark thompson said:
Mark 2:21King James Version (KJV)
[SIZE=small]21 [/SIZE]No man also seweth a piece of new cloth on an old garment: else the new piece that filled it up taketh away from the old, and the rent is made worse.

[SIZE=large]21 ‘don’t feel it,’ ‘don’t taste it,’ or ‘don’t touch it’ …[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]There are things the Lord does not want us to do, He knows best.[/SIZE]
Thank you for caring!

Possibly also not combining the new with the old...covenant wise

Old Jack's opinion

Feb 12, 2013
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Colossians 2:22King James Version (KJV)
[SIZE=small]22 [/SIZE]Which all are to perish with the using;) after the commandments and doctrines of men?

[SIZE=8pt]22[/SIZE] especially when it comes to things that are just going to be consumed? Why, these are the commands and teachings of men!

[SIZE=medium]We need to worry about God’s commands, which are eternal, before we worry about mans commandments, which will pass.[/SIZE]

shturt678s

Apr 16, 2014
clark thompson said:
Colossians 2:22King James Version (KJV)
[SIZE=small]22 [/SIZE]Which all are to perish with the using;) after the commandments and doctrines of men?

[SIZE=8pt]22[/SIZE] especially when it comes to things that are just going to be consumed? Why, these are the commands and teachings of men!

[SIZE=medium]We need to worry about God’s commands, which are eternal, before we worry about mans commandments, which will pass.[/SIZE]
Thank you again for really caring!

Col.2:22...we do need to be concerned with the summation of all Commandments in the Greatest Commandment in Deut.6:4, 5 & Matt.22:37, etc.

These earthly, material things with which the decrees of the Judaizers deal are by their very nature intended "for perishing by being used up."

Old Jack

Feb 12, 2013
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Colossians 2:23King James Version (KJV)
[SIZE=small]23 [/SIZE]Which things have indeed a shew of wisdom in will worship, and humility, and neglecting of the body: not in any honour to the satisfying of the flesh.

[SIZE=8pt]23[/SIZE] And although choosing such a form of worship may sound wise, with all its humility and mistreatment of the body; it has no value when it comes to satisfying fleshly needs!

[SIZE=medium]There will be tells to those who just go thru the motions of faith.[/SIZE]