Col 3 weekly devotion

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Feb 12, 2013
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
[SIZE=10pt]Colossians 3:17

KJV 17 And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him.
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=28pt]An American English Bible[/SIZE]

[SIZE=large]With Old Testament based on the Greek Septuagint[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]17[/SIZE] And no matter what you're saying or doing; do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, thanking God (the Father) through him.

[SIZE=10pt]These are my thoughts.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]We are to live a life as Jesus would, to the glory of the Lord.[/SIZE]

Feb 12, 2013
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Colossians 3:18 King James Version (KJV)

18 Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as it is fit in the Lord.

An American English Bible

With Old Testament based on the Greek Septuagint

18 Women; Always obey your men, since this is proper [for those who are] in the Lord.

These are my thoughts.

Many women have a problem with this but it what the Lord wants, what the Lord wants is best even when it goes against what we want.

Axehead

May 9, 2012
clark thompson said:
Colossians 3:18 King James Version (KJV)

18 Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as it is fit in the Lord.

18 Women; Always obey your men, since this is proper [for those who are] in the Lord.

These are my thoughts.

Many women have a problem with this but it what the Lord wants, what the Lord wants is best even when it goes against what we want.
That verse is for women, and not for men to hold over them. Here are our (men) verses and we should concentrate on them.

1 Peter 3:7
Likewise, ye husbands, dwell with them according to knowledge, giving honour unto the wife, as unto the weaker vessel, and as being heirs together of the grace of life; that your prayers be not hindered.

Husbands, love your wives, and be not bitter against them. Col. 3:19

Many men have a problem with this, but it is what the Lord wants, too. Your wives will find it much easier to respect you if you love them.

Feb 12, 2013
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Axehead said:
That verse is for women, and not for men to hold over them. Here are our (men) verses and we should concentrate on them.

1 Peter 3:7
Likewise, ye husbands, dwell with them according to knowledge, giving honour unto the wife, as unto the weaker vessel, and as being heirs together of the grace of life; that your prayers be not hindered.

Husbands, love your wives, and be not bitter against them. Col. 3:19

Many men have a problem with this, but it is what the Lord wants, too. Your wives will find it much easier to respect you if you love them.
I teach men and women both this passage is just for women, I never anything about men.

Feb 12, 2013
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
[SIZE=large]Colossians 3:19 King James Version (KJV)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=small]19 [/SIZE][SIZE=medium]Husbands, love your wives, and be not bitter against them.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=28pt]An American English Bible[/SIZE]

[SIZE=large]With Old Testament based on the Greek Septuagint[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]19[/SIZE] Men; Love your women and don’t be bitterly angry with them.

[SIZE=medium]These are my thoughts.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]Men need to show compassion to their wives, Christ set the example with His bride the church.[/SIZE]

Axehead

May 9, 2012
"Men, love your women"?
Col 3:19 Husbands, love your wives...

Husbands, love your wives is much more personal and accurate and is more in line with "as Christ loved the Church", since He is the Bridegroom and the Church is the Bride (wife).

"Don't be bitterly angry with them"?

We are not to be angry with them at all. American English Bible makes is sound like we can be angry with them, just not "bitterly" angry with them.

Col 3:19 Husbands, love your wives, and be not bitter against them.

Feb 12, 2013
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
[SIZE=large]Colossians 3:20 King James Version (KJV)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=small]20 [/SIZE][SIZE=medium]Children, obey your parents in all things: for this is well pleasing unto the Lord.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=28pt]American English Bible[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]20[/SIZE] Children; Obey your parents in everything, because this is pleasing to the Lord.

[SIZE=medium]These are my thoughts.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]As long as it does go against what the Lord says children should obey their parents.[/SIZE]

Feb 12, 2013
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Colossians 3:21 King James Version (KJV)

21 Fathers, provoke not your children to anger, lest they be discouraged.

21 Fathers; Don’t [demand too much of] your children, so they don’t become discouraged.

These are my thoughts.

Parents should try to bring their children upright but not in a way that makes them remain angry with their parents years later.

Feb 12, 2013
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Colossians 3:22 King James Version (KJV)

22 Servants, obey in all things your masters according to the flesh; not with eyeservice, as menpleasers; but in singleness of heart, fearing God;

22 Slaves; Obey those who are your fleshly masters in everything. Don’t just put on a good show to please men, but [do everything] sincerely and from the heart, in the fear of the Lord

These are my thoughts.

We need to work hard because we represent the Lord.

Feb 12, 2013
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Colossians 3:23

KJV 23 And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men;

2 Yes, think about the things that are from above and are no part of this world,

These are my thoughts.

We need to realize we represent the Lord when we work and give our all for Him as we do things.

Feb 12, 2013
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Colossians 3:24 King James Version (KJV)

24 Knowing that of the Lord ye shall receive the reward of the inheritance: for ye serve the Lord Christ.

24 And because you know that you’ll get the reward of the inheritance from the Lord, slave for the Lord (the Anointed One)!

These are my thoughts.

With serving the Lord there is rewards.

7angels

Aug 13, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
to me this verse tells me that if i want the sonship that comes from being in Christ that i need to work hard for the Lord. the rewards are all an incentive for sonship in Christ. :)

Feb 12, 2013
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Colossians 3:25 King James Version (KJV)

25 But he that doeth wrong shall receive for the wrong which he hath done: and there is no respect of persons.

25 Because, the unrighteous will be [judged] impartially for the unrighteous things that they're doing.

These are my thoughts.

The Lord shows no favoritism but He does give forgiveness to anyone who accepts Him.