Col 3 weekly devotion

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Feb 12, 2013
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Colossians 3:1King James Version (KJV)
3 If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.

[SIZE=large]American English Bible[/SIZE]

[SIZE=8pt]1[/SIZE] So, if you’ve been raised with the Anointed One, search for the things that are up above… at the right hand of God, where the Anointed One is sitting.

[SIZE=medium]These are my thoughts.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]We should be doing things of righteousness and not things of the flesh.[/SIZE]

Feb 12, 2013
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
[SIZE=large]Colossians 3:2King James Version (KJV)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=small]2 [/SIZE][SIZE=medium]Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=28pt]American English Bible[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]2[/SIZE] Yes, think about the things that are above us and not part of this system of things;

[SIZE=medium]We should be laying our riches up in heaven and not on earth.[/SIZE]

Feb 12, 2013
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
[SIZE=medium]Colossians 3:3King James Version (KJV)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]3 [/SIZE]For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.
[SIZE=medium] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]American English Bible[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]3[/SIZE] because, you've already died and your life has been hidden away in the Anointed One and in God.

[SIZE=10pt]These are my thoughts.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]Without Christ we are dead but by Him we are made alive.[/SIZE]

Feb 12, 2013
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
[SIZE=large]Colossians 3:4King James Version (KJV)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]4 [/SIZE]When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory.

[SIZE=medium]4[/SIZE] Then, when the Anointed One (who is our life) reveals himself, you will also be seen with him in glory.

[SIZE=medium]Glory is in our Lord Jesus not a place, but Him a person.[/SIZE]

Feb 12, 2013
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
[SIZE=large]Colossians 3:5King James Version (KJV)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]5 [/SIZE]Mortify therefore your members which are upon the earth; fornication, uncleanness, inordinate affection, evil concupiscence, and covetousness, which is idolatry:

[SIZE=28pt]An American English Bible[/SIZE]

[SIZE=18pt]With Old Testament based on the Greek Septuagint[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]5[/SIZE] Therefore, deaden those earthly [body parts] to sexually immorality, uncleanness, passions, desires for bad things and greediness (which is idolatry).

[SIZE=medium]We should do whatever we need to do to remove sin from ourselves, apart from doing more sin.[/SIZE]

Feb 12, 2013
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
[SIZE=large]Colossians 3:6King James Version (KJV)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]6 [/SIZE]For which things' sake the wrath of God cometh on the children of disobedience:

[SIZE=12pt]An American English Bible[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]With Old Testament based on the Greek Septuagint[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]6[/SIZE][SIZE=12pt] For, it’s due to such things that the wrath of God is coming.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]These are my thoughts.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Those who disobey God will know His wrath.[/SIZE]

WDJD

Sep 15, 2014
If Jesus said we will hear his voice, then that's the only way we can show his righteousness rather than self righteousness. I mean he is the king of righteousness.

John 10:3 To him the porter openeth; and the sheep hear his voice: and he calleth his own sheep by name, and leadeth them out. 10:4 And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice. 10:5 And a stranger will they not follow, but will flee from him: for they know not the voice of strangers.

Feb 12, 2013
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
[SIZE=large]Colossians 3:7King James Version (KJV)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]7 [/SIZE]In the which ye also walked some time, when ye lived in them.
[SIZE=12pt]An American English Bible[/SIZE] [SIZE=large]With Old Testament based on the Greek Septuagint[/SIZE] [SIZE=12pt]7[/SIZE][SIZE=12pt] Why, that’s the way you acted back when you used to live for such things. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]These are my thoughts.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]There was once a time we lived as the world, we should be able to understand that without the One we have Christ, they will continue and those ways as we would if we never came to Him.[/SIZE]

Feb 12, 2013
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
[SIZE=large]Colossians 3:8King James Version (KJV)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]8 [/SIZE]But now ye also put off all these; anger, wrath, malice, blasphemy, filthy communication out of your mouth.
[SIZE=medium]8[/SIZE] But now, get all of that out of your mouths – the wrath, anger, badness, slander, and obscenities.

[SIZE=medium]The Lord will have us remove things from our lives if we are His.[/SIZE]

Feb 12, 2013
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
[SIZE=large]Colossians 3:9King James Version (KJV)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]9 [/SIZE]Lie not one to another, seeing that ye have put off the old man with his deeds;
[SIZE=medium]9[/SIZE] and don’t lie to each other! Take off the old person and the things that he did

[SIZE=medium]We should be filled with truth and not lies.[/SIZE]

Feb 12, 2013
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
[SIZE=large]Colossians 3:9King James Version (KJV)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]9 [/SIZE]Lie not one to another, seeing that ye have put off the old man with his deeds;
[SIZE=medium]9[/SIZE] and don’t lie to each other! Take off the old person and the things that he did

[SIZE=small]These are my thoughts.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=small]We are to be honest.[/SIZE]

Feb 12, 2013
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
[SIZE=large]Colossians 3:10King James Version (KJV)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]10 [/SIZE]And have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him:
[SIZE=medium]10[/SIZE] and put on the new one that is being remade with a complete knowledge in the image of his Creator,

[SIZE=medium]We are to be new people, new people because we know Christ, not in the fallen image but in His image.[/SIZE]

Feb 12, 2013
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
[SIZE=large]Colossians 3:11King James Version (KJV)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]11 [/SIZE]Where there is neither Greek nor Jew, circumcision nor uncircumcision, Barbarian, Scythian, bond nor free: but Christ is all, and in all.

[SIZE=12pt]An American English Bible[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]With Old Testament based on the Greek Septuagint[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]11[/SIZE] Why, you were circumcised into him with a circumcision that was done without hands, when you stripped away your fleshly bodies… yes, this is the circumcision of the Anointed One.

[SIZE=medium]We are all the same at the foot of the cross.[/SIZE]

Feb 12, 2013
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
[SIZE=25pt]Colossians 3:12[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]KJV[/SIZE] [SIZE=7pt]12[/SIZE][SIZE=11pt] Put on therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, bowels of mercies, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, longsuffering;[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]12[/SIZE] So as God’s chosen people who are holy and loved, put on the caring traits of empathy, kindness, humility, meekness, and patience.

[SIZE=medium]These traits we gain when we become children of the Father. [/SIZE]

Feb 12, 2013
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
[SIZE=42pt]Colossians 3:13[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]KJV [/SIZE][SIZE=11.5pt]13[/SIZE][SIZE=18.5pt] Forbearing one another, and forgiving one another, if any man have a quarrel against any: even as Christ forgave you, so also do ye. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]13[/SIZE] Keep putting up with each other and forgiving each other kindly, whenever anyone has a reason to complain. Yes, just as the Lord kindly forgave you, you do the same…

[SIZE=10pt] [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]We are to have forgiveness in our hearts.[/SIZE]

Feb 12, 2013
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
[SIZE=large]Colossians 3:14King James Version (KJV)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]14 [/SIZE]And above all these things put on charity, which is the bond of perfectness.
[SIZE=medium]14[/SIZE] and add love to all of that, because it’s the perfect unifying force.

[SIZE=medium]By the love Christ had which was shown on the cross we can be saved.[/SIZE]

Axehead

May 9, 2012
Obey the Spirit of God, He will lead you to put to death the deeds of the flesh.

Heb 5:9 And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him;

Reactions: clark thompson
Feb 12, 2013
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
[SIZE=42pt]Colossians 3:15[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]KJV [/SIZE][SIZE=11.5pt]15[/SIZE][SIZE=18.5pt] And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to the which also ye are called in one body; and be ye thankful. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]15[/SIZE] Let the peace of the Anointed One serve as the judge in your hearts, because it's calling [all of] you into one body. So be thankful and

[SIZE=medium][/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Christ gives us a peace that will not be found any where else.[/SIZE]

Feb 12, 2013
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
[SIZE=42pt]Colossians 3:16[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]KJV [/SIZE][SIZE=11.5pt]16[/SIZE][SIZE=18.5pt] Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]16[/SIZE] allow the words of the Anointed One to live in you richly and in all wisdom, as you kindly teach and remind each other through psalms, hymns, and spiritual songs. Yes, sing to God from your heart

[SIZE=medium]There are many ways we can worship but we should worship from our hearts.[/SIZE]