Col 4 weekly devotion

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Feb 12, 2013
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Colossians 4:1

KJV 1 Masters, give unto your servants that which is just and equal; knowing that ye also have a Master in heaven.

An American English Bible

With Old Testament based on the Greek Septuagint

1 Masters; Be righteous and fair with your slaves, because you know that you also have a Master in the heavens.

These are my thoughts.

We should treat people as Christ would.

Feb 12, 2013
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Colossians 4:2 King James Version (KJV)

2 Continue in prayer, and watch in the same with thanksgiving;

2 Keep on praying, staying alert, and giving thanks.

These are my thoughts.

We need to pay attention so w can see the results of our pray, this should give us more reason to praise seeing that we have been heard.

Feb 12, 2013
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Colossians 4:3 King James Version (KJV)

3 Withal praying also for us, that God would open unto us a door of utterance, to speak the mystery of Christ, for which I am also in bonds:

3 Now, to many you've given advice that is good,

and you've comforted the hands of the weak;

These are my thoughts.

Thru all Paul’s troubles he kept focus on what the Lord called him to do, we should do the same but also be willing to pray for one another.

Feb 12, 2013
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
[SIZE=large]Colossians 4:4 King James Version (KJV)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=small]4 [/SIZE][SIZE=medium]That I may make it manifest, as I ought to speak.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=28pt]An American English Bible[/SIZE]

[SIZE=large]With Old Testament based on the Greek Septuagint[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]4[/SIZE] to display whatever it is that I’m supposed to say.

[SIZE=medium]These are my thoughts.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]Often times our experiences allow us to talk to people in a more helpful way.[/SIZE]

Feb 12, 2013
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
[SIZE=large]Colossians 4:5 King James Version (KJV)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=small]5 [/SIZE][SIZE=medium]Walk in wisdom toward them that are without, redeeming the time.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]5[/SIZE] Keep on walking wisely when it comes to those on the outside, and keep an eye out for opportunities.

[SIZE=medium]We need to spend our time as God wants us, this involves us interacting with unbelievers. [/SIZE]

Feb 12, 2013
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Colossians 4:6 King James Version (KJV)

6 Let your speech be always with grace, seasoned with salt, that ye may know how ye ought to answer every man.

6 Be respectful in everything you say… season everything with salt and know how to [give the best] answer to each person.

These are my thoughts.

We need watch the words we use and let them glorify God.

Feb 12, 2013
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
[SIZE=large]Colossians 4:6 King James Version (KJV)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=small]6 [/SIZE][SIZE=medium]Let your speech be always with grace, seasoned with salt, that ye may know how ye ought to answer every man.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]6[/SIZE] Be respectful in everything you say… season everything with salt and know how to [give the best] answer to each person.

[SIZE=medium]We need to speak as Christ would, with a love in our voice and respect, this does not mean we accept their sinful ways though.[/SIZE]

Feb 12, 2013
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Colossians 4:7 King James Version (KJV)

7 All my state shall Tychicus declare unto you, who is a beloved brother, and a faithful minister and fellowservant in the Lord:

7 TychiKos (my dear brother, faithful servant, and fellow slave in the Lord) will tell you everything that’s happening with me.

These are my thoughts.

We as Christians need to surround ourselves with people like Tychicus they will be there for us and help our walk.

Feb 12, 2013
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
[SIZE=large]Colossians 4:8 King James Version (KJV)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=small]8 [/SIZE][SIZE=medium]Whom I have sent unto you for the same purpose, that he might know your estate, and comfort your hearts;[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]8[/SIZE] That’s why I’m sending him to you… to keep you abreast of what’s going on and to comfort your hearts.

[SIZE=medium]Encouragement is something we should give our fellow members in Christ, encourage them to do His will. [/SIZE]

Feb 12, 2013
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
[SIZE=large]Colossians 4:8 King James Version (KJV)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=small]8 [/SIZE][SIZE=medium]Whom I have sent unto you for the same purpose, that he might know your estate, and comfort your hearts;[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]8[/SIZE] That’s why I’m sending him to you… to keep you abreast of what’s going on and to comfort your hearts.

[SIZE=medium]It is important that we concern ourselves with other believers on how they are doing.[/SIZE]

Feb 12, 2013
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
[SIZE=large]Colossians 4:9 King James Version (KJV)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=small]9 [/SIZE][SIZE=medium]With Onesimus, a faithful and beloved brother, who is one of you. They shall make known unto you all things which are done here.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]9[/SIZE] [I’m also sending] Onesimus, my faithful and loved brother who came from you. They will tell you all the rest.

[SIZE=medium]When need to try to do our best to keep in touch with those who care about us.[/SIZE]

Feb 12, 2013
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Colossians 4:10 King James Version (KJV)

10 Aristarchus my fellowprisoner saluteth you, and Marcus, sister's son to Barnabas, (touching whom ye received commandments: if he come unto you, receive him;)

10 AristArchus (my fellow prisoner) sends you his greetings, as does Mark (BarNabas’ cousin). He’s the one that you were told to welcome if he ever comes to [visit] you…

These are my thoughts.

Sometimes we have to greet someone in place of someone who could not be there and sometimes someone has to be there in our place it is not up to us but up to the Lord’s will but we should be understanding when this happens.

Feb 12, 2013
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Colossians 4:11 King James Version (KJV)

11 And Jesus, which is called Justus, who are of the circumcision. These only are my fellow workers unto the kingdom of God, which have been a comfort unto me.

11 and so does Jesus (who’s also called Justus). All of them are circumcised, but they are also my fellow workers for the Kingdom of God, and they’ve done so much to comfort me.

These are my thoughts.

We need to keep in mind those how are encouragements to us.

Feb 12, 2013
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Colossians 4:12 King James Version (KJV)

12 Epaphras, who is one of you, a servant of Christ, saluteth you, always labouring fervently for you in prayers, that ye may stand perfect and complete in all the will of God.

12 EpaPhras (who came from you), a slave of the Anointed Jesus, sends you his greetings. He always puts a lot of effort into his prayers for you, asking that you might become perfect in the stand that you’re taking and [that you’ll] completely carry out the Will of God.

These are my thoughts.

Sometimes all we can do for one another out of love is pray for each other to be closer to the Lord.

Feb 12, 2013
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
[SIZE=large]Colossians 4:13 King James Version (KJV)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=small]13 [/SIZE][SIZE=medium]For I bear him record, that he hath a great zeal for you, and them that are in Laodicea, and them in Hierapolis.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=large]Colossians 4:13 International Standard Version (ISV)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=small]13 [/SIZE][SIZE=medium]For I can testify on his behalf that he has a deep concern for you and for those in Laodicea and in Hierapolis. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]International Standard Version (ISV) Copyright © 1995-2014 by ISV Foundation. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED INTERNATIONALLY. Used by permission of Davidson Press, LLC.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Can people testify how the Lord has worked thru us, he worked thru to where Paul knew he cared deeply, we should have the same change in the Spirit to where people see it as well. [/SIZE]

Feb 12, 2013
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
[SIZE=medium]Colossians 4:14 King James Version (KJV)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]14 [/SIZE][SIZE=medium]Luke, the beloved physician, and Demas, greet you.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]An American English Bible[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]With Old Testament based on the Greek Septuagint[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]14[/SIZE] Luke (the beloved physician) sends you his greetings, and so does Demas.
[SIZE=medium] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium] [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Luke would penned down one of the gospels and Demas would work with Paul for a time, when we are where the Lord wants us we will see Godly people around us.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium] [/SIZE]

Feb 12, 2013
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
[SIZE=large]Colossians 4:15 King James Version (KJV)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=small]15 [/SIZE][SIZE=medium]Salute the brethren which are in Laodicea, and Nymphas, and the church which is in his house.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]15[/SIZE] Give my greetings to the brothers at LaoDikea, as well as to Nympha and the [SIZE=medium]called ones[/SIZE][SIZE=medium] in her home.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]All those of Christ are our families even if they are else where. [/SIZE]

Feb 12, 2013
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
[SIZE=large]Colossians 4:16 King James Version (KJV)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=small]16 [/SIZE][SIZE=medium]And when this epistle is read among you, cause that it be read also in the church of the Laodiceans; and that ye likewise read the epistle from Laodicea.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]16[/SIZE] After this letter has been read among you, also arrange for it to be read in the LaoDikean congregation… and you read the one from LaoDikea.

[SIZE=medium]We are to share God’s Word with others. [/SIZE]

Feb 12, 2013
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Colossians 4:17 King James Version (KJV)

17 And say to Archippus, Take heed to the ministry which thou hast received in the Lord, that thou fulfil it.

17 Also, tell ArcHippus to keep an eye on the service assignment that he accepted in the Lord and to make sure that he fulfills it.’

These are my thoughts.

We can complete things with the Lord, He finishes things.

Feb 12, 2013
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
[SIZE=large]Colossians 4:18 King James Version (KJV)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=small]18 [/SIZE][SIZE=medium]The salutation by the hand of me Paul. Remember my bonds. Grace be with you. Amen.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=28pt]An American English Bible [/SIZE][SIZE=large]With Old Testament based on the Greek Septuagint[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]18[/SIZE] Here is my greeting (Paul’s) in my own hand. Remember me in prison. May [God’s] loving care be with you.

[SIZE=medium]Even if we are imprisoned by something from this world, we should still serve the Lord. [/SIZE]