Coming In and Going Out

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You clicked in the box but then forgot to hit the return button on your keyboard before beginning to type.

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Okay, I should have said "obeyed"
Oh, okay. Then yep, you’ve annoyed me. Lol. But as I said to Jay, I’m one of the worst cases. I can’t be compared to him or to you. I can only be contrasted against those who are more naturally good and those who find obedience easy or even just achievable. I never did. My passions ruled me continuously and I was full of angry and murderous resentments at others. Of course I didn’t see this at first. At first I thought I was very humble and good, at least better than most, and thought everyone else was the problem, which is just another clear example of how hideous I was. I could never have obeyed. I would have stayed how I was, always fighting against the Spirit. And that’s AFTER I received the down payment of the Spirit!
And yes, I’m aware I may be confusing the rightness a man is capable of with holiness. I still blur the two into one where I am concerned, because I never WAS good."

"Of course I didn’t see this at first." We rarely do see it at first. And, it hurts when He shows us. Funny how we can see the deeds and judge another when we ourselves have done the same exact thing, ouch!

You are unique to yourself and cannot be compared to anyone at all. Learning obedience is quite the trek! Long ago I mistook my shyness (yes, can happen, lol) for humility, whoa was I wrong!

My mother had that natural goodness in her from the start, my dad...not so much. I'm more like my dad but was very close and loved my mom like no other on earth...to this day.

"And yes, I’m aware I may be confusing the rightness a man is capable of with holiness. I still blur the two into one where I am concerned, because I never WAS good."

We are on the same page here as I cannot distinguish the difference between holiness and righteousness either, and not ONE is good, no not one! Only in Him are we able to boast in any goodness coming from the heart.

One thing for certain, He said it would not be easy! But, way more than worth this race.

"Oh, okay. Then yep, you’ve annoyed me." :Broadly:
This post, in my opinion, is a clear sign that the Spirit of God is with you and that you are a child of God. Keep walking in the Lord, Nancy. :)

• Love
Reactions: Nancy

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you see it? The concept runs throughout scripture from the very 'beginning' where His spirit is breathed into humanity, giving them true 'spiritual' life. Inner life. His LIFE inside of us, poured out of Him and into us.

This is the comings and goings of spirit and in that spiritual/divine/heavenly sense, it's as natural as breathing. Out from Him, into us. Call it His spirit, His son, His seed--- out from Him, into us. Out from us, into the world.

And in this way, His Kingdom, the Kingdom of God expands.

Reactions: Pathfinder7

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This post, in my opinion, is a clear sign that the Spirit of God is with you and that you are a child of God. Keep walking in the Lord, Nancy. :)
Thank you C&Z! It's nice to hear this as, doubts can creep in!
I will not ever give up as, there is no life without Him! :)