Coming Soon- The Jesus Revolution Movie (Chuck Smith)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Have you heard about the new Chuck Smith story/movie coming out?

It stars Kelsey Grammar as Chuck and tells the story of the hippie Lonnie Frisbee and the Jesus movement that took Southern California by storm in the 60's and launched the Calvary Chapel church franchise. Here is the trailer--

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Have you heard about the new Chuck Smith story/movie coming out?

It stars Kelsey Grammar as Chuck and tells the story of the hippie Lonnie Frisbee and the Jesus movement that took Southern California by storm in the 60's and launched the Calvary Chapel church franchise. Here is the trailer--

I enjoyed watching the movie, but having known some of these actual people, well, it's just a movie! Chuck Smith was a loving and joy filled man, and the movie doesn't really show that.

There were a lot of good reminders and memories though, I laughed, I cried, and I remembered how Good God is!

Much love!

Last edited:

shortangel

Aug 23, 2020
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i still have not been to the theater to see it, i guess i will have to wait until it comes on UPTV

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I saw the movie. I rate it a 3 out of 5 star. Worth watching.

I suppose any actor who plays Jesus will seem less in acting as any other character. One cannot compare as equal

THE GREATEST STORY EVER TOLD

to any other story.

Reactions: Mr E

ButterflyJones

Feb 19, 2023
USA
youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I saw the movie. I rate it a 3 out of 5 star. Worth watching.

I suppose any actor who plays Jesus will seem less in acting as any other character. One cannot compare as equal

THE GREATEST STORY EVER TOLD

to any other story.
I think the actor who portrayed Christ in Jesus of Nazareth was the best so far.
Second is the actor in the latest movies, The Bible, and Son of God. Imo, of course.

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is another faith-based film coming out this month- on Mar 31st

It’s called His Only Son and it’s produced by the same studio that brought us The Chosen series.

Here is the trailer for the new film—

Reactions: MatthewG

ButterflyJones

Feb 19, 2023
USA
youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is another faith-based film coming out this month- on Mar 31st

It’s called His Only Son and it’s produced by the same studio that brought us The Chosen series.

Here is the trailer for the new film—

I love how YT's three vertical dots appear in the center of Abraham's left eye in that still picture.

There are a lot of Christian films coming out in theaters now.

It's time for a revival.☺️

There's another movie coming out about that too. I can't recall the full name . Something like, coming out...