Jesus Revolution

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Hello to all!

I saw the Jesus Revolution movie last night. It's very good. It shows to some degree the hippie movement being transformed into the Jesus movement with many becoming followers of Jesus. A revival that began in the 60's....but that persisted and traveled the globe. Of particular interest is a man called Lonnie Frisbee (played by the same actor who plays Jesus on "the Chosen") . This man was a complicated individual but who walked in God's anointing. Miracles would happen wherever He went. He is seen by many as THE major catalyst of the Jesus movement.

The movie coincides with what is happening at Asbury...which makes the release time of the movie poignant indeed.

The movie is well done...basically a must-see for evangelicals...and believers in general.

I have been doing more research on Lonnie Frisbee. There are some good interviews about his life on line...with people who knew him well. There is also a series of three books that come from his own words being dictated into a tape recorder and put into print.

Has anyone else seen the movie? What are your thoughts on it...on the Jesus movement...or revivals in general. I hope to comment more later.

Last edited:

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I haven't seen it but I am looking forward to it.
I have been watching the series Chosen and I would also recomend it.
I don't know if Jesus Revolution is online or only in theaters. I will have to wait until it's online release.
But here is the series Chosen I have been watching. There are 3 seasons so far each having 8 episodes.
I've watched them 5 times so far and intend to keep watching.
They anticipate 7 or 8 seasons with the 4th being made available late this year or early next.
I am very much looking forward to this also.
Thank You for sharing
Hugs

Pathfinder7

Mar 8, 2020
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the Jesus movement with many becoming followers of Jesus. A revival that began in the 60's....but that persisted and traveled the globe
Good point.
---
'Jesus Movement'
It started..on the west Coast in US.
- The Revival.. among young people.
---
- It had an impact on..Central America & Europe.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh wow. I heard about it about a week ago and searched but found it was not playing anywhere near me. But I just looked again and found it. Guess I looked too early.

Reactions: Episkopos

shortangel

Aug 23, 2020
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i have heard about this movie & i heard that it's a really good flim, i hope that i get to see it in the theater or on T.V. i'm sure it will probably be shown on UPTV or one of their streaming services

Reactions: Episkopos

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I watched the movie. It was really good. It wasn’t Hollywood. And it wasn’t how Hollywood tries to sensationalize and change a spiritually themed movie just because they can’t imagine a movie drawing many if it’s just real.
Ive heard of vineyard by the way. WillieT and Helen used to talk about it. Don’t remember what they said about it, just that they saw some amazing things…
They just portrayed the truth of the event in the movie, with touches of humor.

They were so real that they showed the flaws and warts. Chuck was influenced by religious men and his own fear to hinder and try to stop the Spirit. Lonnie had a tumble with pride. It was the most gripping scene of the movie to me and the one where I wept most, when they failed to lay down their lives for one another in that moment. They needed the help and rebuke and coming alongside of each other but didn’t/couldn’t. Human men.

Last edited:

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I watched the movie. It was really good. It wasn’t Hollywood. And it wasn’t how Hollywood tries to sensationalize and change a spiritually themed movie just because they can’t imagine a movie drawing many if it’s just real.
Ive heard of vineyard by the way. WillieT and Helen used to talk about it. Don’t remember what they said about it, just that they saw some amazing things…
They just portrayed the truth of the event in the movie, with touches of humor.

They were so real that they showed the flaws and warts. Chuck was influenced by religious men and his own fear to hinder and try to stop the Spirit. Lonnie had a tumble with pride. It was the most gripping scene of the movie to me and the one where I wept most, when they failed to lay down their lives for one another in that moment. They needed the help and rebuke and coming alongside of each other but didn’t/couldn’t. Human men.
What I see is that God loves us while we are yet sinners. He even anoints flawed people with His vision and purity...and gifting! The church is good at receiving new believers. It's what happens to them after that that smacks of religion and human interference.

We tend to spoil what God has begun. We need to go back to God to finish what He started.

What Lonnie lacked, in the end, was maturity. He had so much anointing and evangelistic fervour that he forgot to grow in truth.

We are to worship God in SPIRIT AND TRUTH.

A revival too often leaves off with the Spirit moving hearts. But the mind remains unconverted into the truth.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What I see is that God loves us while we are yet sinners. He even anoints flawed people with His vision and purity...and gifting! The church is good at receiving new believers. It's what happens to them after that that smacks of religion and human interference.

We tend to spoil what God has begun. We need to go back to God to finish what He started.

What Lonnie lacked, in the end, was maturity. He had so much anointing and evangelistic fervour that he forgot to grow in truth.

We are to worship God in SPIRIT AND TRUTH.

A revival too often leaves off with the Spirit moving hearts. But the mind remains unconverted into the truth.
I saw something similar in the movie and in the two week revival that just happened at that college.
Did you read that the college decided the revival would end on a certain date?

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Anyway, I enjoyed the movie so much I decided to finally watch The Chosen. I rarely watch anything fiction any more as far as movies go. But I watched the first episode. The actor who played Nicodemus stole the show in the first episode. I mean that actor BECAME Nicodemus!

Reactions: Azim and Episkopos

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh my gosh, I spoke too soon about the first episode. Hadn’t watched the last scene yet!

Reactions: Azim

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I haven’t heard of the movie at all , perhaps it’s not reached the U.K. x
I just watched season three of The Chosen.
@stunnedbygrace , love the ending of episode one xxxxx

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Rita I would be very surprised if the movie doesn’t release in the UK within 5 or 6 months at the most. Although…I know nothing about the film industry. If a film releases in a certain country and doesn’t hit a certain number, maybe they don’t take it to other countries and you have to wait for it to stream?

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
@Rita I would be very surprised if the movie doesn’t release in the UK within 5 or 6 months at the most. Although…I know nothing about the film industry. If a film releases in a certain country and doesn’t hit a certain number, maybe they don’t take it to other countries and you have to wait for it to stream?
It does state online that it should be available of Netflix or Amazon prime. The latter I no longer have, but Netflix do not have it yet … I will keep an eye out.
It’s funny because years ago we would get films a few months after the USA , but that was before all the streaming services were around. Sometimes we get things at the same time now, but obviously not with this film.
I remember years and years ago hearing all the Hope about ‘ Jaws ‘ and the reaction to the film in the USA …..it was months before it came out here, so we waited with bated breathe for its release at the cinema !!

Reactions: stunnedbygrace

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It does state online that it should be available of Netflix or Amazon prime. The latter I no longer have, but Netflix do not have it yet … I will keep an eye out.
It’s funny because years ago we would get films a few months after the USA , but that was before all the streaming services were around. Sometimes we get things at the same time now, but obviously not with this film.
I remember years and years ago hearing all the Hope about ‘ Jaws ‘ and the reaction to the film in the USA …..it was months before it came out here, so we waited with bated breathe for its release at the cinema !!
There are other streaming services you could investigate...ones that are more let's say...embedded in file sharing sites.

Reactions: faithfulness

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
There are other streaming services you could investigate...ones that are more let's say...embedded in file sharing sites.
It depends whether you have to pay or not.
Do you have any to recommend ?

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It depends whether you have to pay or not.
Do you have any to recommend ?
There's one called "myflixer.vc" You could try that...I don't know about international availability. But if it works in Canada, it should work in the UK.