Comment on Policy Change: What Can't Be Mentioned @ CyB

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1st, I want to express my gratitude to the The Christianity Board Moderating Team and staff, in general, for all the effort to improve CyB. A lot of changes have been made in ownership, software architecture, advertising and a lot of grace regarding passionate discussion and disputed topics.

2nd, being in a leadership role means being criticized. The POTUS is the most criticized person on Earth. Every decision made is scrutinized by the whole world and often criticized by at least half the world. It's never easy but I respect that fact that it is part and parcel with the territory and realize why the policy decision was made to prohibit a certain topic from being discussed.

3rd, there are at least 2 important reasons I wanted to express of why the policy change should not have been made: forum activity and self-control.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Forum activity is a business measure of success. A self-interested forum should be aligned with encouraging increasing forum activity. (I stopped participating in other forums that had little going on.) Although I do not have access to all the behind the scene data analytics, from my observation, 3 topics came up time and again:
  1. The topic no longer allowed to be discussed (a bit like Harry Potter's 'He who shall not be named.')
  2. OSAS
  3. Millenialism/Oneness
Self control comes into play when the topic thread has been positively exhausted for the poster. I participated in one of the longer OSAS threads pretty heavily and a natural conclusion was reach for me. By that, I mean the main participants had made their case, for and against, and were merely more or less repeating themselves.

I've reminded numerous posters that replying to various topics is voluntary. As a member of this community, we are not required to post on thread topics we feel are worn out and certainly none that are divisive for us. (In fact, I thought it was brilliant mitigation strategy to categorize to the unorthodox forum the topic no longer allowed to be discussed.) One recent thread asked if the forum strengthened one's faith. It turned to doctrinal understanding but I submit, testing and strenghening go hand-in-hand. In another recent thread with a poll, I was repeatedly asked to vote in it. However, I gave my reasons why I would not and left it at that. Self-control.

A test of one's faith is demonstrating the fruit of the spirit, which includes self control. Thanks for reading.

Reactions: Aunty Jane

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
As a new member here. I am looking for a place where the brethren can speak freely; a place that abides by the rules of the Kingdom. I completely agree with you.
That used to be the case here, but some ruined it by treating others in an unchristian way.....that is sad because as Christians we should be able to discuss any topic without any nastiness. :IDK:

Reactions: Nancy