Commentary on Abortion Procedures: A New Dark Age?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Barrd

His Humble Servant
Jul 27, 2015
...following a Jewish carpenter...
LaDela said:
I'm sorry but I really wasn't asking you for a book report of justifications and rationalizations. You cannot transfer how you would react in that position onto someone else. You have already given your excuses as to why you think it is perfectly fine to keep murders in business. There are always alternatives in medical treatments but you have to want to explore them. I simply agree with those who do not feel it's ok to profit off of someone else's death. If you have a problem with that, I cannot help you.
Are we making this personal? That wasn't my intention.
But as long as we're going there....
Are you one of those pro-life people who doesn't give a **** about the kid once it's born and breathing?

There do seem to be an awful lot of those.

I have taken women in crisis pregnancies into my own home, where I spent my own money caring for them. I was there at the hospital when their babies were born. Some of these women have kept in touch with me, and their kids, some of them with kids of their own today, still call me Nana.

In fact, just a few months ago I went to the birthday party of a kid who thinks of me as his great grandma. He is five.

See, I've been involved in the pro-life fight for a very, very long time. I've gotten down in the dirt, and gotten my hands dirty. I have helped to find adoptive parents. I have held women whose children have died.

Is it okay to profit off of someone's death? I guess it depends on how you look at it. Do you think it's okay to have a will? And when someone dies, should their beneficiary be entitled to the estate that was bequeathed to him or her?
"Of course," you will say. You may even be someone's beneficiary yourself. Most parents do try to leave a little something for their children...

Okay, what about a living will? Someone has donated his organs to medical science. Let's say you need a heart transplant (or lung, or whatever) and someone with your blood type has died and the organ you will die without is available. Would you be willing to accept the transplant, or will you refuse to "profit off of someone else's death"?

Again, I say....I will not judge someone whose child is diagnosed with a terminal illness who accepts this medical treatment for their kid.
And I think anyone who would call them "cannibals" or "evil" is a hypocrite. Where is the love that is supposed to mark the Christian as the Lord's disciple? It is conspicuously lacking here.

You don't even want to hear my opinion of someone who accuses me of "keeping murderers in business".

Barrd

His Humble Servant
Jul 27, 2015
So, if the precious baby you have so painstakingly saved from the abortion doctor should develop some genetic illness later on in life and the only thing that would save him is this medical treatment, then it's just too bad, kid...you're just going to have to die.

Assuming, of course, that you even kept up with the kid. Would you buy him a nice outfit to be buried in?

LaDela

Jul 29, 2015
The Barrd said:
Are we making this personal? That wasn't my intention.
But as long as we're going there....
Are you one of those pro-life people who doesn't give a **** about the kid once it's born and breathing?

I have taken women in crisis pregnancies into my own home, where I spent my own money caring for them. I was there at the hospital when their babies were born. Some of these women have kept in touch with me, and their kids, some of them with kids of their own today, still call me Nana.

In fact, just a few months ago I went to the birthday party of a kid who thinks of me as his great grandma. He is five.

See, I've been involved in the pro-life fight for a very, very long time. I've gotten down in the dirt, and gotten my hands dirty. I have helped to find adoptive parents. I have held women whose children have died.

Is it okay to profit off of someone's death? I guess it depends on how you look at it. Do you think it's okay to have a will? And when someone dies, should their beneficiary be entitled to the estate that was bequeathed to him or her?
"Of course," you will say. You may even be someone's beneficiary yourself. Most parents do try to leave a little something for their children...

Okay, what about a living will? Someone has donated his organs to medical science. Let's say you need a heart transplant (or lung, or whatever) and someone with your blood type has died and the organ you will die without is available. Would you be willing to accept the transplant, or will you refuse to "profit off of someone else's death"?

Again, I say....I will not judge someone whose child is diagnosed with a terminal illness who accepts this medical treatment for their kid.
And I think anyone who would call them "cannibals" or "evil" is a hypocrite. Where is the love that is supposed to mark the Christian as the Lord's disciple? It is conspicuously lacking here.

You don't even want to hear my opinion of someone who accuses me of "keeping murderers in business".
It's only you that suggests that "no one" cares about a child outside the womb....of course, excluding you. Wow. That's an extreme overreach but if it makes you feel better about yourself...... Then you bring up the women you say you 'help' and go on about how their children call you "nana" as if that somehow matters.

There is a BIG difference between a will and abortion profiting. The person who dies with a legal will has CONSENTED to leave his/her belongings with the person or persons of their choice. Keyword being CHOICE. An aborted baby is murdered and his or her body parts are ripped from its body to aid in "treatment" for those of you who choose to partake in it. There is no consent or choice when babies are murdered. (This reminds me of the story of those two women in the Bible who agreed to cook and eat each other's babies because they were hungry) Those that chose that ungodly "treatment" aid in the business of abortion by creating a market for it. If everyone chose alternative medical treatments, abortion clinics would have no reason to sell the body parts of its victims. They couldn't make money from it. Unfortunately, in this world, people do not see a problem in this evil so it will continue.

I chose to focus on God and not fear of what may or may not happen in the future. I have children of my own but I would seek alternative treatments and medicines as well as my trust in God to heal them. I would never take from a baby what does not belong to me out of some strange sense of entitlement. I chose to have faith in Him. As I said earlier, I agree with the person who would not take part in this deadly "harvest". My mind is not going to change on that.

If you think it is perfectly fine, that's your business and choice. So I'm not sure why you think your little immature scenarios that do not even fit the situation were needed. If you are so confident, what you want. I just would not make the same decision as you. I like living guilt free.

Barrd

His Humble Servant
Jul 27, 2015
LaDela said:
It's only you that suggests that "no one" cares about a child outside the womb....of course, excluding you. Wow. That's an extreme overreach but if it makes you feel better about yourself...... Then you bring up the women you say you 'help' and go on about how their children call you "nana" as if that somehow matters.
I did not suggest that "no one cares".
I asked you if you care.
Here are my actual words:

And then in my next post, I continued:

So, if the precious baby you have so painstakingly saved from the abortion doctor should develop some genetic illness later on in life and the only thing that would save him is this medical treatment, then it's just too bad, kid...you're just going to have to die.

Assuming, of course, that you even kept up with the kid. Would you buy him a nice outfit to be buried in?

There is a BIG difference between a will and abortion profiting. The person who dies with a legal will has CONSENTED to leave his/her belongings with the person or persons of their choice. Keyword being CHOICE. An aborted baby is murdered and his or her body parts are ripped from its body to aid in "treatment" for those of you who choose to partake in it. There is no consent or choice when babies are murdered. (This reminds me of the story of those two women in the Bible who agreed to cook and eat each other's babies because they were hungry) Those that chose that ungodly "treatment" aid in the business of abortion by creating a market for it. If everyone chose alternative medical treatments, abortion clinics would have no reason to sell the body parts of its victims. They couldn't make money from it. Unfortunately, in this world, people do not see a problem in this evil so it will continue.
Babies are not aborted in order to provide "treatment". Women who abort aren't thinking about "treatment". They are thinking of the trap they are in.
Perhaps, if you are really serious about ending abortion, you might push for legislation that would make it easier for a single mother to raise a child.
At the very least, you might try to keep in touch with the babies you have saved, and make sure that their Mom gets whatever help she needs. If everyone who claims to be pro-life would do that, maybe we could really make a difference. Just shouting about how pro-life you are helps no one...least of all the children you are all righteous about.

I chose to focus on God and not fear of what may or may not happen in the future. I have children of my own but I would seek alternative treatments and medicines as well as my trust in God to heal them. I would never take from a baby what does not belong to me out of some strange sense of entitlement. I chose to have faith in Him. As I said earlier, I agree with the person who would not take part in this deadly "harvest". My mind is not going to change on that.
As I said before, it is all too easy to judge someone else who had to face their child's terminal illness. You do not know just how desperate you might be, watching your little one suffering....watching the light dying from his eyes...
Fortunately for the children, denying life saving treatment to a dying child is against the law. So, really, nobody cares whether your mind changes or not. Most states will simply remove your children from your custody and there is a good possibility you would face criminal charges.
And that is exactly as it should be.
Any parent who would allow their child to die for the sake of a principle ought to be prosecuted as a murderer...just like any abortionist.

If you think it is perfectly fine, that's your business and choice. So I'm not sure why you think your little immature scenarios that do not even fit the situation were needed. If you are so confident, what you want. I just would not make the same decision as you. I like living guilt free.
I thank my God that this is a situation I will never have to face. All of my children reached health adulthood with nothing more than the usual bumps and bruises that go along with childhood. I think the worst thing that ever happened to any of them is when my oldest accidentally stepped on a broken bottle at the beach.
It amuses me that, after starting a mud-slinging match with someone you don't even know, and getting yourself in a lather, you turn around and talk about my "immature scenarios".
Do you think you are "guilt free"?

I will pray for you.

However, I do not intend to keep throwing insults back and forth with you.
I've heard your ideas, and, as it seems you are incapable of having any new ones, there seems little point in having this conversation.

Besides...it's past my bed time, and I have a busy day tomorrow.

Good night...

LaDela

Jul 29, 2015
The Barrd said:
I did not suggest that "no one cares".
I asked you if you care.
Here are my actual words:

And then in my next post, I continued:

So, if the precious baby you have so painstakingly saved from the abortion doctor should develop some genetic illness later on in life and the only thing that would save him is this medical treatment, then it's just too bad, kid...you're just going to have to die.[/size]

Babies are not aborted in order to provide "treatment". Women who abort aren't thinking about "treatment". They are thinking of the trap they are in.
Perhaps, if you are really serious about ending abortion, you might push for legislation that would make it easier for a single mother to raise a child.
At the very least, you might try to keep in touch with the babies you have saved, and make sure that their Mom gets whatever help she needs. If everyone who claims to be pro-life would do that, maybe we could really make a difference. Just shouting about how pro-life you are helps no one...least of all the children you are all righteous about.

As I said before, it is all too easy to judge someone else who had to face their child's terminal illness. You do not know just how desperate you might be, watching your little one suffering....watching the light dying from his eyes...
Fortunately for the children, denying life saving treatment to a dying child is against the law. So, really, nobody cares whether your mind changes or not. Most states will simply remove your children from your custody and there is a good possibility you would face criminal charges.
And that is exactly as it should be.
Any parent who would allow their child to die for the sake of a principle ought to be prosecuted as a murderer...just like any abortionist.

I thank my God that this is a situation I will never have to face. All of my children reached health adulthood with nothing more than the usual bumps and bruises that go along with childhood. I think the worst thing that ever happened to any of them is when my oldest accidentally stepped on a broken bottle at the beach.
It amuses me that, after starting a mud-slinging match with someone you don't even know, and getting yourself in a lather, you turn around and talk about my "immature scenarios".
Do you think you are "guilt free"?

I will pray for you.

However, I do not intend to keep throwing insults back and forth with you.
I've heard your ideas, and, as it seems you are incapable of having any new ones, there seems little point in having this conversation.

Besides...it's past my bed time, and I have a busy day tomorrow.

Good night...
First of all, I agreed with someone else's post. I did not engage you at all. You came at me.

Abortion is a business, period. I'm not concerned with man's law nor am I scared of it. I'm more concerned with God's law.

I never said people should withhold treatment from a child who is sick. I said I would NOT accept treatment where a gross link to abortion is involved. I'm not so carnal flesh-minded that I place my feeling above someone else's life so even in dire situations I would not chose that route. That you would does not automatically mean others would do the same or should do the same as you. Do not presume to transfer your admitted actions onto me. Thanks for the suggestions of prayers but keep them for yourself. I do not receive from just anybody who proclaims Christ.

Yes, you did waste your time engaging me with your...."new" ideas. I had already stated many times before that I agreed with another person's post. I still agree with Dodlady's post wholeheartedly. So....Bye!

DogLady19

Apr 15, 2015
The Barrd said:
All of this would be true, if anyone were advocating continuing to murder helpless infants in order to obtain stem cells for medical treatment.
No one is.
So, if abortion were outlawed, what would you say then to those people who were hoping a murdered baby's body parts would save their child's life?

I say again, these treatments should have never existed in the first place. People are benefitting and profiting from murdered babies... That's just sick.

heretoeternity

Oct 11, 2014
Asia/Pacific
What next from the perverted sub human crowd of planned parenthood, and the abortionist community...maybe it is legalizing cannibalism...would make the Donners event look like a small time picnic.
Just when you think the human race has sunk to new lows, the bar is lowered again, with the apparent blessings of governments...Come back soon Jesus..