Committing Suicide Due To Bullying

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

unbeliever

Sep 14, 2009
Hello, I have two questions.

What has happened to the children/teenagers/people who committed suicide because they were bullied? did they go to hell? I am in this situation and I believe in God, and hell, and heaven, but I don't think i deserve to go to hell if i killed myself because i am already tormented up here.

Why can't God terminate hell? I though he loved everyone no matter who they were, yet he's willing to send his creations to hell?

Reactions: Miss Hepburn

Paul

Aug 19, 2006

What has happened to the children/teenagers/people who committed suicide because they were bullied? did they go to hell? I am in this situation and I believe in God, and hell, and heaven, but I don't think i deserve to go to hell if i killed myself because i am already tormented up here.

Why can't God terminate hell? I though he loved everyone no matter who they were, yet he's willing to send his creations to hell?

God is not willing that any should perish but He leaves that decision to each one of us. It's your choice not His.

Reactions: Paul

Miss Hepburn

Oct 28, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi unbeliever,
I'm so sorry you are in this situation. It must be miserble.
It is like a hell, isn't it?

There have been exhaustive studies by scholars studying Greek, Hebrew words, definition, syntax, etc - and I agree with the ones that say there is no hell or eternal lake of fire -a lake of purging or purification, yes. No eternal hell.
I personally find it out of character and this may be yet another reason for so many atheists because they have brains and won't believe in a murderous, smiting, flooding, plaque-giving, damning Father that was made up by early man that wanted sacrifices and blood of all things!!!
(I love Jesus, guys. And if you don't like what I just said please remember this thread is not about me.)

There are many, many sites of NDEs, near death exp., of people that "tried" and failed to commit suicide --- why not google them and find out what happened ---Howard Storm's NDE is quite famous.
Atheist, now Pastor Storm, I should say. Oh, forgot he didn't try suicide, but there are plenty of other failures at it.

If you are that close and also that miserable can you get on anti-depressants - sorry if this has been asked before - brain chemistry imbalance, like insulin imbalance, is a fixable thing now-a-days.

Take care,
:)Miss Hepburn

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
As Paul posted, It is not Gods wil that men go to hell it is there choice. As for suicide, who are we to underestimate the power or love of God, no one can say what God would do, but if you Knew the LOve of God you would know that He would not deny them a place in heavenn, for only He knows their heart, but our carnal flesh, would say, oh but that is a sin, maybe so, but it is just like any other sin, and can be forgiven. This does not give us an excuse, i know, i have spent months contemplating suicide but with the Grace of God I have stood, for i will not see the enemy lay waste the plans that God has for me.

In His LOve

Adstar

Sep 17, 2009

There is only one sin that never has forgiveness. Blasphemy of the Holy Spirit.

Suicide is not blasphemy of the Holy Spirit.

But if one commits suicide knowing that it is self murder. Then they have committed a wilful pre-meditated sin.

It is one thing to rely on the forgiveness of God through the Messiah Jesus for the times of our weakness, but it is quite another to use the forgiveness of God through the Messiah Jesus as a licence to sin.

Knowing that suicide is sin and then going and doing it with an attitude of it being justified, is rebellion against the will of God.

Better to seek help from God in giving one strength to face the bullying that comes upon many people in this world. Sadly victims of bullying are not rare and there are many people in this world who gain joy from the unrighteousness of bullying others. Their judgement will be just, along with all others who gain joy from unrighteousness.

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

ahigherway

Jun 17, 2010

As you will have noted already, the answers you get will depend on who you ask.
According to some people's understanding of Scripture, yes, all who don't believe as they say they should will go to hell.

There are others, however, who believe that God IS love. That means that mercy triumphs over judgment. Jesus Christ came to save sinners, whom we all are. Did He fail?
I think not!

Blessings to you,
brian

ps. Hell and death will be destroyed in the end. Rev. 20:14. Blessings!

Selene

Apr 12, 2010
In my house

Hello unbeliever,

God loves you very much and does not want you to commit suicide. Suicide is against God's Will. It is the murder of yourself. God does not will anyone to go to Hell. He desires all men to be saved (2 Timothy 2:4). As other posters have pointed out, God does not put anyone in Hell. It was their choice to go there. You are not alone in your problems, and problems are always temporary. Suicide is a serious thing, and it becomes devastating to your family and friends. If you have brothers and sisters or other close relatives, the suicide of a loved one often leave a devastating impact on the living relatives. Please talk to your counselor, and you are in my prayers.

In Christ,
Selene

Endzone

May 7, 2010
Fort Worth, TX
Unbeliever can you trust God enough with your situation and not have to try and figure everything out in your mind? Can't you just say "Lord I trust you even though i can't figure this out in my mind?"

And if you go to a public school, they are a mess now days. I don't know how in the world they maintain order there because the students just seem to be able to get away with anything. That's why you need the Lord to protect you and give you guidance and help. And the Lord loves you more than anybody in the world.

fivesense

Mar 7, 2010
WI
Unbeliever, you have been here on this Forum for some time now. Many have offered their counsel to you in sincerity and compassion. You must believe that they are interested in your condition, or you would be ignored.

As I stated to your first posting, you no longer have ownership over your life. You have been ransomed from death. Though you consider suicide an option, and there are those who exercise that option successfully, you will not escape His ownership of you. Are you only conscious of your own life? Are you so self-focused that no one but yourself matters in the whole of the universe? I am afraid this is so, seeing the obsession you carry about, thoughts of self-destruction...

Should you consider suicide as an option, you will be brought back from the dead by the One Who has been given the power to bring all from their graves. You will face Him again.

Then, because you were a doubter, and unfaithful to what you received of Him in this life, you will die once more in the Lake of Fire, the second death. And though there is no length of time given us, and even though death will surely be abolished with all being made alive in Christ and in subjection to the Father, your losses from being separated from the Father and the Son and all those who have become sons through faith, will be great and irretrievable. You will have less than nothing, not even the enduring of your present hardships in faith and belief in Christ will be rewarded.

Your suffering has much to deter you from keeping your faith. It is also the thing that can be your reward at His coming.

Consider carefully what is being said to you by the people on this site, they are not fools.

fivesense

WhiteKnuckle

Mar 29, 2009
Ah,,, The bully.

Bullies are cowards nothing more. They pick on people that they think are weaker than them, either emotionaly or physically. Now, this isn't to say that you are weak in either of these.

I know from my own experience how demeaning it can be and humiliating it all is. It's endlessly frustrating and can consume your whole life making you feel imprisioned. Afraid to go to school, or go out and do the things you love to do.

I had bully problems from the first time I went to school. Sometimes having to fight several at the same time. I had those problems all the way into Highschool.

I also know what it's like to want to die. I've even tried to commit suicide and survived. (I wont go into that story right now)

One thing, I'm an adult now of 33. I have a beautiful wife and 2 great kids. I have a nice place to live and a good job. Not to say there hasn't been struggles and hard times along the way.
Had I died when I thought I wanted to, I wouldn't be living the great life I have now.

They would've missed out on a great life, and I would've missed out.

I don't advocate violence, so I'm not suggesting that you go and fight this guy or these guys. Find someone that can help resolve this problem. As wussy as it sounds, try talking to this person. Sometimes standing up for yourself helps.

Another thing that sounds pretty stupid is,,,, Take some time when you're alone. Write down some qualities you like about yourself. Take an inventory of all the good things you have to offer the world. Daydream a little about your future. Imagine your life 10 or 20 years from now. Think of the type of person you WANT to be and WHO you want to be.

Don't allow these cowards to rob you of the joy of your life. As misserable as it is, don't let them bring you down just because they hate their lives. They're scared, and hurting inside, they feel weak and insecure and they feel worthless. They have very little self esteem and no speakable tallent or intellect. All they're trying to do is make themselves feel better, and they percieve in their mind that others look at them as strong.

A wise man once said, "Anyone can conquer the world. It takes a strong man to conquer himself."

Your life will get better. Don't Give up!

The Lord has many great things ahead for you and many more challenges.

fivesense

Mar 7, 2010
WI
This is the wisdom, and the power and the hope that God provides, Whiteknuckle. Your words are like gold and silver. Should the one in need refuse them, the loss and the opportunity of the future with Christ will be passed for isolation and sorrow. God grant us the grace to receive.
fivesense

skywalker

Jun 13, 2010
I will be praying for you.

Reading the responses above, I hope they will shed some truth onto you, and help you atleast realize that suicide is the wrong answer to your problems. Lift your heart to Christ, seek guidance from a close family friend, or councilor, but don't make the decision on your own. God gave you life, and it isn't yours to chose when to take it.

I am strongly against suicide, because I believe those we commit suicide are cowards. Look at it this way, using your situation as an example, if you were to commit suicide...then clearly the "bullies" are victorious. And that is exactly what Satan wants, he wants people to fall. Instead, lift your life to Christ, and if you truly believe in Gods love and purpose for you, you will be protected and good will come out of this situation of yours.
I hope I've made some sense to you, but just remember...God loves you for who you are, He made you in his image, He has a purpose for you....don't let Satan win.

My prayers are with you. God Bless!

-SkyWalker

Paul

Aug 19, 2006

How old are you? Are you a kid in school or are you a little older than that. Who are the bullies? Are they bigger than you? Take a year of karate and kick there butts. Or maybe you are just asking the question because you were the bully and the kid you were picking on killed them self and you feel guilty. And if you are truly an unbeliever, why are you worried about it? But maybe you aren't really an unbeliever; maybe you kind of believe but aren't yet persuaded?

What is your real question?

pastorlesofm

Community Guide
Jun 28, 2008
Central New York State
Unbeleiver, I kind of know where you are coming from. When I was in junior high, I was bullied by many classmates and other in school because I have a high pitched voice which my grandfather and father, along with my grandmother , aunt and uncle who all had high pitched voices. In fact I still do. I can't tell you how many times now when I'm talking or answering the phone instead of sir , I get mam. In school it was torture, I wanted to run right out of the school. Hated lunch time or recess for the teasing and bullying I had to face. How many times I broke down and just cried my eyes out. My Bible was my best friend, as it is today. I knew that Jesus is always there for me and loves me more than anyone else could ever love me. One thing I can say is that we all are created for His purpose, Jesus has a use for all of us. He doesn't make junk. We are all woth His everything to Him. Just know that if you where the only one on the Earth Jesus would still die for you. I reccomend a wonderful book for you to read: "THE PURPOSE DRIVEN LIFE" by Pastor Rick Warren. Pastor Warren answer a question I many times had ask and I trust you too ask, "what on earth am I here for". I regret that I didn't have this book along with my Bible when I was in school, but now you do. Pastor Warren answers this question through scripture. I believe along with the Word of God would benefit you greatly. It's quite an eye opener. Love you in Jesus Name, Pastor Les

WhiteKnuckle

Mar 29, 2009
Unbeleiver, I kind of know where you are coming from. When I was in junior high, I was bullied by many classmates and other in school because I have a high pitched voice which my grandfather and father, along with my grandmother , aunt and uncle who all had high pitched voices. In fact I still do. I can't tell you how many times now when I'm talking or answering the phone instead of sir , I get mam. In school it was torture, I wanted to run right out of the school. Hated lunch time or recess for the teasing and bullying I had to face. How many times I broke down and just cried my eyes out. My Bible was my best friend, as it is today. I knew that Jesus is always there for me and loves me more than anyone else could ever love me. One thing I can say is that we all are created for His purpose, Jesus has a use for all of us. He doesn't make junk. We are all woth His everything to Him. Just know that if you where the only one on the Earth Jesus would still die for you. I reccomend a wonderful book for you to read: "THE PURPOSE DRIVEN LIFE" by Pastor Rick Warren. Pastor Warren answer a question I many times had ask and I trust you too ask, "what on earth am I here for". I regret that I didn't have this book along with my Bible when I was in school, but now you do. Pastor Warren answers this question through scripture. I believe along with the Word of God would benefit you greatly. It's quite an eye opener. Love you in Jesus Name, Pastor Les

I love that! "God doesn't make junk." Amen!