Comparing oneself…..

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2 Corinthians 10:12b (RSV)
…………………………………………………………….But when they measure themselves by one another, and compare themselves with one another, they are without understanding.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Scripture puts forth that one is not to compare oneself with the strengths or the weaknesses one finds in another… This, scripture says, those that do, that they are without understanding…

The reason this is so, is because this comparing is a work of the self life… Which life is to be given over to death, so wherefore a dead man has no need to compare themselves with anyone… A dead man in Christ has but one job and that is to remain dead before the One who took them to death with Him…

This ends all comparing of one with another, for each believer is dead in Christ and each believer is to see the other as one who has been placed on the cross with Christ … This ends all strife and jealousies between believers… Seeing each other on the cross with Christ, knowing that God does all things well and in His time, all His, will be made to stand…

For comparing one with another is manifesting a desire to glory in one another’s flesh, that is, to elevate one, or to be elevated, both a work of the life of self… But even the more, this elevating keeps one’s eyes off of Christ and unto something of this world…

For if one would be a wise builder one needs to be a person of understanding and this understanding comes through one’s personal relationship with Christ… For if one is going to compare themselves, let it be this bar one is to be compared against, that is, the bar of righteousness… Which will bring one back to their death in Christ, so that they can be freed from all they find afoul with themselves…

Knowing that God is good, and that He loves and does all things well…

Be blessed as we become people of understanding…

A fellow believer, Not me

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Amen, brother. Jesus is our template. I wanna be like Jesus.
I wanna know where I'm not like Jesus. And I don't want to fight and argue with others. We need to encourage each other.
There's already too many denominations. If you see good in me, it's Jesus that you see. Not me.
If I'm elevated, I'll let you down...sooner or later. And if I don't humble myself, God will. Ouch! :)

Reactions: Nancy and Not me

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen, brother. Jesus is our template. I wanna be like Jesus.
I wanna know where I'm not like Jesus. And I don't want to fight and argue with others. We need to encourage each other.
There's already too many denominations. If you see good in me, it's Jesus that you see. Not me.
If I'm elevated, I'll let you down...sooner or later. And if I don't humble myself, God will. Ouch! :)

Nice!

Be blessed in knowing that the heart that would know God, will know God…

Be blessed in that knowing, Not me

Reactions: Truman

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good post @Not me
Comparing ourselves to one another is dangerous, and for the very reasons you stated. I have a friend who feels guilty because she doesn't lift her arms during praise and worship. I have spoken to her about this as, I once felt that way too although, I do raise my arms, with EYES CLOSED! But, I did not always do that...it comes naturally now but, I hate when I see others ( and also myself at times) feeling "less than"...less than saved, less than a Ah, so many distractions in so many church's now.
Christ focus!
All love in His Name.

Reactions: Wynona and Not me

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good post @Not me
Comparing ourselves to one another is dangerous, and for the very reasons you stated. I have a friend who feels guilty because she doesn't lift her arms during praise and worship. I have spoken to her about this as, I once felt that way too although, I do raise my arms, with EYES CLOSED! But, I did not always do that...it comes naturally now but, I hate when I see others ( and also myself at times) feeling "less than"...less than saved, less than a Ah, so many distractions in so many church's now.
Christ focus!
All love in His Name.

As we experience Him do the distractions become less.. Enjoy your worship as the heart is lead to express…

Be so very blessed in your relationship with Jesus…

Reactions: Nancy