Completion In Mind 2

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OK, I'm sorry, I understand!

But I didn't see that passage about crucifying ourselves, was there in fact one? Because it's already happened. But I repeat myself! Sorry again!

Much love!
Actually using the word crucifying, perhaps not, but Paul writes to dying daily and mortifying/killing our own members. This does relate... even if a crucifixion were not involved. But if there were not a crucifixion of us, then why take up our own cross? What is the purpose of our cross?

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Really? And who is this satan character anyway? If it were only the "old man" of me, my own devil, then it would be me telling me how well I have done. I don't do that. I know that anything good I have done is of God anything evil I have done is of me.

If satan were some heavenly entity fallen from the grace of God, then to me it would be that stranger whose voice I should not be able to hear and to whom I certainly should pay no real attention.

You are a wise man. You should be able to discern who the man is that goes away. The Parable confirms that it is not Jesus speaking but Satan.

Shalom

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are a wise man. You should be able to discern who the man is that goes away. The Parable confirms that it is not Jesus speaking but Satan.

Shalom
Whatever I am, I am not all knowing, and I certainly know that I am not. I have heard of this before, but have not seen it myself nor heard it explained. I have never paid it any mind because satan himself has always been a question for me. I would not mind hearing why you believe it was satan rather than Jesus who went off to a far country... that is if you don't mind explaining your reasons. Thank you for your time.

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If any of us still sin at all, to me that means that the old man is NOT dead. Who can kill him? Who killed Jesus?

Romans 6:6,

6 Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.

Seperate soul and spirit in the scriptures. We all sin in the flesh, it does not come from spirit, 1 John 3:9,

9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

All Christian sin comes from an unrenewed mind (soul) and is a result of body pulls (flesh). Nothing wrong with self, it is the very one of a kind uniqueness God created the human being with. Selfishness and the appetites of the flesh need to be held in check, but never is there a ridding of self. That is your expression to the father, the Christian and the love they have for their father will have to play a roll in lifestyle.

Last edited:

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romans 6:6,

6 Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.

Seperate soul and spirit in the scriptures. We all sin in the flesh, it does not come from spirit, 1 John 3:9,

9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

All Christian sin comes from an unrenewed mind (soul) and is a result of body pulls (flesh). Nothing wrong with self, it is the very one of a kind uniqueness God created the human being with. Selfishness and the appetites of the flesh need to be held in check, but never is there a ridding of self. That is your expression to the father, the Christian and the love they have for their father will have to play a roll in lifestyle.
The old man has a spirit, a corrupted spirit, while the new man has the Spirit, an uncorruptible Spirit, the Holy Spirit. If the Holy Spirit was always in control we would never sin. We would never do anything that displeased God. If the spirit of the old man is in control we will sin as we do until the old man is finally completely killed.
Each time we, who ultimately are in control, quench the Holy Spirit in us [limit God], we are taking back the reins given to God when we repented. This is Israel of old did in the OT:

"Yea, they turned back and tempted God, and limited the Holy One of Israel." Psalm 78:41

The crucifixion of you and me is happening. It is not finished. If it were finished, there be no more temptations and therefore no more sins. The beasts have not yet all been killed:

"She [wisdom] hath killed her beasts; she hath mingled her wine; she hath also furnished her table." Prov 9:2

God through the Word [Jesus] and the Holy Spirit provided us with the means to kill all of our beasts, that is to kill the old man completely, but we must continue to do it until we run out of the time allowed to us by God. Enduring the end is what is needed. If we stop beforehand, we are dead.

Reactions: soul man

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The crucifixion of you and me is happening. It is not finished. If it were finished, there be no more temptations and therefore no more sins. The beasts have not yet all been killed:
That's not Biblical.

We have been crucified in Christ. Every passage that says this declares a finished event. if you examine them for what they say you will see this.

Much love!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's not Biblical.

We have been crucified in Christ. Every passage that says this declares a finished event. if you examine them for what they say you will see this.

Much love!
Sorry but I disagree. I would not have said it I did not believe it and it is all in the scriptures. Going through every scripture is not going to change your mind... nor mine... unless God is in the change.

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The old man has a spirit, a corrupted spirit, while the new man has the Spirit, an uncorruptible Spirit, the Holy Spirit. If the Holy Spirit was always in control we would never sin. We would never do anything that displeased God. If the spirit of the old man is in control we will sin as we do until the old man is finally completely killed.
Each time we, who ultimately are in control, quench the Holy Spirit in us [limit God], we are taking back the reins given to God when we repented. This is Israel of old did in the OT:

"Yea, they turned back and tempted God, and limited the Holy One of Israel." Psalm 78:41

"She [wisdom] hath killed her beasts; she hath mingled her wine; she hath also furnished her table." Prov 9:2

God through the Word [Jesus] and the Holy Spirit provided us with the means to kill all of our beasts, that is to kill the old man completely, but we must continue to do it until we run out of the time allowed to us by God. Enduring the end is what is needed. If we stop beforehand, we are dead.

I understand what you are saying, we all are trying to put the scriptures together at some point. It is ok to have different understandings, that does not make us bad or wrong or however someone would look at it. It is very much ok to agree to disagree, thanks for your response, bless you amadeus

Reactions: amadeus

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I understand what you are saying, we all are trying to put the scriptures together at some point. It is ok to have different understandings, that does not make us bad or wrong or however someone would look at it. It is very much ok to agree to disagree, thanks for your response, bless you amadeus
Amen! God is always looking at our hearts and our progress [growth].

In each day we should be growing toward God. Each of us will usually if not always be in different places in our growth. In addition to this which applies generally, each of us is a different and separate part of the Body of Christ and is being prepared for whatever that part's function is to be.
Give God the glory!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry but I disagree. I would not have said it I did not believe it and it is all in the scriptures. Going through every scripture is not going to change your mind... nor mine... unless God is in the change.
All you need do is to examine the passages themselves, for what they say on their own. You don't need to hear another word from me. This is a simple matter. But not so simple, what's truly wrong.

Until we understand that It Is Finished, how will we ever even begin?

Much love!

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You must watch Christ in you! you learn him who is your life because he is expressed through your creation. You come into union with Christ in you. What exactly does that mean? It means you have been joined to the Lord by a birthing and you have learned to have that expression. A true expression of your true self, of who you are. Who are you? You are a Christian by Christ in you and that came about by being born again, a literal birthing. Ultimately you will say I am who I am by Christ in me.

You dont get to be a Christian by anything you do. You have got to listen to the Spirit on the matter. There was nothing you could do to birth yourself, just like you had absulutely nothing to do with your natural birth you had absulutely nothing to do with your spiritual birth. We believe, but the birthing process is totally a father thing. "You must be born again."

As long as your two persons there has been no understanding of union, no complete oneness of accord. It is a mind issue at this point, religion will divide you at this juncture to keep Christ as an add on. You and he (Christ) are supposed to skip through this world as two, two opposites. One saint and one sinner, if your sins build up to much ask the saint to forgive you. What's wrong with that kind of a mindset? No union of expression, no oneness of your creation to be who God created you to be.

You have to remember that the only completion that has ever existed is "in Christ." Christ completes your creation, you knowing it free's the mind to give proper expression to your creation.

I get more out of watching Christ in others. Christ within us is too integrated into our core to gain a good perspective - at least this is my experience.

I like your post - my experience in contemplation has revealed that God has always been with me....I am not sure how that squares with the doctrines that lead us to believe we are required to ‘ask Jesus into our heart’ - I guess we will find out the sequence of events in Heaven. I do not spent too much time on Justification because it is so beyond my understanding - I just know that Jesus loves us and we are chosen by God to be the flock of His fields. Besides, I have a job to do - practicing my sanctification with Jesus, by loving others.