Compramise

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Born_Again

Nov 5, 2014
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We live in an expendable world........
Let me elaborate..... I was in the store yesterday and I saw someone who had obviously had cosmetice surgury. I'm pretty sure most peoples eyebrwos dont sit that high...
Any way,

Man has created such a world where if you dont like it, you simply replace it. YOu dont like your car, get a new one. If you dont like your house, you get a new one. If you dont like your job, you get a new one. Most importantly, if you dont like your spouse, you get a new one. These thoughts rolled through my head as I walked from the store to my car. I pondered on the spouse part for a little bit. "Maybe the next one will be different." There is no guarentee another spouse could be much different. Your taste in spouses are likely to stay the same. You are who you are. God made you that way! Whoa!!! Did I say next??? Next, like you can sort through them of there will be a steady flow of them???

As a culture we no longer compramise. We dont try to work with what we have, what God gave us. Socially, we just trade out. Does God compramise?? He laid out the rules of the road and I'm pretty sure they are non-negotiable...

What are your thoughts? I am a very open person when it comes to opinion, so if you think I'm wrong, please say so but have a reason why please! B)

Rocky Wiley

Aug 28, 2012
Southeast USA
Born_Again said:
As a culture we no longer compramise. We dont try to work with what we have, what God gave us. Socially, we just trade out. Does God compramise?? He laid out the rules of the road and I'm pretty sure they are non-negotiable...

What are your thoughts? I am a very open person when it comes to opinion, so if you think I'm wrong, please say so but have a reason why please! B)
Hi Born_Again,
Welcome to the forum. Your username implies that you are my brother. So let me respond by scripture how God feels about compromise.
Joh 7:38 He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.
Joh 4:14 But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life.

Living water is eternal life and we can have it if we believe on Jesus as the scripture says.

Rom 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
If one has sin in their life they will face death, but if we receive the gift of God, we can have eternal life.

What does one have to do to receive that gift according to scripture?

Joh 3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
One will not be able to see the kingdom of God unless they be born again.

Joh 3:4 Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?
Joh 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
Joh 3:6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
One cannot enter into the kingdom of God without being born of water and Spirit (Holy Ghost is another word for Spirit). We must be born of God (Holy Ghost) to be spiritual. The carnal man is not going to enter into the kingdom of God (according to Jesus), it is the spiritual man that goes on to be with God.

2Ti 1:14 That good thing which was committed unto thee keep by the Holy Ghost which dwelleth in us.

1Jn 3:24 And he that keepeth his commandments dwelleth in him, and he in him. And hereby we know that he abideth in us, by the Spirit which he hath given us.

1Jn 4:13 Hereby know we that we dwell in him, and he in us, because he hath given us of his Spirit.

There is no compromise in what Jesus said. Are there other things we need to do to live for God? Yes, but without being born again one is only living a good life here on earth, not in the spiritual world.

I agree with you, God’s instructions are non-negotiable...
[SIZE=12pt] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt] [/SIZE]