Conclusive That Jesus is AGAINST Weapons!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ByGraceThroughFaith

Mar 14, 2021
Dudley
trinitystudies.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
For those who keep on misquoting Luke 22:36, to try to "prove" that Jesus Christ sanctions the use of weapons, the passage later in this same chapter is conclusive that this is WRONG

While he was still speaking, there came a crowd, and the man called Judas, one of the twelve, was leading them. He drew near to Jesus to kiss him, but Jesus said to him, “Judas, would you betray the Son of Man with a kiss?” And when those who were around him saw what would follow, they said, “Lord, shall we strike with the sword?” And one of them struck the servant of the high priest and cut off his right ear. But Jesus said, “No more of this!” And he touched his ear and healed him. Then Jesus said to the chief priests and officers of the temple and elders, who had come out against him, “Have you come out as against a robber, with swords and clubs? When I was with you day after day in the temple, you did not lay hands on me. But this is your hour, and the power of darkness.” (verses 47-53)

Jesus says NO MORE OF THIS, which is the same as Matthew 26:52, IT IS ENOUGH.

What does Jesus do or say after Peter cuts of the ear of the high priest? Jesus HEALS the ear! Jesus did not say, well done Peter, this is the way to go! NO, Jesus shows MERCY and COMPASSION!

This passage is beyond any doubt the clincher against Christians using weapons to defend themselves!

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
For those who keep on misquoting Luke 22:36, to try to "prove" that Jesus Christ sanctions the use of weapons, the passage later in this same chapter is conclusive that this is WRONG

While he was still speaking, there came a crowd, and the man called Judas, one of the twelve, was leading them. He drew near to Jesus to kiss him, but Jesus said to him, “Judas, would you betray the Son of Man with a kiss?” And when those who were around him saw what would follow, they said, “Lord, shall we strike with the sword?” And one of them struck the servant of the high priest and cut off his right ear. But Jesus said, “No more of this!” And he touched his ear and healed him. Then Jesus said to the chief priests and officers of the temple and elders, who had come out against him, “Have you come out as against a robber, with swords and clubs? When I was with you day after day in the temple, you did not lay hands on me. But this is your hour, and the power of darkness.” (verses 47-53)

Jesus says NO MORE OF THIS, which is the same as Matthew 26:52, IT IS ENOUGH.

What does Jesus do or say after Peter cuts of the ear of the high priest? Jesus HEALS the ear! Jesus did not say, well done Peter, this is the way to go! NO, Jesus shows MERCY and COMPASSION!

This passage is beyond any doubt the clincher against Christians using weapons to defend themselves!

LoL are you still going on about this... :D
It must be your favourite subject atm.
At least you weren't rude about it this time...

The passage you quoted is about using a weapon. It's not about simply having one.
The fact that Peter was carrying a weapon says a lot. Christ never rebuked him for that

A kitchen knife is a weapon and I'm guessing you have some in your kitchen, right? Well then?

Theres nothing wrong with owning a weapon if you don't use it on someone

Last edited:

ByGraceThroughFaith

Mar 14, 2021
Dudley
trinitystudies.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
LoL are you still going on about this... :D
It must be your favourite subject atm.
At least you weren't rude about it this time...

The passage you quoted is about using a weapon. It's not about simply having one.
The fact that Peter was carrying a weapon says a lot. Christ never rebuked him for that

A kitchen knife is a weapon and I'm guessing you have some in your kitchen, right? Well then?

Theres nothing wrong with owning a weapon if you don't use it on someone

Jesus is clear by healing the ear, and not allowing the person to bleed to death, that He OPPOSES such actions from His followers.

Jesus told Peter to put his sword away, which means NO MORE USE OF IT!

Matthew 26:52, "Then Jesus said to him, “Put your sword back into its place. For all who take the sword will perish by the sword"

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Jesus is clear by healing the ear, and not allowing the person to bleed to death, that He OPPOSES such actions from His followers.

Jesus told Peter to put his sword away, which means NO MORE USE OF IT!

Matthew 26:52, "Then Jesus said to him, “Put your sword back into its place. For all who take the sword will perish by the sword"

I don't condone using weapons either but are we talking about using weapons or just owning them?
I'm saying there is nothing wrong with owning a weapon if you don't use it on people

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
you mean to kill animals?

Your back. Shouldn't you be fast asleep over there? :)

Why are you misrepresenting my post? I said nothing about killing animals
I said there is nothing wrong with owning a weapon if its not used on people.
Please don't misrepresent me like that its not very nice.:oops:

But if you want to talk about animals, don't you eat meat? Someone killed that animal for you
Where in the bible does it say we can't eat meat? No where

ByGraceThroughFaith

Mar 14, 2021
Dudley
trinitystudies.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Your back. Shouldn't you be fast asleep over there? :)

Why are you misrepresenting my post? I said nothing about killing animals
I said there is nothing wrong with owning a weapon if its not used on people.
Please don't misrepresent me like that its not very nice.:oops:

But if you want to talk about animals, don't you eat meat? Someone killed that animal for you
Where in the bible does it say we can't eat meat? No where

You said not for humans. I asked for animals. If not either then would you use a gun to shoot in the air

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You said not for humans. I asked for animals. If not either then would you use a gun to shoot in the air

Again your totally misrepresenting what i said and you ignored my question
I can't be bothered with such rudeness
Goodbye and God bless

Status
Not open for further replies.