Conclusive That Jesus is AGAINST Weapons!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You're conflating making war in the Old Testament with making it okay for nations to have defense systems? Have you "lost your marbles"?

Hello Jim b.
Call your local national guard and tell them to shut it down.

Speak for yourself! I never have the kind of thoughts that you describe. You should seek help! (I'm serious!)

You never have gotten pissed off before?

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello Jim b.
Call your local national guard and tell them to shut it down.

You never have gotten pissed off before?

Have I ever gotten angry? Of course. But, as much as possible, I don't let the sun go down on my anger.

Ephesians 4:25-27, "Therefore, having laid aside falsehood, each one of you speak the truth with his neighbor, because we are members of one another. Be angry and do not sin; do not let the sun go down on the cause of your anger. Do not give the devil an opportunity."

Ephesians 4:31-32, " You must put away all bitterness, anger, wrath, quarreling, and slanderous talk—indeed all malice. Instead, be kind to one another, compassionate, forgiving one another, just as God in Christ also forgave you."

Your comment about the National Guard is irrational!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is good you dont let the sun go down on your anger, Jim B. I never knew those scriptures existed for 26 years worth of my life in all honesty, as I never sought or read the Bible all that much for those 26 years.

So to be open and transparent I have let my anger go down with the sun and woke up still mad and frustrated. Still get frustrated and angry even today but these day I go to God about it.

Anyway thank you for your advice to get help, the only answer is Jesus.

God bless you brother, thank you again for your wise advice and scripture.

Last edited:

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For those who keep on misquoting Luke 22:36, to try to "prove" that Jesus Christ sanctions the use of weapons, the passage later in this same chapter is conclusive that this is WRONG

While he was still speaking, there came a crowd, and the man called Judas, one of the twelve, was leading them. He drew near to Jesus to kiss him, but Jesus said to him, “Judas, would you betray the Son of Man with a kiss?” And when those who were around him saw what would follow, they said, “Lord, shall we strike with the sword?” And one of them struck the servant of the high priest and cut off his right ear. But Jesus said, “No more of this!” And he touched his ear and healed him. Then Jesus said to the chief priests and officers of the temple and elders, who had come out against him, “Have you come out as against a robber, with swords and clubs? When I was with you day after day in the temple, you did not lay hands on me. But this is your hour, and the power of darkness.” (verses 47-53)

Jesus says NO MORE OF THIS, which is the same as Matthew 26:52, IT IS ENOUGH.

What does Jesus do or say after Peter cuts of the ear of the high priest? Jesus HEALS the ear! Jesus did not say, well done Peter, this is the way to go! NO, Jesus shows MERCY and COMPASSION!

This passage is beyond any doubt the clincher against Christians using weapons to defend themselves!
God is not against weapons. God has his own weapons:

Deuteronomy 32:39

King James Version

39 See now that I, even I, am he, and there is no god with me: I kill, and I make alive; I wound, and I heal: neither is there any that can deliver out of my hand.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was in agreement with you until I read your diatribe against liberal governments. Then you "went south". Too bad! The "liberal agenda" is the only secular project that can save the USA!
It serves the dragon my friend . But i make no excuse for the conservative as most all of them are in the same bed
that has been prepared of the dragon . Its time we simply follow and learn Christ .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I actually feel very sad and sorry for our cousins across the pond :eek:
This world has tanked my friend . My sister in the UK will surely tell ya those churches are as tanked as is ours and so is their govt as tanked
as ours as well . The only difference is , The elites in part run a lot of power from amercia . But ameriKA aint alone
They got them a D TEN . TEN KINGS are ruling the western worlds now and behave as though they do all
for the good of the people , When in truth they deceive the people . Its long been at work , THAT OL MYSTERY of INQUITY
has not rested since even the days of paul . ITS JUST GROWN MASSIVE NOW . As for the lambs we shall follow Christ
no matter the cost . The end of a lamb , when it draws its last breath , OR WHEN JESUS DOES COME , IS WONDERFUL GOOD
for a lamb . Death has no victory over a lamb , FOR JESUS HAS CONQURED Death and in HIM the lambs do live
and though the body die , the soul shall only be forever with HE who saved it . Now hands up , cause ITS LORD PRAISING TIME .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

ByGraceThroughFaith

Mar 14, 2021
Dudley
trinitystudies.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
God is not against weapons. God has his own weapons:

Deuteronomy 32:39

King James Version

39 See now that I, even I, am he, and there is no god with me: I kill, and I make alive; I wound, and I heal: neither is there any that can deliver out of my hand.

GOD is GOD, and has no equal. so your reference to this verse is moot!

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
GOD is GOD, and has no equal. so your reference to this verse is moot!
It is against God to murder not kill. We still kill animals as part of our feast. And that requires weapons. In the old testament there was a lot of killing. And that hasn't stopped with dictators and tyrants. If we were invaded they would give us guns like the Ukraine did. I think the ideas your providing here are naive and the product of years of peace taken for granted.

I served in the military and know the value of defending a free land. Granted the democrats go to war for the wrong reasons. But not everyone does.

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
yeah, they might hold the Holy Bible in their hands, and pray, but that same Bible does NOT justify the use of firearms unless the Lord says so!

If people hadn't taken up arms, half the world would be run by the nazis by now, and the other half run by the japs..:)

p-38-yamamoto.jpg

ByGraceThroughFaith

Mar 14, 2021
Dudley
trinitystudies.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
It is against God to murder not kill. We still kill animals as part of our feast. And that requires weapons. In the old testament there was a lot of killing. And that hasn't stopped with dictators and tyrants. If we were invaded they would give us guns like the Ukraine did. I think the ideas your providing here are naive and the product of years of peace taken for granted.

I served in the military and know the value of defending a free land. Granted the democrats go to war for the wrong reasons. But not everyone does.

weapons are are freely available in the US, as per your "constitution", are used to commit mass murders, which seem to be on a weekly basis.

I see no NT Scripture that gives any follower of the Lord Jesus Christ, and "right" to own a gun, for "defending". God is more than able to do this for us.

The defence of any country that is not "Christian" in its beliefs and ways, can be provided for by the secular govenrments as they choose. There are examples in the OT, where God fought for His People, and defeated their enemies.

ByGraceThroughFaith

Mar 14, 2021
Dudley
trinitystudies.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
If people hadn't taken up arms, half the world would be run by the nazis by now, and the other half run by the japs..:)

View attachment 23246

IS the ALMIGHTY GOD of the Bible Sovereign, or not? Is He ALBLE to provide direct protection for His People, at ALL times, or is His Power limited? I am talking about CHRISTIANS, those who follow Jesus Christ as their Saviour and Lord; that He is very much ABLE to protect us in every situation. If the godless world wants to blow each other up, then they can do so. It is not granted in the New Testament, that any Christian own a weapon.

Christians are clearly told to TURN THE OTHER CHEEK, which means that we are not to RETALIATE, because the Lord says that vengeance is HIS, and He will repay as and when He sees fit.

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
..Christians are clearly told to TURN THE OTHER CHEEK, which means that we are not to RETALIATE, because the Lord says that vengeance is HIS, and He will repay as and when He sees fit.

"The target marker flares looked quite pretty floating slowly down in the night sky" my mother told me when the Luftwaffe bombed her home city of Leicester in WW2 when she was 18.
She and her family survived but others didn't, so the majority of Brits were all for doing D-Day to stop Hitler, who's to judge?

luft-leic.jpg

Reactions: dev553344

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
"Oh, how comely it is and how reviving
To the Spirits of just men long opprest!
When God into the hands of their deliverer
Puts invincible might"
- John Milton 1608-74

spitfire.jpg

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"The target marker flares looked quite pretty floating slowly down in the night sky" my mother told me when the Luftwaffe bombed her home city of Leicester in WW2 when she was 18.
She and her family survived but others didn't, so the majority of Brits were all for doing D-Day to stop Hitler, who's to judge?

View attachment 23247
That's the point I was going to make to @ByGraceThroughFaith, I think I'll just step out of the conversation now as it's not productive and some people hold onto certain passages and ignore others. The new testament can be seen both supporting weapons and turning the other cheek. I think the point is that we have wisdom to know when to use weapons and when to turn the other cheek.

The New Testament martyrs were there because they couldn't stop the government from killing them with swords so it wouldn't do any good. But if it could have done good perhaps God would have supported it like in the Old Testament. @ByGraceThroughFaith you appear to be stuck in the New Testament for your arguments. But we have both old and new testaments that are both true. God does not change so your arguments about the new testament are mute.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For those who keep on misquoting Luke 22:36, to try to "prove" that Jesus Christ sanctions the use of weapons, the passage later in this same chapter is conclusive that this is WRONG

While he was still speaking, there came a crowd, and the man called Judas, one of the twelve, was leading them. He drew near to Jesus to kiss him, but Jesus said to him, “Judas, would you betray the Son of Man with a kiss?” And when those who were around him saw what would follow, they said, “Lord, shall we strike with the sword?” And one of them struck the servant of the high priest and cut off his right ear. But Jesus said, “No more of this!” And he touched his ear and healed him. Then Jesus said to the chief priests and officers of the temple and elders, who had come out against him, “Have you come out as against a robber, with swords and clubs? When I was with you day after day in the temple, you did not lay hands on me. But this is your hour, and the power of darkness.” (verses 47-53)

Jesus says NO MORE OF THIS, which is the same as Matthew 26:52, IT IS ENOUGH.

What does Jesus do or say after Peter cuts of the ear of the high priest? Jesus HEALS the ear! Jesus did not say, well done Peter, this is the way to go! NO, Jesus shows MERCY and COMPASSION!

This passage is beyond any doubt the clincher against Christians using weapons to defend themselves!
Your whole argument is DESTROYED by the fact

1. Peter OPEN carried a sword and Jesus did not tell them to stop carrying
2. Jesus did not tell Peter to stop carrying a sword.
3. Jesus response was that What they were doing was in Gods will. Jesus told them over and over he would be arrested and charged and killed. So it should not have been a surprise to them.. ie, peter should never have pulled his weapon because he should have known this will happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.