Conditions to Revival 2 Chron 7:14

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

r4hnsn

Feb 18, 2016
There are conditions (atmosphere) that we can fulfill, that make it irresistible for God to not come down and wash us aflood with His power and glory.

2 Chron 7:14 KJV

1. If my people who are called by my Name - Born again believers

2. Will humble themselves - Admit helplessness and reliance only God

3. Pray and seek my face - really desire intensely Gods will

4. Turn from their wicked ways - Stop doing what Holy Spirit has been grieving over.

Then I will hear from hear from heaven - Stir up my forces

Forgive their sin - Blot out the memory and cancel the wrath

And heal their land - Restore their former or intended glory (as in the garden)

Almost all of church history shows a belief that Gods revivals are sovereign and out of our power. Yet it is also true that we can make ourselves irresistible to God to want to help us.

Every parent knows this, though our child plead and cajole us we remain resolute and steadfast, but should that child be savvy, cute or admirable etc it can often cause us to yield, even with laughter.

Charles Finney and his prayer warriors prove this also by calling down revival usually within a few weeks or months, in every place they went. And He states that if he lost the anointing of the Holy Spirit, a day of prayer and fasting would without see its return. He lived in the power of God under this anointing for 54 yrs, Often holding down the positions of Evangelist, Pastor and Proffessor of theological seminar simultaneously.

My point is that God is waiting for us, it`s not the other way around.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Great post, it's pretty simple the recipe for Revival, yet so complicated for so many, the sleeping church always has their excuses, they can't find the time, they always keep themselves too busy doing things of this world, they don't have to be busy, but they always feel that they have to be doing something other than spending time with God, then they rely on other human beings 1st before God, yes unfortunately there are cases of Christians relying on Psychics before God, that's how far wrong it goes, the reliance on things, the world then starts to influence them and they are lead into more sinful activities.

If the Body of Christ were to repent and spend more time with the Holy Ghost, it would make a huge difference, we would hear a lot more from him, we would see more in the supernatural, people would even discover what their spiritual gifts are and activate them, and start using them, we wouldn't be running around like a chicken without a head, the Holy Spirit's guidance would be clearer than ever. As a result whole towns and cities would be getting saved, there would be a lot more true prophets, be a lot more Christians giving words of knowledge, healings would increase massively, you would hear of a lot more resurrections, demons being cast out, people wouldn't be going to the doctor they would be going to get help from the almighty power that we carry inside of us instead, the Holy Ghost, people wouldn't have to specifically go to Benny Hinn either, they could just go to any Christian neighbor and get instant results, if you are saved you carry the same power as Benny Hinn and Smiths Wigglesworth anyway, you could walk up to someone with a cancer lay your hands on it, and say "be gone" and the cancer will shrivel up, die and fall off onto the ground. The effects are enormous if we were to put in the effort to take a closer walk with the Holy Spirit. So encourage your brothers and sisters in Christ, to get their heads out of the natural and up into the clouds, get them up into the supernatural, get them spending some real time with the Holy Ghost. And I'm still striving to spend more time with him, because it's amazing what you discover when you do and discover what you can do with that Holy Ghost man living inside of ya. ;)