Confusing, yet familiar

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The Frostbite finally got her fingers.....one lone Period was all she could type.....it’s gonna get a lot worse before it gets better.....her evil frigid air is already slowly creeping to Ohio.....
Got my visa to leave Canada... coming to a neighbourhood near you SOON... HAHAHA.

Reactions: Gospel Believer

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A VERY Big thing that people neglect is to REST in the Gospel Of Grace.....One seldom hears about this, but this “ REST” is a Command Of God Found in Hebrews 3 and 4 and if you ignore this Command God will declare you guilty of “Disobedience and Unbelief” —- the Modern- Day Equivalent to the Unbelieving Jews that failed to enter the Land Promise...REST in Paul’s Gospel Of Grace Found In 1Cor15:1-4—- that means don't ADD to it with ANYTHING or you will “ Fall From Grace”
This is being at rest in God...

"22But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23gentleness, and self-control. Against such things there is no law.24Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires." Galatians 5:21-22

If you aren't living like this, you aren't at rest in God. You're still a slave serving the harsh task master of sin. The passions and desires of your flesh have not been crucified in Christ.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think that Christians expend too much energy worrying about “ their” Performance
I think you're dead wrong. The OPPOSITE is true. They give no commanded diligence and striving to progressing towards the holiness we are commanded to walk in. They take false comfort in a works-less profession of faith thinking that is the faith that justifies all by itself apart from works.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
See, the mistake you're making, BB....I mean, GB....is saying you don't have to worry about your performance. Rather what you should be saying is, be concerned about your performance JUST DON'T MAKE A WORKS GOSPEL OUT OF THAT! For you are surely to be concerned about striving toward holiness and growth in Christ (2 peter 1:5). That is what the Bible tells us to do, and to do it diligently in order to make our calling and election sure (2 Peter 1:10). But that hardly means you do that in your own strength and in your own righteousness, and certainly not to EARN your salvation! But that seems to be the only way you are able to hear the call to strive towards holiness. It's not a call to be self-righteous. it's a call to be the new creation you actually are......if you really are one. It confirms that you really are the 'nothing but the blood', justified, saved person you claim with your mouth to be.

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I think that Christians expend too much energy worrying about “ their” Performance and not enough time doing the thing that Saves them—- Worshipping “ HIM” and HIS Performance..... The Gospel is ALL about what God did for Lost, Sinful Men —— NOT what Men did ( or do) for God.....
I will try this again... as it seems you did not appreciate my general agreement of YEP.
I absolutely agree with the above statement... sadly... the legalists need all the sales revenue from their Do GOOD and Be GOOD t-shirts.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
be concerned about your performance JUST DON'T MAKE A WORKS GOSPEL OUT OF THAT!
How much concern should you have, and why exactly?

Put your attention onto Jesus, and heavenly things. And everything else comes after that. You may be surprised at how little attention you will want to give to yourself.

Much love!

Reactions: Gospel Believer

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I will try this again... as it seems you did not appreciate my general agreement of YEP.
I absolutely agree with the above statement... sadly... the legalists need all the sales revenue from their Do GOOD and Be GOOD t-shirts.
@stunnedbygrace is exactly right on this point, leave judging to Jesus.

Much love!

Gospel Believer

Aug 2, 2019
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The only people who speak like this.... are Americans who try to imitate Canadians.

Sorry, my Great White North Friend......I used to work at a Chemical Plant where one of the items we produced was Acetone ( think finger- nail polish remover) .....one of my jobs was to load 8000 gal Trucks with this product.....one of the Truck Drivers that came in to be loaded was a very friendly Canadian man.....he was always eating back-bacon, drinking beer ,talking ice hockey , called everybody “ Hoser” and put a hearty” Eh” at the end of every sentence.....your apologies are accepted......hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahha.....

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think you're dead wrong. The OPPOSITE is true. They give no commanded diligence and striving to progressing towards the holiness we are commanded to walk in. They take false comfort in a works-less profession of faith thinking that is the faith that justifies all by itself apart from works.

Everyone has opinions of others, and many feel very free to freely share their negative opinions of others.

We're supposed to be giving grace with our words. They?? Who are "they" whom you feel free to malign?

As often as I point to this with people, for the most part, everyone doubles down on their generalizations and stereotypes, and justifies themself. Will you?

Much love!

Gospel Believer

Aug 2, 2019
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Their is nothing inherently wrong with trying to conjure up the best Performance that you are capable of—— just don’t think that it plays a part in your Salvation—— THAT was a “ Gift” remember? GIVEN to those that DONT WORK for it......Given , in fact, “ to the UNgodly”......

Your Performance will be a meaningful thing when Crowns are passed out in Heaven—- How much did you give to the Things Of God.....How many people did you deliver the Gospel to, etc.....

A “ good performance” can be a great thing.....it’s like Obedience....God will bless you for having a Performance that includes obeying Him.....He just won’t SAVE you because of it.....we get SAVED by putting our complete Trust in Paul’s Gospel Found In 1Cor15:1-4 ( Given to Him by Jesus) Polish up your Performance all you want, but when it comes to your SALVATION ....The Song has it RIGHT! It really *IS* NOTHING BUT THE BLOOD......don’t find that out when it is too late....it could mean Trouble.....BIG Trouble.......

Reactions: Addy

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
...called everybody “ Hoser” and put a hearty” Eh” at the end of every sentence.
And this is a problem why, again?

I lived in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan for two years (you know, that place where Canadians go for Spring break). Shoulda never left.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Their is nothing inherently wrong with trying to conjure up the best Performance that you are capable of—— just don’t think that it plays a part in your Salvation
Why are you going here? Is this what you think I'm saying, again, even though I made it clear that's not what I'm saying, and explained what I was saying?

Last edited:

Gospel Believer

Aug 2, 2019
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
...called everybody “ Hoser” and put a hearty” Eh” at the end of every sentence.
And this is a problem why, again?

I am joking with a friend , eh?

Blood Bought 1953

Gospel Believer

Aug 2, 2019
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
See, the mistake you're making, BB....I mean, GB....is saying you don't have to worry about your performance. Rather what you should be saying is, be concerned about your performance JUST DON'T MAKE A WORKS GOSPEL OUT OF THAT! For you are surely to be concerned about striving toward holiness and growth in Christ (2 peter 1:5). That is what the Bible tells us to do, and to do it diligently in order to make our calling and election sure (2 Peter 1:10). But that hardly means you do that in your own strength and in your own righteousness, and certainly not to EARN your salvation! But that seems to be the only way you are able to hear the call to strive towards holiness. It's not a call to be self-righteous. it's a call to be the new creation you actually are......if you really are one. It confirms that you really are the 'nothing but the blood', justified, saved person you claim with your mouth to be.

All I say is don’t worry about your Performance as far as your SALVATION is concerned....it’s a GIFT “ given to those that do not work for it” ......” God's gifts are without recall” .....Faith is Believing the Promises Of God .....Many don't care about the Promises Of God.....they don't think they need them....The are too busy being proud of their great Character .....

What do you claim with YOUR “ Mouth?” Nothing But The Blood Plus Lucky Repentance from the Willful Sins discussed in Heb 10....... Your willful ignorance of Heb 10 requires you to Twist the entire Bible to revolve around One misunderstood verse.....Newbies Without “ Stiff necks” willing to learn from a God- Sent Teacher can google “ Andrew Farley Hebrews 6 and 10” ......sleep better when unnecessary fear is removed from these misunderstood and scary verses....Andrew Farley is only one of many teachers out there that get it right......So simple to see it when it is preached In Context ....

Blood Bought 1953

Last edited:
Reactions: Addy