Congress is a waste of time and effort.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bluedragon

Aug 7, 2021
Birmingham, Al
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've had CSPAN on and wacthed several hearings the past few days. Congress is a train wreck ....

Hold a Hearing ....all you get is "You did this" "You didn't do that" nothing but mud slinging. Useless

I had a Federal Contract involving several thousand controls. We were the only control communicating with the system. Except for a minor glitch in communication .....Our glitch would lock up the system. Programming tried band aides ....lock up ....three times.
Got a call from the director of the project in Oregon. I called a meeting with Engineering. I know the way to the hearts of engineers, buy them lunch, they will come. Lunch waiting, engineers in the room, one empty chair. I was always first, prepared and ready to go ......my chair was empty. Marketing Secretary told me "They are all in there eating." Walked down the hall, into the door, stopped, turned and locked the door. Sat down and informed the table about my conversation with the Director that morning. "We stand to lose 3,000 controls and can't afford that. People will be laid off. I've heard the excuses, watched the finger pointing. No is not acceptable. I have dinner ordered should we need it. We fix this in this meeting or I am the only one leaving this room alive." Two programmers declared that they had solutions .....they jumped up stopped "Can we leave?" "Go ahead." My best friend was the Senior Engineer ....he leaned over and whispered "Serious about killing someone?" "Only you, I have plans to take you out while playing golf tomorrow." then laughed ....Within two hours we had the controls working .....I had five handed over packed and ready to go. I fly out with the box in the morning ....."Good job guys!" We got the goverment contract.

Why do I tell this story? Corporate America can get problems solved. The Government just plainly screws around. Watch these hearings on CSPAN. They sit there and spit out their trash, having nothing to do with solving a problem, just finger pointing ....Then get up and leave the room. No one is there to solve problems. No one dedicated to doing the job. Both sides are to blame.Now is the time to fix the problem, not tomorrow, not next week. Corporate America attacks a problem because they can't afford to play games forever. The Government passes problems off one generation to the next ....

Reactions: Keturah and marks

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I hope you don't mind . . . your post reminded me of one of her cats . . .

Much love!

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Congress is nearly filled with $$$ loving TRAITORS!

Keturah

Dec 19, 2022
Here
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree,
Congress is a waste of time, effort and our money. They don't care about their constituents; we nor our issues are represented by so called Congress!

Reactions: marks