Consuming Fire on the Day of The Lord

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
People who fail to address scriptures I present, like Zechariah 14:4, Matthew 24:29-30, Revelation 19:11-21, that describe the glorious Return of Jesus; without any fire, simply have another agenda and are promoting false theories.

It will be at least 10 years BEFORE Jesus Returns, that He will send fire to destroy His enemies. mainly the attackers of Israel. Amos 1, Isaiah 66:15-17, Hebrews 10:27, +, the Sixth Seal world changer that some like to shuffle around, water down, or just ignore: to their discredit.
:My2c:

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Want some change?

Using Zechariah 14:1-4 as your proof . is a fail, because verses 1-2 describe the conquest of the holy people, as prophesied in Daniel 7:25 and Revelation 13:5-8. At the mid point of the final seven years before Jesus Returns.

We know that the 'beast' will have world control for 42 months, Revelation 13:5, so there is a gap to verse 3-4, when Jesus will Return and destroy the armies at Armageddon and chain up Satan, the 'beast'.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Brethren in Christ:
Here's some more Bible info about God's consuming fire on the coming last day of this present world, on the "day of the Lord"...

Heb 12:25-29
25 See that ye refuse not Him That speaketh. For if they escaped not who refused Him That spake on earth, much more shall not we escape, if we turn away from Him That speaketh from heaven:

26 Whose voice then shook the earth:
but now He hath promised, saying, "Yet once more I shake not the earth only, but also heaven."

Very simple, Paul shows that God at one time before "shook the earth", so when was that? It was at Satan's overthrow, when Satan first rebelled against God. There's nothing written during the time of Noah about God shaking this earth back then.

But Paul then shows that, "Yet once more..." God is going to shake not only the earth, but Heaven also. When is that for? It is for the final day of this present world, on the "day of the Lord".

Remember that point about BOTH heaven and earth shaking for the end of this world.

27 And this word, "Yet once more", signifieth the removing of those things that are shaken, as of things that are made, that those things which cannot be shaken may remain.

By that Paul defined just to what level... of shaking in that old world it was, and is comparing it to this coming final shaking of the earth, and Heaven in our near future. Jeremiah 4:23-26 refers to the mountains and all the hills having trembled at that first shaking of the earth.

28 Wherefore we receiving a kingdom which cannot be moved, let us have grace, whereby we may serve God acceptably with reverence and godly fear:
For our God is a consuming fire.
KJV

Paul links God's consuming fire event with this next shaking of heaven and the earth that is coming at the end of this present world, on the "day of the Lord". Peter also showed this in 2 Peter 3:10 for the end of this present world, with God's consuming fire burning man's works off this earth. Did you know brethren that fire from God is also going to 'test' our own works in Christ?

1 Cor 3:10-15
10 According to the grace of God which is given unto me, as a wise masterbuilder, I have laid the foundation, and another buildeth thereon.
But let every man take heed how he buildeth thereupon.
11 For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.

Is your foundation in Christ Jesus, laid on His foundation?

12 Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble;
Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.

On that final day of this world, all our works are going to be tried by God's fire, to see what kind of work it is.

14 If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.
15 If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.
KJV

Thus God's consuming fire on the "day of the Lord" is not just to burn earth matter, it is going to burn man's works, even deeds not accepted by Christ on that day. No evil will escape God's fire on that day. Might this have something to do with Paul showing Heaven being shaken also on that day?

Isa 13:9-13
9 Behold,
the day of the LORD cometh, cruel both with wrath and fierce anger, to lay the land desolate: and He shall destroy the sinners thereof out of it.

10 For the stars of heaven and the constellations thereof shall not give their light: the sun shall be darkened in his going forth, and the moon shall not cause her light to shine.

11 And I will punish the world for their evil, and the wicked for their iniquity; and I will cause the arrogancy of the proud to cease, and will lay low the haughtiness of the terrible.

12 I will make a man more precious than fine gold; even a man than the golden wedge of Ophir.

Therefore I will shake the heavens, and the earth shall remove out of her place, in the wrath of the LORD of hosts, and in the day of His fierce anger.
KJV

That's the event Apostle Paul was pointing to in Hebrews 12:25-29 involving God's consuming fire!

Here's another example of that future shaking of the heavens and the earth on that "day of the Lord"...

Joel 3:10-17
10 Beat your plowshares into swords, and your pruninghooks into spears: let the weak say, I am strong.
11 Assemble yourselves, and come, all ye heathen, and gather yourselves together round about: thither cause thy mighty ones to come down, O LORD.
Let the heathen be wakened, and come up to the valley of Jehoshaphat: for there will I sit to judge all the heathen round about.

The "valley of Jehoshaphat" is an area between Jerusalem and the Mount of Olives. This is where God will gather those nations for the end that come up against Jerusalem on the last day of this world. They will be burned up, with a remnant of them leftover per Zechariah 14.

13 Put ye in the sickle, for the harvest is ripe: come, get you down; for the press is full, the fats overflow; for their wickedness is great.
Multitudes, multitudes in the valley of decision: for the day of the LORD is near in the valley of decision.

Recall how Revelation 14 refers to this harvest sickle. Also see Matthew 13:39 about that harvest time for the end of this world.

15 The sun and the moon shall be darkened, and the stars shall withdraw their shining.

The LORD also shall roar out of Zion, and utter His voice from Jerusalem; and the heavens and the earth shall shake: but the LORD will be the hope of his people, and the strength of the children of Israel.

17 So shall ye know that I am the LORD your God dwelling in Zion, My holy mountain: then shall Jerusalem be holy, and there shall no strangers pass through her any more.
KJV

There's that idea of His shaking the heavens and the earth linked again with the day of His coming on "the day of the Lord".

So really, we don't have to rely only on the New Testament Scriptures that Lord Jesus and His Apostles showed us about His future return on the "day of the Lord", because the Old Testament prophets testified of that same event too, and that is where the New Testament teaching originated from. It's been a Bible prophecy from long ago all along.

Spiritual Israelite

Apr 13, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The coming fire from God on the "day of the Lord" will do several things:

1. destroy most of Satan's armies that come upon Jerusalem on the last day.

2. end this present world earth age, one with man in a flesh existence. We 'all'... instead will be changed to a spirit existence upon the earth. All peoples will be changed, the unsaved nations; including those leftovers of the nations that came up against Jerusalem written of in Zech.14.

3. end flesh death. The only type of death remaining when that "day of the Lord" (last day) comes will be the "second death", which is the casting of one's spirit with soul into the future "lake of fire" after Christ's 1,000 years reign over the unsaved nations.
If you read Matthew 25:31-46 you should see that unbelievers will be cast into the lake of fire right after Christ comes and not 1,000+ years later. Why would they be allowed to live on the earth for 1,000 more years only to then be cast into the lake of fire? That makes no sense whatsoever.

Matthew 25:31 When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory: 32 And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats: 33 And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left. 34 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:....41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

There is no indication here whatsoever that there is a long time period between when Jesus comes with His angels and when unbelievers are cast "into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels", which is obviously a reference to the lake of fire.

You have the timing right as far as the day of the Lord and the destruction that accompanies it occurring on the day Christ returns, but the conclusions you draw about what happens next after that make no sense at all and contradicts passages like Matthew 25:31-46, Matthew 13:40-43 and Matthew 13:47-50 which have all people being judged when Christ returns at the end of the age and not 1,000+ years later.

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
If you read Matthew 25:31-46 you should see that unbelievers will be cast into the lake of fire right after Christ comes and not 1,000+ years later. Why would they be allowed to live on the earth for 1,000 more years only to then be cast into the lake of fire? That makes no sense whatsoever.
If you read Revelation 20:11-15, you would see that only after the thousand years of the reign of Jesus as King of the world, are every individual Judged,
To say that Matthew 25:46 happens when Jesus Returns is error and a contradiction of the plain statement in Revelation 20.
You have the timing right as far as the day of the Lord and the destruction that accompanies it occurring on the day Christ returns, but the conclusions you draw about what happens next after that make no sense at all and contradicts passages like Matthew 25:31-46, Matthew 13:40-43 and Matthew 13:47-50 which have all people being judged when Christ returns at the end of the age and not 1,000+ years later.
Destruction at the glorious Return, is wrong.
Matthew 13:40-43; is at the end of the Millennium, Proved by verse 41: the angels will gather the tares out of His Kingdom, at the end of time.
Matthew 24:31, is just the gathering of the faithful peoples to Jerusalem.

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
There's that idea of His shaking the heavens and the earth linked again with the day of His coming on "the day of the Lord".
Here are Scriptures that describe the glorious second coming of the Lord Jesus, when all the world will see Him, that will come after all that is prophesied for the last days:

Zechariah 14:2-5 I shall gather the nations to make war on Jerusalem; the city will be taken....Then the Lord will go out and fight them....On that Day, His feet will stand on the Mount of Olives. Then the Lord will appear, attended by all His holy ones.

Matthew 24:30 Then will appear in heaven the sign that heralds the Son of Man... they will see Him coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

Revelation 19:11-21 I saw heaven wide open and a white horse appeared, its Rider’s name was Faithful and True.....He was robed in a garment dyed in blood....He will rule the nations with a rod of iron and carry out the wrath of God..... against the Beast and the kings of the earth with their armies mustered to do battle..... the rest are killed by the sword which came out of the Rider’s mouth.

Jesus returns in power and glory, visible to all when He destroys the armies attacking Jerusalem. This happens at the end of the Tribulation period and is the commencement of His Millennial reign.
Note that He appears ‘robed in a garment dyed in blood’. This means that He has carried out a judgement before His Return in glory.

Isaiah 63:3-4 I have trodden the press alone, I trod the nations in My anger, their blood spattered My garments. I resolved on a Day of vengeance, the Year for redeeming My own had come. Rev. 14:17-20

More prophesies on the event called the “Day of vengeance” or “the Day of God’s wrath”:

2 Samuel 22:8-16 and Psalms 18:7-15 He parted the heavens and came down. The earth shook and quaked because of His anger. Smoke and devouring fire came from Him. He swooped on the wind, covered by darkness and dense vapour. Thick clouds went before Him, with thunder, hail and glowing coals. He loosed His arrows far and wide and hurled lightning bolts round His enemies.

Habakkuk 3:12 Furiously You traverse the earth, in anger You trample down the nations.

Isaiah 66:15-16 See, the Lord is coming in fire, like a whirlwind, bringing retribution in His furious anger. The Lord will judge with fire and many will be slain by Him.

Hebrews 10:27...a terrifying expectation of judgement – a fierce fire that will consume God’s enemies. Reference: REB some verses condensed.

Although, at the Lord’s Return, there will be a judgement – of the Anti Christ and his armies, this isn’t the same as the worldwide disaster described above, to happen earlier. Revelation 6:12-17

This terrible, devastating worldwide disaster, will be triggered by an attack by an Islamic confederation on the State of Israel. Psalms 83
It will change the world and a One World Government will be formed, but the Lord’s faithful righteous people will gather and live in all of the Holy Land.

Spiritual Israelite

Apr 13, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you read Revelation 20:11-15, you would see that only after the thousand years of the reign of Jesus as King of the world, are every individual Judged,
Of course. Did I say otherwise? No, I did not. We don't disagree on that, we disagree on when Jesus reigns.

To say that Matthew 25:46 happens when Jesus Returns is error and a contradiction of the plain statement in Revelation 20.
LOL. It's right there plain as day in Matthew 25:31-46. The entirety of that passage relates to what will happen at His return. For you to try to separate verse 46 from Matthew 25:31-45 is one of the worst and most shameful cases of twisting scripture imaginable. There is no basis for doing that whatsoever.

Destruction at the glorious Return, is wrong.
No, it isn't. That is exactly what is indicated in passages like Matthew 24:35-39, 2 Thess 1:7-10, 2 Peter 3:10-13 and Revelation 19:11-21.

Matthew 13:40-43; is at the end of the Millennium, Proved by verse 41: the angels will gather the tares out of His Kingdom, at the end of time.
No kidding! Of course it is. Did I say otherwise? No, I did not. Do you even make any effort to understand what I believe? I don't think so. Scripture indicates that Jesus will return at the end of the age (Matthew 24:3), but you somehow have the end of the age occurring 1,000+ years after His return.

Matthew 24:31, is just the gathering of the faithful peoples to Jerusalem.
Nonsense. It is the same gathering to Christ as written about in 1 Thessalonians 4:14-17 which will happen at His return.

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
. It's right there plain as day in Matthew 25:31-46. The entirety of that passage relates to what will happen at His return. For you to try to separate verse 46 from Matthew 25:31-45 is one of the worst and most shameful cases of twisting scripture imaginable. There is no basis for doing that whatsoever.
What is worse and shameful?
It is what the AMill believers do, that is: to reject the clearly stated Prophesies of Revelation 20. In this case; your placement of Matthew 25:46 at the Return,
We are told what Judgment will happen when Jesus Returns; just of the nations. Matthew 25:31-45
Placing the final Judgment, as described in Revelation 20:11-15, at that time as well, is obvious error.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here's more Scripture that points to events on the future "day of the Lord" when Lord Jesus Christ returns back to this earth...

Isa 13:6-13
6 Howl ye; for
the day of the LORD is at hand; it shall come as a destruction from the Almighty.
7 Therefore shall all hands be faint, and every man's heart shall melt:
8 And they shall be afraid: pangs and sorrows shall take hold of them;
they shall be in pain as a woman that travaileth: they shall be amazed one at another; their faces shall be as flames.

Apostle Paul covered those above ideas in 1 Thessalonians 5 about the "sudden destruction" upon those who will be saying, "Peace and safety".

9 Behold, the day of the LORD cometh, cruel both with wrath and fierce anger, to lay the land desolate: and He shall destroy the sinners thereof out of it.

That is pointing to Peter's declaration on the "day of the Lord" about man's works being burned off this earth by God's consuming fire on that day (see 2 Peter 3:10).

10 For the stars of heaven and the constellations thereof shall not give their light: the sun shall be darkened in his going forth, and the moon shall not cause her light to shine.
11 And I will punish the world for their evil, and the wicked for their iniquity; and I will cause the arrogancy of the proud to cease, and will lay low the haughtiness of the terrible.
12 I will make a man more precious than fine gold; even a man than the golden wedge of Ophir.
Therefore I will shake the heavens, and the earth shall remove out of her place, in the wrath of the LORD of hosts, and in the day of His fierce anger.
KJV

There's the day of God's Wrath upon the wicked; it's on that "day of the Lord", the LAST DAY of this present world.

Jer 46:9-10
9 Come up, ye horses; and rage, ye chariots; and let the mighty men come forth; the Ethiopians and the Libyans, that handle the shield; and the Lydians, that handle and bend the bow.
For this is the day of the Lord GOD of hosts, a day of vengeance, that He may avenge Him of His adversaries: and the sword shall devour, and it shall be satiate and made drunk with their blood: for the Lord GOD of hosts hath a sacrifice in the north country by the river Euphrates.
KJV

Some like to say that above prophecy was only about history against Egypt and nations in Africa at the time in Jeremiah's day. It was, but that serves as a BLUEPRINT ABOUT THE END OF THIS WORLD ALSO. That sacrifice by the river Euphrates is about coming slaughter of Ezekiel 39 of the great army coming out of the northern quarters against Israel on the last day of this world (i.e., the battle of Armageddon).

Here is another Judgment to come from God upon the pagans on that future "day of the Lord"...

Obad 15-18
For the day of the LORD is near upon all the heathen: as thou hast done, it shall be done unto thee: thy reward shall return upon thine own head.
16 For as ye have drunk upon My holy mountain, so shall all the heathen drink continually, yea, they shall drink, and they shall swallow down, and they shall be as though they had not been.

Did you know that today's nation state of Israel is ruled by non-Jewish converts to Judaism, and not by actual bloodline Judah? When God destroyed the nation of Edom per OT history, many of Esau's children converted to Judaism. King Herod, appointed by the Romans during the time of Jesus' 1st coming, was actually born of Esau. Thus Christ's warning about the idea of 'false Jews' that say they are Jews, but are not and do lie, but are the "synagogue of Satan".

17 But upon mount Zion shall be deliverance, and there shall be holiness; and the house of Jacob shall possess their possessions.

That reveals beyond a doubt a time for after... Christ has returned. It will be then when the house of Jacob (all 12 tribes) will be restored to their original habitations. But things don't look good for the house of Esau on that day...

18 And the house of Jacob shall be a fire, and the house of Joseph a flame, and the house of Esau for stubble, and they shall kindle in them, and devour them; and there shall not be any remaining of the house of Esau; for the LORD hath spoken it.
KJV

More events to occur on that "day of the Lord" on the last day of this world...

Zeph 1:14-18
The great day of the LORD is near, it is near, and hasteth greatly, even the voice of the day of the LORD: the mighty man shall cry there bitterly.
15 That day is a day of wrath, a day of trouble and distress, a day of wasteness and desolation, a day of darkness and gloominess, a day of clouds and thick darkness,
16 A day of the trumpet and alarm against the fenced cities, and against the high towers.
And I will bring distress upon men, that they shall walk like blind men, because they have sinned against the LORD: and their blood shall be poured out as dust, and their flesh as the dung.
18 Neither their silver nor their gold shall be able to deliver them in the day of the LORD's wrath; but the whole land shall be devoured by the fire of His jealousy: for He shall make even a speedy riddance of all them that dwell in the land.
KJV

Once again, the Old Testament prophets prophesied about that "day of the Lord" as the last day of this present world when God's Wrath is poured out upon the earth, upon the wicked. And His Wrath will involve that "consuming fire" that Peter declared on that day per 2 Peter 3:10.

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Here's more Scripture that points to events on the future "day of the Lord" when Lord Jesus Christ returns back to this earth...
None of your quotes say that the Day of the Lord's punishment and fiery wrath, happens at the glorious Return.
They refer to the Sixth Seal worldwide disaster, years before Jesus Returns. Proved by how the wrath of God is over before Jesus Returns. Matthew 24:29-30, Revelation 15:1

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can keep going with showing via God's OT prophets how the "day of the Lord" event is set for the very last day of this present world, and accompanies His taking reign over all the earth on that day, pointing to Christ's return on that day. Even Zechariah 14:1-5, which I've already covered, is explicit about Christ's future return to the Mount of Olives where He ascended to Heaven from per Acts 1! And it says He brings all the saints with Him there.

So what does it mean when someone cannot understand those plainly written Scriptures? It means God has blinded those. They are like a blind pet that you set a plate of food right in front of them, and they cannot find it.

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
So what does it mean when someone cannot understand those plainly written Scriptures? It means God has blinded those. They are like a blind pet that you set a plate of food right in front of them, and they cannot find it.
Your problem exactly!
You are blinded to the soon to happen Day, when the Lord will send fire to destroy his enemies in the holy Land and to change the world. The disaster that will commence the end times events and enable the establishment of a One World Govt.

The Psalms 83 and Micah 4:11-12 prophesies.
None of the Prophesies you think belong at the Return, actually say that. You wrongly assume they do.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here is yet another... Old Testament example in God's prophet of Isaiah about the 'end' of this present world on the "day of the Lord", with a BURNING...

Isa 24:1-6
24 Behold,
the LORD maketh the earth empty, and maketh it waste, and turneth it upside down, and scattereth abroad the inhabitants thereof.

2 And it shall be, as with the people, so with the priest; as with the servant, so with his master; as with the maid, so with her mistress; as with the buyer, so with the seller; as with the lender, so with the borrower; as with the taker of usury, so with the giver of usury to him.

The land shall be utterly emptied, and utterly spoiled: for the LORD hath spoken this word.

That idea of the 'land' being utterly emptied in the Hebrew is hibbok tibbdk, making a gurgling sound like turning a bottle upside sound with its contents being suddenly poured out. That is actually the kind of expression our Heavenly Father is using there about His destruction upon this earth on the 'last day'.

4 The earth mourneth and fadeth away, the world languisheth and fadeth away, the haughty people of the earth do languish.
5 The earth also is defiled under the inhabitants thereof; because they have transgressed the laws, changed the ordinance, broken the everlasting covenant.

6 Therefore hath the curse devoured the earth, and they that dwell therein are desolate:
therefore the inhabitants of the earth are burned, and few men left.
KJV

Further into that same Isaiah 24 chapter is very interesting also, because God gave a Message to His faithful when we go through His consuming fire on that day...

Isa 24:12-23
12 In the city is left desolation, and the gate is smitten with destruction.

When that desolation upon this earth by God happens on that final day, He also gave a Message to His elect of His protection over them through these things...

13 When thus it shall be in the midst of the land among the people, there shall be as the shaking of an olive tree, and as the gleaning grapes when the vintage is done.

That, "as the shaking of an olive tree, and as the gleaning grapes when the vintage is done", is an expression about His elect that will make up a small percentage not deceived in the end.

14 They shall lift up their voice, they shall sing for the majesty of the LORD, they shall cry aloud from the sea.

They will sing for the majesty of the LORD at that time.

15 Wherefore glorify ye
the LORD in the fires, even the name of the LORD God of Israel in the isles of the sea.

Those "fires" are pointing to God's consuming fire, for like the end of Hebrews 12 says, "God is a consuming fire".

These call out to Him from the Israel that is "in the isles of the sea". So what Israel is that? It is God's Israel under Christ Jesus, His New Covenant Church of both believing Israelites and believing Gentiles. (Those who don't know this have been listening to men's doctrines that are Biblically ignorant of it). The Gospel of Jesus Christ was accepted by a majority of God's people scattered among the Gentiles in the Christian West. I'll bet you didn't know there are actually TWO Israel's per God's Word, one as the Christian western nations representing the ten tribe "house of Israel", and the other in Jerusalem-Judea representing the "house of Judah".

16 From the uttermost part of the earth have we heard songs, even glory to the righteous. But I said, 'My leanness, my leanness, woe unto me! the treacherous dealers have dealt treacherously; yea, the treacherous dealers have dealt very treacherously.'
17 Fear, and the pit, and the snare, are upon thee, O inhabitant of the earth.

18 And it shall come to pass, that he who fleeth from the noise of the fear shall fall into the pit; and he that cometh up out of the midst of the pit shall be taken in the snare:
for the windows from on high are open, and the foundations of the earth do shake.

Hebrew 12 tells us that God is going to shake this earth 'once more', so that the things that can be shaken will be removed, that the things that cannot will remain. He said He is going to shake Heaven also this next time. (When was His first shaking of this earth? do you know?)

The earth is utterly broken down, the earth is clean dissolved, the earth is moved exceedingly.

That of course is in regard to the 'surface' of this earth. God is not going to literally destroy this whole earth, but cleanse the surface, just like His previous destructions upon this earth did per 2 Peter 3, only this next time using His consuming fire instead of waters of a flood.

20 The earth shall reel to and fro like a drunkard, and shall be removed like a cottage; and the transgression thereof shall be heavy upon it; and it shall fall, and not rise again.
21 And it shall come to pass in that day, that the LORD shall punish the host of the high ones that are on high, and the kings of the earth upon the earth.
22 And they shall be gathered together, as prisoners are gathered in the pit, and shall be shut up in the prison, and after many days shall they be visited.
Then the moon shall be confounded, and the sun ashamed, when the LORD of hosts shall reign in mount Zion, and in Jerusalem, and before His ancients gloriously.
KJV

Those above events make this easy to know what timing all that is. This last verse is showing Christ Jesus having returned to Jerusalem on earth, and is reigning over the nations with His elect, per Zechariah 14 and Revelation 20.

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Those above events make this easy to know what timing all that is. This last verse is showing Christ Jesus having returned to Jerusalem on earth, and is reigning over the nations with His elect,
BUT NONE OF THOSE SCRIPTURES SAY WHEN.
That detail is told to us in Revelation 6:12-17.

That you are wrong is clear from the 3 proof scriptures which prophecy the glorious Return: Zechariah 14:4, Matthew 24:29-30, Revelation 19:11-21, NONE of those Prophesies say there will be fire at the Return.

Isaiah 24:1-6 Be warned, the Lord is about to strip the earth, split it and turn it upside down and scatter its inhabitants. Everyone will be affected.
The earth dries up and withers, it is desecrated by those who live in it. They have broken My Laws and violated My covenant, that is why a curse consumes the earth and its peoples suffer, their numbers dwindle, only a few are left.

The Lords Day of vengeance and wrath strikes the earth, punishing all its inhabitants. Isaiah 63:1-6, Revelation 6:12-17.

Isaiah 24:7-13 Crops fail, the people are shocked and anxious. Their cities are in chaos and their houses shuttered and locked. Nothing but desolation is left in the towns, the bridges and highways are destroyed. So it will be throughout the world, among the nations, as an olive tree is beaten and stripped.

Cities and towns will become uninhabitable – no food, power or water and roads impassable. Suddenly, in a single Day, is mentioned in Isaiah 10:7 & Isaiah 47:9 All the nations of the world face the sun over a 24hr period. A huge Coronal mass ejection could strike all the earth in one rotation = Day. Isaiah 30:26

Isaiah 24:14-16a People from the West and the East, acclaim the Lord. In the coasts and islands of the sea, we hear them sing- from the ends of the earth, glorifying the God of Israel.

As Isaiah 30:26 says: On that Day, I will save My people. They will praise the Lord for their salvation. Isaiah 66:8.

Isaiah 24:16b-20 But, there will be trouble for the earth on the Day that the Lord opens the window of heaven and shakes the earth’s foundation. It will lurch and sway like a drunkard and whoever tries to escape will be caught, like in a trap.

Worldwide earthquakes. The unrighteous will be punished- no one will escape. Luke 21:35

Isaiah 24:21-23 On that Day, the Lord will punish the powers in the heavens above and the leaders on the earth below. They will be made prisoners, punished for a long time. The sun and moon will grow pale. God will reign in Jerusalem and will be revealed in His glory to the elders of His people.
Reference: REB verses abridged.

The leaders of the nations will be captured and punished. Psalm 149:6-9. The sky will be darkened for a while because of smoke and ash clouds. The Lord’s people will move to and settle in New Israel. The elders and leaders will know Him, as in ancient times, with Abraham, Moses and David, etc. Jeremiah 30:21, Hosea 1:11

That all this is before the Return of Jesus, is clear, then; He will come on the clouds with His angels, visible to all and He destroys the armies of the Anti Christ .

The Glory of God will come back into the Temple Holy of Holies, as in Solomon’s day. Ezekiel 43:1-9.

Note; that there is absolutely no hint of a ‘rapture’ of anyone at this time. The Lords people, righteous Israel, will gather and settle in New Israel, in all that area promised to Abraham. Jeremiah 23:3-4. Ezekiel 48.

The survivors of the worlds peoples will organise a one world government, as their leaders have gone. 10 regions will be established, each led by a President. It will not be long before one of them assumes full dictatorial powers. He will control the world for 42 minths. Revelation 13:1-8. Then Jesus will Return and destroy his army and chain him up, Rev 20:1-4