COULD LACK OF COLOUR BE A FACTOR IN DEPRESSION?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Letting in the light is so important. There are people in bedsits near me sho never open their curtains. I pray for them because they can't be in a good place.
@Pearl There is something about natural light, yes. Over here in North America, New York City and Los Angeles are sometimes each known as the City that Never Sleeps; in other words, ppl on the go at all times, often little sense of the natural distinction between night and day.

Reactions: TLHKAJ

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you like colour in your home? Here in the UK the modern trend is for neutral colours in the home rather than colours. And I have been wondering if this trend could be a factor in the rising cases of depression as people life in grey rooms with grey carpets and black furniture.

I like colour and couldn't think of living in a room that was devoid of colour; I would find it very depressing, but lots of people prefer the greys.

Ha, funny you should say that Pat. I just finished (well, over the last year) had my Livingroom painted a light gray, same with a new carpet. The couch and loveseat are charcoal gray. Since one does not have to be married to the color gray, it can be fine and neutral to any other colors. I LOVE the South Western (U.S.) look with all the turquoises, oranges, reds, browns, greens...so, also the many, many indoor plants I have, go great with the gray. Also, about 4 years back had a wall knocked out of my kitchen so it opens it all up into the Livingroom. My kitchen has stainless steel fridge and stove and while tiled floor with streaks of slate and black worked through.
I do understand what you mean though...VERY drab without color! Also, I've never taken a place to live with out LOTS of sunshine :D

Reactions: TLHKAJ and Pearl

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is more my style and color preferences....lots of warmth.
proxy-image
Wow, gorgeous! The kitchen is my favorite room in any house and this one ROCKS!!! Would love to make a few meals here :) Just look at all that counterspace AND the butcher block! My dream kitchen!

Reactions: TLHKAJ and Pearl

GaryAnderson

Aug 10, 2021
Massachusetts
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And depression seems to be on the increase here in the UK. And I really wonder if there is a link.

I think a lot of that depression is linked to atheism and all the philosophies that raise from it such as nihilism etc. It’s not very healthy but God will sort it out in the end.