COULD LACK OF COLOUR BE A FACTOR IN DEPRESSION?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

TEXBOW

Jul 8, 2021
Cypress
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you like colour in your home? Here in the UK the modern trend is for neutral colours in the home rather than colours. And I have been wondering if this trend could be a factor in the rising cases of depression as people life in grey rooms with grey carpets and black furniture.

I like colour and couldn't think of living in a room that was devoid of colour; I would find it very depressing, but lots of people prefer the greys.
I most certainly feel that color makes a big difference in your state of mind. I doubt very few have every walked into a very colorful beach house without a smile. @Pearl I hate to correct you but your misspelling color. :):):)

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
@Pearl Do you think you'll start paining again some time?
Probably not farouk. I was just learning to mix the colours when it all had to be packed away and then I got discouraged.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I most certainly feel that color makes a big difference in your state of mind. I doubt very few have every walked into a very colorful beach house without a smile. @Pearl I hate to correct you but your misspelling color. :):):)
Well it's the correct spelling this side of the Atlantic where English originated. :D

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Probably not farouk. I was just learning to mix the colours when it all had to be packed away and then I got discouraged.
@Pearl Well, I guess the person needs to have significant leisure time first....

Sometimes if the aim eventually is to sell in commercial galleries, of course, what might have begun as leisure time can become work time. (A similar comment could be made about artists who aim at working in tattoo parlors.)

TEXBOW

Jul 8, 2021
Cypress
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well it's the correct spelling this side of the Atlantic where English originated. :D
Touché. (as you can see the French made a few contributions to our language also)

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, it was a one off in acrylics. I tried water colours but had to pack all my stuff away and then lost interest.
Acrylics are the most user friendly paints . I used to sketch , draw , paint and etc in art for years dear sister .
By user friendly , i mean if you make a mistake , Let it dry and paint right over it .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Touché. (as you can see the French made a few contributions to our language also)
And in France I believe they have le weekend. Language crosses borders and is constantly being tweaked.