Counterfeit Christianity

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't know about you, but I am still here on this earth in my unredeemed Adamic body that is prone to sin, Romans 8:23. Like Paul, I am waiting for Jesus to return and deliver me from this body of death. In Adam all die, but in Christ all will be made alive. I am looking forward to receiving my new body. It must be wonderful that you have already experienced the resurrection.
So... what do you think this scripture below means when it clearly says "God raised us up with Christ and seated us with him..."?
The words "raised" and "seated" are past tense, so it cannot refer to a FUTURE state of being, but rather a PRESENT state of being.

Ephesians 2:6-7 NIV
And God raised us up with Christ and seated us with him in the heavenly realms in Christ Jesus,
7 in order that in the coming ages he might show the incomparable riches of his grace,
expressed in his kindness to us in Christ Jesus.

/

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
A Christian already has that Saviour and constantly confessing sin does not make any difference. Since we became born again the bible calls the followers of Jesus saints not sinners.

Rom 15:26
For it pleased those from Macedonia and Achaia to make a certain contribution for the poor among the saints who are in Jerusalem.
Hallelujah!!...and Praise the Lord....we are the Born Again.....Born by the Spirit of God.....no man can ever take that from the heart/ spirit of his child........raise those hands and “ SHOUT” his name out!!

Pin on gif

Last edited:

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As long as you are here on this sinful planet in your unredeemed Adamic body you are a sinner, Romans 8:23. I hope that you are not telling people that you don't sin. Yes, "Christ is the end of the law for righteousness" Romans 10:4. But not yet. You are trying to bring the "not yet" into the now. We have not been totally sanctified yet. Spiritually, yes. Physically, no.
We are not seen as sinners, We need to see us as our new identity. only then can we move forward and have victory

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
We are not seen as sinners, We need to see us as our new identity. only then can we move forward and have victory
Our new identity is in Christ...Brother!..

2 Corinthians 5:17~ “Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new.”

1698231622043.gif

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
As long as you are here on this sinful planet in your unredeemed Adamic body you are a sinner, Romans 8:23. I hope that you are not telling people that you don't sin. Yes, "Christ is the end of the law for righteousness" Romans 10:4. But not yet. You are trying to bring the "not yet" into the now. We have not been totally sanctified yet. Spiritually, yes. Physically, no.
Goodbye Robert. I will not let you bring me down to your level.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Goodbye Robert. I will not let you bring me down to your level.
Sis....it’s when they start talking in the flesh.....we need to walk away.

A Born Again doesn’t understand the carnal mind...it’s alien to us, as were in the Spirit....in my opinion of course.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Continuing to see ourselves as sinners definitely holds us back. Beating ourselves up is no use at all. Jesus has dealt with our sin - past, present and future - paid the price/ransom with His own precious blood.

So to constantly claim to be a sinner is to deny that precious sacrifice and continue to live in darkness.

Last edited:

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Right.
We don't have to wait for the resurrection of the dead to be clothed. We are clothed NOW in Christ.

Galatians 3:26-27 NIV
So in Christ Jesus you are all children of God through faith,
27 for all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ.

/ @Ritajanice @Pearl

• Love
Reactions: Eternally Grateful

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
1. A Christian that is indwelt with the Holy Spirit will readily confess that they are a sinner, desperately in need of a savior, 1 John 1:8.

3. The belief that Jesus has justified, sanctified and redeemed them, 1 Corinthians 1:30 and that they are complete in Christ, Colossians 2:10.

Lets look at your : #1 and #3.

Reader.

The Born again are not desperately in need of a Savior.
The Born again, HAVE already found their Savior, and are SAVED... . They are not needing it.
Its the UNBELIEVER who is "desperately needing God's Salvation.

Its the unbeliever who is under God's Wrath... John 3:36

The Born again are "under Grace". and "have received Eternal life"... already.

Also, its the Blood Atonement... that is our eternal Justification.
Its the Cross of Christ that God has provided for us, (The New Covenant) = so that by the Shed blood and death of Jesus we can be forgiven all sin, and redeemed and restored into eternal spiritual union with God, as our "faith is counted by God, as (Christ's) righteousness.""""

Last edited:

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Continuing to see ourselves as sinners definitely holds us back. Beating ourselves is no use at all. Jesus has dealt with our sin - past, present and future - paid the price/ransom with His own precious blood.

So to constantly claim to be a sinner is to deny that precious sacrifice and continue to live in darkness.
It took me awhile to realize this spiritual truth..

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Right.
We don't have to wait for the resurrection of the dead to be clothed. We are clothed NOW in Christ.

Galatians 3:26-27 NIV
So in Christ Jesus you are all children of God through faith,
27 for all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ.

/ @Ritajanice @Pearl
Amen,

When God sees us, He sees his son.

We also have his son as High priest sitting at Gods right hand making intercession.

My job is to admit when I did something, and move on, thanking God.. Seeking the things of the spirit. To continue to look at self and sin is to in essence place yourself back under law and condemnation.

If you can look at self that way. How can you ever be secure in Christ?

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Lets look at your : #1 and #3.

Reader.

The Born again are not desperately in need of a Savior.
The Born again, HAVE already found their Savior, and are SAVED... . They are not needing it.
Its the UNBELIEVER who is "desperately needing God's Salvation.

Its the unbeliever who is under God's Wrath... John 3:36

The Born again are "under Grace". and "have received Eternal life"... already.

Also, its the Blood Atonement... that is our eternal Justification.
Its the Cross of Christ that God has provided for us, (The New Covenant) = so that by the Shed blood and death of Jesus we can be forgiven all sin, and redeemed and restored into eternal spiritual union with God, as our "faith is counted by God, as (Christ's) righteousness.""""
1698236487467.png
John 8:36
So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
It took me awhile to realize this spiritual truth..
It comes with spiritual maturity. As new Christians our eyes are opened to the things we do, think and say that we now count as sinful whereas before they weren't. So for a while we tend to beat ourselves up for not being good enough, but if we have good bible based teaching and a good mentor to disciple us we come to know the truth. Robert Pate seems to be spiritually immature or either a very new and naïve Christian or he has not had the right teaching and mentoring.

Matthew 11:29
Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It comes with spiritual maturity. As new Christians our eyes are opened to the things we do, think and say that we now count as sinful whereas before they weren't. So for a while we tend to beat ourselves up for not being good enough, but if we have good bible based teaching and a good mentor to disciple us we come to know the truth. Robert Pate seems to be spiritually immature or either a very new and naïve Christian or he has not had the right teaching and mentoring.

Matthew 11:29
Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.
Amen..

we have not been given a spirit of fear. but of a sound mind.

those who see themselves as law breakers can not have a sound mind, they must lie to themselves.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Romans 8:1-4
Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit who gives life has set you free from the law of sin and death. For what the law was powerless to do because it was weakened by the flesh, God did by sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh to be a sin offering. And so he condemned sin in the flesh, in order that the righteous requirement of the law might be fully met in us, who do not live according to the flesh but according to the Spirit.

The 'counterfeit Christians' are the ones who do not believe this.

Last edited:

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Romans 8:1-4
Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit who gives life has set you[a] free from the law of sin and death. For what the law was powerless to do because it was weakened by the flesh, God did by sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh to be a sin offering. And so he condemned sin in the flesh, in order that the righteous requirement of the law might be fully met in us, who do not live according to the flesh but according to the Spirit.

The 'counterfeit Christians' are the ones who do not believe this.
Amen!!!....we the Born Again are in God’s truth!!!.....Hallelujah!!!

1698239425933.gif

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So... what do you think this scripture below means when it clearly says "God raised us up with Christ and seated us with him..."?
The words "raised" and "seated" are past tense, so it cannot refer to a FUTURE state of being, but rather a PRESENT state of being.

Ephesians 2:6-7 NIV
And God raised us up with Christ and seated us with him in the heavenly realms in Christ Jesus,
7 in order that in the coming ages he might show the incomparable riches of his grace,
expressed in his kindness to us in Christ Jesus.

/
You apparently are not able to discern the spiritual from the physical. Spiritually we are ALREADY perfect and complete in Christ, Colossians 2:10. Physically we are still here on the sinful planet in our sinful Adamic bodies waiting for Jesus to return and change us.

"In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed" 1 Corinthians 15:52.

This has not happened yet. Total sanctification has not happened yet. This is something that we look forward to.

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen!!!....we the Born Again are in God’s truth!!!.....Hallelujah!!!

View attachment 37384
The over weight dancer is still in his Adamic body and is prone to a heart attack. Maybe he is glorying in his flesh. Before you can enter heaven you must be changed. "Now I say this brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither can corruption inherit incorruption" 1 Corinthians 15:50.