Counting the cost

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God gave us gifts of ministry... One of those gifts is the ministry of healing. What happens though is that those who believe they are recipients of such a gift use the methods of the world rather than the means by which God gave to bring the needed treatment to those in need. Ancient cultures have more understanding of natural medicine than the pharmaceutical industry.
The pharmaceutical industry has a vested interest in treating symptoms to induce people into believing they are getting better, but the root causes of illness remain untreated. If doctors recommended and good people into the correct lifestyles such as Good Diet. Plenty of Exercise. Proper rest. Adequate Sunshine. Clean Water. Greg air. Temperance in all things, then people will live healthier longer and more fulfilling lives. And if they did get sick, in most cases natural remedies and their own string immune systems will take care of it. Even cancers are healed by diet in many cases.
Yes, but consider this. With the knowledge which man has today if everyone were doing their best to make everything right and/or better everyone without respecting persons and instead making themselves first what a wonderful world it would be. But, man in general has never been that way, has he? He is and has always been a mostly a selfish creature. Even the ones who would or could work toward improving things for others still usually will put themselves first. How many people are already like Jesus.

Jesus was not selfish, but selfless. He was what Apostle Paul called for in this verse:

"Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves." Phil 2:3

Again, indeed, if we were all really as Jesus is to the best of our abilities without supernatural gifts of healing, what a wonderful world it would be.

How many are there who are really on the approach to the selfless life which Jesus led as a man of flesh? I am counting myself also in the number of those who are still coming up short in this respect. Are we growing or are we only just treading water? Help us Lord!

B

brakelite

Yes, but consider this. With the knowledge which man has today if everyone were doing their best to make everything right and/or better everyone without respecting persons and instead making themselves first what a wonderful world it would be. But, man in general has never been that way, has he? He is and has always been a mostly a selfish creature. Even the ones who would or could work toward improving things for others still usually will put themselves first. How many people are already like Jesus.

Jesus was not selfish, but selfless. He was what Apostle Paul called for in this verse:

"Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves." Phil 2:3

Again, indeed, if we were all really as Jesus is to the best of our abilities without supernatural gifts of healing, what a wonderful world it would be.

How many are there who are really on the approach to the selfless life which Jesus led as a man of flesh? I am counting myself also in the number of those who are still coming up short in this respect. Are we growing or are we only just treading water? Help us Lord!
We were all born in selfishness. Not many are aware but the opposite to love is not hate, it is selfishness. It is human nature to be selfish. And it is a constant battle to overcome. In fact, it is the battle. Learning to love is the antidote to sin. And we can only learn to love by allowing the Master of love to work in and through us His perfect will. Surrender is the only way to holiness.

Last edited by a moderator:

LoveBeacon

Dec 23, 2018
new york
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Will you die for your faith?
Dying for our faith is what we are called to do as Christians. "Then Jesus told his disciples, “If anyone would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross and follow me. 25 For whoever would save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for my sake will find it."

I think we are all aware of this fact, but the better question would be, "Who is willing to get tortured for their faith?" The cross resembles a torture device that the romans used to torture someone to death. If Jesus is saying that we must pick up that cross and follow Him, then that is the cost we are needing to count. I know for me, I like to think that my death would be quick and painless. Although, looking at all the Christians before me, they died pretty gruesome deaths. Starting with the stoning to Paul, all the way to Peter getting hanged upside down on a cross.

Really something that isn't pleasant to think about, but is something that needs to be clear in our own heads.

In peace