Covenant theology

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hopefully everyone sees this is not a simple topic.

It involves covenants, which are very real. It of all salvation, which is very real. It involves God's relationship with man, which is very real.

So everybody should have at least a basic understanding and knowledge of what is going on.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now let's look at the idea it is 2,300 years.

1844 is a very important day to the Seventh-day Adventists.

This is when the Millerites believed the rapture would occur.

When it didn't Ellen G White and some others formed the Seventh-day Adventists.

2300 years.jpg

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
It seems that Careless is winning the argument with himself. :D it seems that people are finally getting his measure and switching off when the barrier is so hard to penetrate.

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Hello @CoreIssue,

It all sounds much ado about nothing. All of these categories, and vagaries in belief! What matters is what God has said. If everyone read the word of God and believed what it has to say then there would be no problem. Instead of imposing their own understanding upon it, and misapplying it.

God has spoken! That is a miracle in itself. He sent His only begotten Son into the world to die for sinful man, so that by simply believing, and trusting in His all-sufficient sacrifice for sin, they may know their sins forgiven and receive the gift of eternal life through His name. What wondrous grace!

Praise His Holy Name!

In Christ Jesus
Chris

Reactions: farouk

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello @CoreIssue,

It all sounds much ado about nothing. All of these categories, and vagaries in belief! What matters is what God has said. If everyone read the word of God and believed what it has to say then there would be no problem. Instead of imposing their own understanding upon it, and misapplying it.

God has spoken! That is a miracle in itself. He sent His only begotten Son into the world to die for sinful man, so that by simply believing, and trusting in His all-sufficient sacrifice for sin, they may know their sins forgiven and receive the gift of eternal life through His name. What wondrous grace!

Praise His Holy Name!

In Christ Jesus
Chris
I miss something along the way. Who is Careless?

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Hello @CoreIssue,

Praise His Holy Name!

In Christ Jesus
Chris
Indeed. I have been reading Ephesians 1; similar sentiments there, inspired by the Spirit.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry @CoreIssue,

I don't know what you mean? I have not mentioned carelessness. o_O
Just want to praise God.

In Christ Jesus
Chris

Sorry, your last post and J Rosses were against each other and I misread his for your.

It seems that Careless is winning the argument with himself. :D it seems that people are finally getting his measure and switching off when the barrier is so hard to penetrate.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello @CoreIssue,

Praise His Holy Name!

In Christ Jesus
Chris
And therein lies the problem. Covenant theology policing Calvinism. Your belief is irrelevant.

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
And therein lies the problem. Covenant theology policing Calvinism. Your belief is irrelevant.
Hello @CoreIssue,

I don't understand. Am I to take this personally, that you think that my belief is irrelevant? Or is this a view that 'covenant theology policing Calvinism' has engendered?

In Christ Jesus
Chris

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Hello @CoreIssue,

Praise His Holy Name!

In Christ Jesus
Chris
I sometimes find that there is so much logical theology that goes round and round that Scripture is sometimes lost sight of altogether...

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I sometimes find that there is so much logical theology that goes round and round that Scripture is sometimes lost sight of altogether...
What many call logical theology I call foolishness.

As the Bible says what God teaches is simple but it sounds foolish to those who cannot hear.

As with Calvinism, salvation by faith is so simple. Yet they spend the word of God into some kind a game of chance by God concerning us.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Not within Calvinism.

It does not matter what you believe, God already decided for you.
I think, Sir, your post shows that there are many different versions and perceptions of what so called Calvinism is; I don't think it's wise to sweep everyone who possibly uses the term positively within your own negative definition, whatever they may actually believe from Scripture.

But it's pointless to argue.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think, Sir, your post shows that there are many different versions and perceptions of what so called Calvinism is; I don't think it's wise to sweep everyone who possibly uses the term positively within your own negative definition, whatever they may actually believe from Scripture.

But it's pointless to argue.
Calvinism is one form of predestinationism.

As a secure Armenian I believe in predestination as a consequence of salvation by free will.

So predestination comes in many forms of belief.