Craving Attention, Feeling Ignored

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

atpollard

Jun 30, 2019
Port Richey, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think my thoughts from today belong here rather than in a separate thread.

I think we all have Christians we look up to. Maybe it's a famous theologian like A.W Tozer or a YouTube prophet or a street evangelist.

But I quickly got frustrated by either being let down by people like this or comparing myself to them.

Where do I fit in? I asked the Lord and He said, " Do my will."

I used to think that God's will is always some huge flashy sacrifice. But for me it's really more like a series of small, unimportant seeming tasks on most days.

I think I am becoming more and more okay with this. I think God is leading me to verses like

Matthew 7:22-24

22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

24 Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:

There are people who look like flashy SuperChristians who are simply not doing God's will.

They are flowing in miracles, signs, and wonders and stumbling over simple obedience.
There is an old joke that if you want to know the condition of a man’s heart, address a Doctor as “Mister”. How many SuperChristans would pass that test? :)

Reactions: Wynona

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Titles get my ire as do painted faces. If one wants to be 'beautiful' eat healthy, live clean and humbly.....this way there is a radiance far surpassed by strutting with appendages.