CRAVING OTHER FOOD

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

NUMBERS 11 :34 Therefore the place was named Kibroth Hattaavah, because there they buried the people who had craved other food.

After reading my daily devotional from Numbers 11 this morning I carried on to the end of the chapter. It was about how the Israelites kept complaining and demanding meat to eat. God sent them and abundance of quails but their hunger and craving for other food eventually led to their deaths.

It occurred to me that perhaps this is what is causing the decline in much of the denominational churches; the fact that people are not satisfied with the true 'food' God provides and are craving 'other food' which some factions of the church seem only too happy to provide these days; 'food' that will lead only to spiritual death..

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
NUMBERS 11 :34 Therefore the place was named Kibroth Hattaavah, because there they buried the people who had craved other food.

After reading my daily devotional from Numbers 11 this morning I carried on to the end of the chapter. It was about how the Israelites kept complaining and demanding meat to eat. God sent them and abundance of quails but their hunger and craving for other food eventually led to their deaths.

It occurred to me that perhaps this is what is causing the decline in much of the denominational churches; the fact that people are not satisfied with the true 'food' God provides and are craving 'other food' which some factions of the church seem only too happy to provide these days; 'food' that will lead only to spiritual death..
Or it could be that the true food is not being provided in the denominational churches , but perhaps the true food is something God needs to provide on a deeper level in a more personal way, one to one.
So many ‘ man made rules ‘ have crept in to ‘ church ‘ - just a thought xx

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Or it could be that the true food is not being provided in the denominational churches , but perhaps the true food is something God needs to provide on a deeper level in a more personal way, one to one.
You're right Rita, many churches are not providing the good food and many others are providing what the people want rather than what is from God.

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Oh, that is an excellent thought!!!!This makes perfect sense!!
It is for things just like this that I am glad I'm a member here.

Thank you!

• Love
Reactions: Nancy and Pearl

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

what would you say constitutes good/ real food Pearl?

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You got that right, way too many man made rules. We now have the world in church clothing! Read that somewhere recently and how true it is!

• Love
Reactions: Pearl and Cassandra

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You got that right, way too many man made rules. We now have the world in church clothing! Read that somewhere recently and how true it is!
2 Tim 4:3
For there is going to come a time when people won’t listen to the truth but will go around looking for teachers who will tell them just what they want to hear.

Reactions: Nancy

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I was thinking about what you said @Pearl and I found myself asking why we have so many divisions and denominations, I mean all of us have testimony about the Gospel impacting our lives, the good news. The Israelites had been elated when they first tasted freedom - The Lord had rescued them.
Then they had to learn to rely on God, to trust, after all this was all new to this generation. They had been provided for in many ways before, even though they were in bondage ( there was a kind of security in that ) They grumbled and looked back with regret because suddenly their needs were not provided straight away ( the only way to develop trust is to have a need and believe it will be met )
They were impatient and allowed those emotions to dictate their responses.

All of us start out on a positive but then comes the real journey of trust and change - relationship. Yet how many start to trust in the people , they become reliant on what is being fed to them without any question. I know I did, my church, my denomination had all the answers- the right food. I never questioned it , until I was challenged to look for myself and personally seek the truth and that was when I really started to grow and change.
Most denominations start with arguments about Theology - look at all the arguments today. All the division- that’s a distraction all in itself. Grumbling about what food is being fed and provided for, but who is providing that food - men or God.
And most importantly, why would people be attracted to that - doesn’t look very appetising does it.
I would rather have a personal chef that knows exactly what I need !!

• Love

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I was thinking about what you said @Pearl and I found myself asking why we have so many divisions and denominations, I mean all of us have testimony about the Gospel impacting our lives, the good news. The Israelites had been elated when they first tasted freedom - The Lord had rescued them.
I do not know why there are so many religious denominations of the church but God showed me a vision of allotments all with varying degrees of fruitfulness but that even in the most untended ones there may be a small amount of fruit.
All of us start out on a positive but then comes the real journey of trust and change - relationship. Yet how many start to trust in the people , they become reliant on what is being fed to them without any question. I know I did, my church, my denomination had all the answers- the right food. I never questioned it , until I was challenged to look for myself and personally seek the truth and that was when I really started to grow and change.
When we come to Jesus it's like we are coming out of 'Egypt', out of captivity to sin and He then will lead us into the 'Promised Land' of eternal life. Even though we may have twists and turns on that journey into life and may at times get lost, God will always be with us and the Good Shepherd will lead us home.

Just as you describe I have found a closeness to God outside of the church. When I first left Psalm 23 became my everyday confirmation that it was the right thing to do. I go to occasional meetings now when my son isn't working a Sunday shift and can take me, which was his idea not mine, so I go more for his sake and Jenayah's.

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Psalm 23 was so relevant to me as I went through healing , and like you I have grown since ‘ coming out ‘ of the church ( denominational ) I was in a wilderness of a kind but what it taught me was that it was the Lord that understood me, my circumstances ect, my deepest needs. Up until that point it was man that I turned to first, desired to care, desired to understand and in the end I just got soooooo hurt and let down. At my deepest darkest moments my brothers and sisters weren’t there, they simply didn’t know how to relate to my divorce and eldest son’s suicide attempt. I was on my own on a human level. It broke me.

• Love
Reactions: Nancy and Pearl