Creationism or Evolution?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

kittie_says_hello

Feb 17, 2008
What do most Christians believe, and why?I go to a Christian school, non-denominational. In Bible class, we have covered many topics including creationism, and we've studied the major verses about that in Genesis. In my biology and anatomy class, we are in the middle of covering human evolution and we were given a lot of background information on Darwinism. In addition, we've talked a little about the idea of theories of the universe's creation, such as big bang. My science teacher has said that knowledge of evolution is vital if we ever plan to study science at the college level, and just for general awareness, but most of my teachers including him claim to believe in either theistic evolution (Darwin's ideas but guided by God) or else they don't believe in any evolution and totally accept creationism as literal truth exactly how it's laid out in the Bible. My father believes in the whole big bang thing, probably God-less. My stepfather believes in creation exactly as it was laid out in the Bible. My mother believes in evolution as science says, but guided by God. Obviously, I'm struggling with what to believe. I'd like to know what others thing and why.

Ek Pyros

Feb 6, 2008
Abiogenesis is evolution's explanation. Abiogenesis is false.Evolution is also false, but as Jon-Marc intimated, it is not a direct challenge to creation.

biblicalthought

Feb 6, 2008
The "evidence" demands an explanation for millions of years of aging. The attempt to reconcile Creation with Evil-oution is futile. God created ex-nihilo, meaning - out of nothing. It was spoken into existence as the text says. The "evidence" problem has an easy answer, it has the "apparant-age" of millions of years. this means that when God spoke trees into existence, if you were to saw one in half one second after it was created, it would have the rings that prove age much longet than one second. If the rings gave the tree an apparant age of 45 years, because it was created ex-nihilo, it can have both: apparant age of 45 years & actual age of one second. The same applies to Adam. When he was one minute old (actual age), he looked like he was 18 years old (apparant age), or however old he apparantly was
smile.gif
This is the most defendable position because it solely relies upon Scripture, something the Liberals hate, thus their futile attempts to reconcile a non-existent problem...

x.drybonesxvalleyx

Dec 16, 2007
As a Creationist, I would like to recommend a book to you.It's called the Bones of Contention: A Creationist Assessment of Human Fossils by Marvin L. Lubenow, a professor in this subject. I am not one to speak words like he does, because he is absolutely amazing in how he disproves evolution in a scientific manner. Many scientists logically struggle with the idea of evolution because it contradicts itself. The main idea with Creationism is that /God/ did everything, which is why people often misjudge and think that by not going with evolution, you are going with God. And that's exactly what I am doing, yes. However, there are a majority of literal Christians who believe absolutely everything written word for word. However, there is much allegory with that too. And some people believe that God creates through evolution.Which can be disproven through science.What always got me--You can't prove Creationism.But you can disprove Evolution.So what's the argument?

Wayne Murray

Jan 15, 2007
The introduction to Genesis and to the whole Bible ascribes everything to the living God, creating, making, acting, moving, and speaking. There is no room for evolution without a flat denial of Divine revelation. One must be true the other false. All of God’s works are good, great, wondrous, and perfect.Man starts from nothing. He begins in helplessness, ignorance, and inexperience. All his works, therefore, proceed on the principle of evolution. This principle is only seen in human affairs: from the hut to the palace; from the canoe to the ocean liner; from the spade to the plowshare to machines. But the birds build their nests today as at the beginning. There is growth and development within man, but no passing, change, or evolution out from one into another.For this theory or fallacy of evolution to be true there would be evident stages of evolution today. You would be able to find species in many stages of evolution in nature right now. For this theory or fallacy of evolution to be true there would be no God. And that’s exactly what evolutionists believe and are trying prove. The evolutionist bases his or her conclusions on human assumptions and reasoning, instead of on the documentary evidence of the manuscripts.

G

Godrocks

Jon-Marc - haha, can you back that bold statement up with anything..?

waynemlj

Feb 8, 2008
Hi kittie_says_hello,Education nowadays is unfortunately corrupted by the worldly view of things.Whenever you want the truth about important matters like evolutionism and creationism, you turn to the Bible and get God's view of the universe . . . since He made it.I see that you have been getting conflicting views from teachers and family members. That doesn't surprise me at all.Unless those people have been born again by the Spirit of God, you will get their worldly views, not God's Truth.Sit down quietly with your Bible and read Genesis chapters 1,2 and 3. There you will learn that God created each life form of its own kind and with its own seed within it for reproduction. Each kind stays as its own kind; it does not cross over to become another kind of higher life form as evolutionism incorrectly teaches.If you follow that false trail of evolution you will eventually be led to the false conclusion that every life form kept advancing to higher ones and finally ended up at man. That destroys man's special dignity as a human soul, the only created being that was made in the "image and likeness of God."God's word says clearly that only man is made in His image and likeness (Gen. ch. 3). Satan would like to turn his lie (evolution) into the truth and destroy God's Truth. Evolution has been disproved many years ago. I can't believe that schools still teach it. There are many good books written by reputable science men to refute evolutionism.If you're a serious reader and want to know more about the lies of evolution, go to Google and type in the author Philip Johnson or Michael Denton, both excellent and knowledgeable authors who tear the theory of evolution into threads.And pray to God to show you the Truth. After all He is God!waynemlj

Maveric

Feb 26, 2008
Godrocks,Jean-Marc's statement can be backed up upon the authority of the Word of God. "For by him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things were created by him and for him." -Colossians 1:16. "In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth." -Genesis 1:1. "Before I formed you in the womb, I knew you..." -Jeremiah 1:5. "Then the angel I had seen standing on the sea and on the land raised his right hand to heaven. And he swore by him who lives forever and ever, who created the heavens and all that is in them, the earth and all that is in it, and the sea and all that is in it......" -Revelation 10:5-6.

Jon-Marc

Jun 8, 2007
Jacumba, CA
(Godrocks;38319)
Jon-Marc - haha, can you back that bold statement up with anything..?
Only with scripture which means nothing to those who don't believe it. Genesis tells us that God spoke everything into existence. We either believe it by faith or not. I'm not wasting my time trying to prove the existence of God, the validity of the scriptures, or that the theory of evolution is false. Too many people have the attitude of, "My mind is made up; don't confuse me with the facts."God said to "go into all the world and preach the gospel." He didn't say, "Go into all the world and prove that I exist." It's evident to all whose minds, eyes, and hearts are open to the truth. God IS. God created EVERYTHING. God is sovereign and in control. God so loved the world that He sent a Saviour to make a way for us to be forgiven of all sin. Jesus Christ died, and was buried, rose again, and lives and reigns forevermore! However, people don't want to be held accountable for what they do, and so they try to deny that God exists. Denying His existence won't make Him go away.You can't describe a sunrise to a man who can't see it. You can't explain a great work of music to a deaf man. You can't explain to a man who is spiritually blind and deaf what living by faith is like, or what it's like not to fear death, or what it's like to KNOW that an omnipotent, omniscient God has FORGIVEN you of all your sins, or what it's like to KNOW that you will spend eternity with that wonderful and awesome God in eternal bliss and happiness. No, such things cannot be explained; they can only be experienced, and then one will know what it's like. Without that personal experience, a person just goes on in his ignorance of what it truly means to "live by faith and not by sight."

Wayne Murray

Jan 15, 2007
The Duke of VandalsThrow all the rocks you want to. You made no valid points.Another one needs his diaper changed.Whew what a mess !!Better use plenty of baby powder.We wouldn't want him to get a rash.Stick a bottle in his mouth before the crying starts again.Put him on your shoulder and burp the little fella.Then rock-a-bye baby.Peace at last.

The Duke of Vandals

Feb 27, 2008
(Wayne Murray;38422)
The Duke of VandalsThrow all the rocks you want to. You made no valid points.Another one needs his diaper changed.Whew what a mess !!Better use plenty of baby powder.We wouldn't want him to get a rash.Stick a bottle in his mouth before the crying starts again.Put him on your shoulder and burp the little fella.Then rock-a-bye baby.Peace at last.
Post reported to the moderators. Please post respectfully or not at all. Thanks.

The Duke of Vandals

Feb 27, 2008
(Jon-Marc;38389)
You can't explain a great work of music to a deaf man.
Actually, one of the greatest composers who ever lived was stone deaf. Point being that your argument is a variation of the ad hominem fallacy; you're attacking the person instead of addressing the argument. To be sure, skepticism on the part of non-believers is neither a deficiency nor a matter of being "close minded". If you believe that god created the universe and mankind, then prove it. It's just like any other scientific claim: it requires sound logic and evidence.

Wayne Murray

Jan 15, 2007
(The Duke of Vandals;38428)
Actually, one of the greatest composers who ever lived was stone deaf. Point being that your argument is a variation of the ad hominem fallacy; you're attacking the person instead of addressing the argument. To be sure, skepticism on the part of non-believers is neither a deficiency nor a matter of being "close minded". If you believe that god created the universe and mankind, then prove it. It's just like any other scientific claim: it requires sound logic and evidence.
The rhetoric of fallacy and deception is spiritually blind and can only think carnally. It is so sad.

The Duke of Vandals

Feb 27, 2008
(Wayne Murray;38432)
The rhetoric of fallacy and deception is spiritually blind and can only think carnally. It is so sad.
Another post reported. Again, please participate in the thread without resorting to insults & rule breaking or please do not participate. Thanks.

Jerusalem Junkie

Jan 7, 2008
What about putting the shoe on the other foot. Prove Jesus did'nt exist. This makes me mad as hell. People want to come on here and doubt,doubt,doubt but they never provide any prove with their claims only as Wayne said "rhetoric" if you don't believe then find something you believe in. And your doing all this post reporting be careful cause I can give you something to report to the moderator.

Wayne Murray

Jan 15, 2007
(Jon-Marc;38389)
Only with scripture which means nothing to those who don't believe it. Genesis tells us that God spoke everything into existence. We either believe it by faith or not. I'm not wasting my time trying to prove the existence of God, the validity of the scriptures, or that the theory of evolution is false. Too many people have the attitude of, "My mind is made up; don't confuse me with the facts."God said to "go into all the world and preach the gospel." He didn't say, "Go into all the world and prove that I exist." It's evident to all whose minds, eyes, and hearts are open to the truth. God IS. God created EVERYTHING. God is sovereign and in control. God so loved the world that He sent a Saviour to make a way for us to be forgiven of all sin. Jesus Christ died, and was buried, rose again, and lives and reigns forevermore! However, people don't want to be held accountable for what they do, and so they try to deny that God exists. Denying His existence won't make Him go away.You can't describe a sunrise to a man who can't see it. You can't explain a great work of music to a deaf man. You can't explain to a man who is spiritually blind and deaf what living by faith is like, or what it's like not to fear death, or what it's like to KNOW that an omnipotent, omniscient God has FORGIVEN you of all your sins, or what it's like to KNOW that you will spend eternity with that wonderful and awesome God in eternal bliss and happiness. No, such things cannot be explained; they can only be experienced, and then one will know what it's like. Without that personal experience, a person just goes on in his ignorance of what it truly means to "live by faith and not by sight."
Excellent Jon !!!

Wakka

Jun 4, 2007
First of all. God created adaptation. Or what they like to call "micro evolution". That's the fact that creatures adapt to their surroundings. It's a God given gift. Why do you think people from Asia look different from the people from Africa. It's a given fact that if you take a dog up north, it'll grow a thicker fur coat.In the other hand, "macro evolution" is a complete lie. It hasn't been proven. And it's only based on speculations. There is a fine line between finding a fact and discovering more about it, than thinking up an idea and looking for things out in the blue to support it. There is no evidence to say that a single celled organism evolved into a complex creature.That's why I believe that evolution is a lie. It's sad how being a Christian is not politically correct now a days. You don't have to believe in evolution and jump on this bandwagon with everyone else. There are Christian scientists out there.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
(The Duke of Vandals;38448)
Another post reported. Again, please participate in the thread without resorting to insults & rule breaking or please do not participate. Thanks.
DukeExcuse me but you are the one that seems to have lied claiming to be a Christain when you obviously are not or at the very least one who needs much learning. The staff here will decide who posts and who does not please do not tell our members who can participate and who can not.

Jerusalem Junkie

Jan 7, 2008
(kriss;38496)
DukeExcuse me but you are the one that seems to have lied claiming to be a Christain when you obviously are not or at the very least one who needs much learning. The staff here will decide who posts and who does not please do not tell our members who can participate and who can not.
Agreed.........:naughty: